Connection lost, local machine
So.. lets see, start with hardware

Homerun Prime (3 tuner).
DZ77RE-75K in system with latest drivers and bios.
Comcast cablecard

Homerun is plugged into ETH port on motherboard,Windows Firewall is TURNED OFF for this port.
Second port goes to local network, with firewall turned ON
All software is loaded on SAME machine.
Live TV buffer is pointing to c:\temp on SSD drive.
Recorded shows go to standard disk.. when it can record properly.

Homerun software seems to see the tuner just fine, but I have not left it in this mode to watch TV for more than 30 mins or so.
NPVR (ver 2.6.2) seems to see the tuner just fine, but again.. XBMC is my primary program, so I have not tested for more than 30 mins or so.

XBMC (12.1 Frodo) see's the tuner when it start up... but after watching live TV for a while (5 mins to 2 hours) the screen freezes and will eventually give a Connection Lost msg and start displaying about a 5 second loop of the program that was being watched.

When this occurs, I see the tuner light go OFF on the Homerun unit.

Why would I be getting a "Connection to client lost" msg when the software is all on the same machine and the Homerun prime is the ONLY device on the ETH port?

How do I fix this?
----------------------
Sorry, that's the NPVR plugin giving an error of lost connection to tuner.
Which I still don't understand HOW it could do that...
If you reproduce the problem, then zip and post the xbmc.log (with debug logging enabled) and web.log/nrecord.log, then I'll take a look.
Ok.. well, I can't seem to post up files here, so here's a link.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8107246/Logs.zip

It's the entire npvr log dir and the xmbc.log file while on debug mode.
Thanks for looking at it!
I can't see an obvious cause in those logs, but I can see it thinks two live tv sessions are active. There was a updated XBMC addon that corrected this, which might help with the problem you're seeing: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?5...post454442
And with that update, it didn't fix it.
I currently have one channel currently recording, which seems to be ok. Not sure yet.
But three times since that recording has started, the live channel I was watching has frozen up, then given me the NPVR "lost connection with tuner" err msg.

Now to see if I can do this AND catch the debug log.
Well, didn't have it set up to catch the debug log... but I caught a screen shot of XBMC showing an error that the NPVR client lost connection to the tuner, while NPVR itself is playing live tv.
Aaand of course, I can't upload it here.
So, here's a link.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8107...0error.jpg

I know.. still need a log. I need the time to actually be home and mess with this.
Turns out after alot more poking around, that I have defective HW in the HDH. It's in the works for RMA, and will try again when the new one comes in!
Pain in the butt...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connection lost, local machine0