VIDEO_TS folder structure for The Lord of the rings extended
(2013-05-05, 19:04)uNiversal Wrote: In order for XBMC to recognise anything like that it would be a absolute requirement that this metadata would exist somewhere like online database like like TMDB, IMDB etc, and IIRC it doesn't, so in principle xbmc cannot support something that doesn't exist.

uNi

It wouldn't, my example uses the file name to differentiate between the multiple discs and their contents the existing metadata is sufficient this just handles the specific case of people with iso rips of their dvd collection. This would work in a similar way to the cd1 and cd2 convention for multi part files except it would be used in this case to expose a choice of which iso to load and play to the user.
Existing on TMDB/IMDB/etc is trivial and not really required. It would be more than easy enough to make simplistic entries for anything and everything, including random internet clips or home movies, so that they are in the database.

It might make it less practical, especially if you have a large amount of files to add, but that's another issue.
@mattK just looking at one of your examples, Cranford is on both themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com. Just becuase something doesn't have seasons, doesn't mean it is not suitable for TV scraping.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=80965&lid=7

(The fact that they class "Return to Cranford" as season 2 is irrelevant in this discussion. There are plenty of one season TV shows).

In my view you would be better adding something like Cranford as a TV than as a movie, then the "parts" make sense.

Looking at Merlin (1998) the same is true, it is listed at thetvdb.com as three episodes, all season 1.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=83269&lid=7

Sorry I am unable to help with your other numbering problems, but personally I haven't found "extras" as mkv/avi files any easier than you are finding them in isos.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Have your tried manually entering the info for you video_ts folder in the .nfo?

First to create .nfos (if you don't have them already) go to settings, video, library and export video library, select separate, yes, yes, and yes.

now that you have the .nfos you can open them up in a text editor and manually edit all the tags you want to (including movie sets, and titles)

then you want to remove the associated video file from your xbmc library (don't delete the file from the computer tho) and then scan for new media...the new video will have all of the info you changed in the now locally stored .nfo plus the stuff you kept from the scraping (like directors name, synopsis...etc) and you can go back and change this anytime.
.nfos... I thought I'll land there... :-)

and @digitaltomj...I agree, mkv, are much more practical. That's why I use them for everything but LOTR. Actually some mkv, some iso of the full discs. As I said LOTR SEE is a masterpiece of its own and I would want to have it even if it didn't included the main movies :-) You start to appreciate the movie making process much more, when you see the story and the Tolkien background itself. It's a special movie inside the movie, made of 6 parts (times 3) which are practically impossible to convert to .mkv in an any kind of useful manner.
I had the same problem once, I just let it scrape them as duplicates then manually appended (Part 1) and (Part 2) to the title. No need to get all fancy.
how did you do that- Manually Append?
Right-click the movie and select "Set title".
Blush STUPID....

thanks
Glad it worked out!
He wants to keep the menus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VIDEO_TS folder structure for The Lord of the rings extended0