• 3(current)
Linux fix tslib integration
For xserver you were right I don't need your program but for kodi I really need it! Kodi is not working without your "little helper" ! Other question is a program like navit working on openelec?
I don't know anyone with navit on openelec. Maybe I should try to compile it... Must check which dependencies needs. Qt, x11, .. seems little hard for RPi and imx6.
Hi everyone!)
I've been searching how to calibrate touchscreen in Kodi for one month. And yesterday I've found this thread) I was very excited. And now I'm trying to instal ultraman's software... But I'm a noob in UNIX systems. I use RPi2 on Raspbain 2015-05-05 with installed Kodi 14.1 and RetroPie emulators pack... Now I want to set touchscreen in Kodi... Can I use ultraman's approach to solve this problem in Raspbian? Or could I use patch from http://openelec.tv/forum/20-development-...les#143405? If yes, could someone please make tutorial how to install software or patch?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think patch is just for old versions of OpenELEC.
x3merrus, if you can't calibrate touchscreen then you don't even have touchscreen support in Kodi. That's why patch IS required.

But my approach works without patched Kodi because it makes new virtual input device. How to compile and configure: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2043553

I'm not sure where environment variables should be set up (/root/.bashrc is used only by shell). Those environment variables bust me set before Kodi is started. Also ts_uinput_touch daemon must be started before Kodi is started. It depends on your distribution.

Yesterday got another happy user. So seems to be working well.

Update: Adding environment variables and calling ts_uinput_touch after that in /etc/rc.local would probably be easiest solution. Or making one new bash script with everything inside and calling only file.
Thank you very much) I resolved my problem with compiling Kodi 14.2 with patches following this tutorial http://arendwierks.blogspot.nl/p/touchsc...-kodi.html
But, I think, your solution easier and faster and since it's not a patch, the future versions of Kodi will work great. And not only Kodi!) Maybe I'll try it later this summer. Now I should google: 1) how to set environment variables; 2) do I need set them every time, or only once, like in Windows; 3) how to work with /etc/rc.local.
Thank you very much for your great work) I think your approach and tutorial mentioned above will help a lot of people, since there wasn't any good solution for a many years of Raspberry Pi existence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wrote about your solution here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=232221&page=2
Every solution has strengths and weaknesses.
I'm running this on osmc and it doesn't have the whole gamut of tools for compiling this, as it's based on a raspbian minimal os, so I had to install them:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libunistring0 libtool libmagic1 libcroco3 libasprintf0c2 gettext-base file gettext autotools-dev automake libsigsegv2 m4 autoconf

Just a heads up to those doing this in osmc.
finally got your solution compiled, but when I try running
Code:
ts_uinput_touch -d
I get
Code:
ts_uinput_touch: error while loading shared libraries: libts-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What happened?
(2015-07-24, 09:15)thebestofall007 Wrote:
Code:
ts_uinput_touch: error while loading shared libraries: libts-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What happened?
You didn't install it and this library is not found. Run
Code:
make install
(2015-07-24, 09:15)thebestofall007 Wrote: finally got your solution compiled, but when I try running
Code:
ts_uinput_touch -d
I get
Code:

What happened?

never mind, I just had to install tsconf and libts-0.0-0
(2015-07-24, 09:21)ultraman Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 09:15)thebestofall007 Wrote:
Code:

What happened?
You didn't install it and this library is not found. Run
Code:
make install

i ran make install and it installed, but I still had the issue. I then had to sudo apt-get install tsconf and libts-0.0-0 and that problem went away.
I also had to install the libts-bin and libts-dev packages as well. Another heads up.

I ran the make install command and it installed without error, however when I run (as root)
Code:
ts_input_touch -d
I now get
Code:
using fb device:/dev/fb0
resolution: 800x480
using touch device: /dev/input/by_id/usb-RPI-TOUCH_By_ZH851_iz785322U335-event-if00
couldn't load module input
no raw modules loaded.
ts_config: Success

Is this any concern? What's missing?
(2015-07-24, 16:36)thebestofall007 Wrote: I also had to install the libts-bin and libts-dev packages as well. Another heads up.
You don't need to install ANY other package regarding tslib/libts. Because you already have everything in my branch (whole tslib). Just needs to be compiled and installed.

(2015-07-24, 16:36)thebestofall007 Wrote: no raw modules loaded.
ts_config: Success[/code]

Of course this is something to be concerned. This probably happens because you messedmy branch with other libts packages installed.
Another possible reason is that you forgot to set variable TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts/ where modules are installed (input.so and other).
(2015-07-24, 18:06)ultraman Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 16:36)thebestofall007 Wrote: I also had to install the libts-bin and libts-dev packages as well. Another heads up.
You don't need to install ANY other package regarding tslib/libts. Because you already have everything in my branch (whole tslib). Just needs to be compiled and installed.

(2015-07-24, 16:36)thebestofall007 Wrote: no raw modules loaded.
ts_config: Success[/code]

Of course this is something to be concerned. This probably happens because you messedmy branch with other libts packages installed.
Another possible reason is that you forgot to set variable TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts/ where modules are installed (input.so and other).

Thank you for the quick reply. Here are my variables in /root/.bashrc:
Code:
export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/by-id/usb-RPI_TOUCH_By_ZH851_iz785322U335-event-if00
export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts
export TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none
export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/ts/pointercal
export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf

I followed post 12 to do the initial build, except I ran
Code:
git clone https://github.com/vpeter4/tslib -b ts_uinput_touch
as per post 13 for the git clone step. For some reason I am not getting any "/etc/ts" or "/usr/lib/ts" directories at all.

I may just have to start over, which I am prepared to do.
Code:
git clone https://github.com/vpeter4/tslib -b ts_uinput_touch ts_uinput_touch
cd ts_uinput_touch
autoreconf --verbose --force --install
./configure
make
make install

and you should get this files
Code:
/usr/bin/ts_harvest
/usr/bin/ts_test
/usr/bin/ts_print_raw