Linux NFS Connection Problems
I've been struggling with NFS problems for ages now, but it has finally gotten to the point I can't work around it anymore.

I have XBMC installed on:
  • Ubuntu (11.10)
  • Windows (8)
  • Android (Xios)
  • AppleTV2
  • Raspberry Pi (RaspBMC)
They are all running Frodo 12.1. I would like them to all use a shared MySQL database, but they have to be able to access content at the same path. I have had problems with throughput with SMB, so have chosen NFS as the protocol of choice.
I have all of my content on a DroboFS with NFS exported using unfsd. The exports file is as follows:
Quote:/mnt 192.168.1.0/16 (rw,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,anonuid=0,anongid=0)

I can successfully use the native XBMC NFS on AppleTV2 and Raspberry Pi. But it does not work on Windows, Ubuntu or Android. I can successfully mount NFS using the Ubuntu file system and have been using autofs for over a year on that system.

I have read ever FAQ, twiddled every possible settings in the exports file and actually finished reading the Internet trying to find a clue. But no clue has been found. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have uploaded the debug log from Windows, link is below. Logs from Ubuntu and Android show similar errors.
A typical entry looks like one of the two following snippets:
Quote:22:09:05 T:6268 ERROR: Failed to open(//Movies/) opendir call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //Movies failed with NFS3ERR_STALE(-5)"
22:09:05 T:3640 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.1.10/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Movies/
22:09:05 T:3640 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(nfs://192.168.1.10/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/Movies/) failed
Quote:22:06:53 T:592 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/libnfs.dll)
22:06:53 T:592 DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.1.10/mnt/DroboFS/Shares not open - get a new context.
22:06:53 T:592 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: /mnt/DroboFS/Shares (mount/mnt call failed with "RPC error: Mount failed with error MNT3ERR_ACCES(13) Permission denied(13)")
22:06:53 T:3640 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.1.10/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/TV/
22:06:53 T:3640 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(nfs://192.168.1.10/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/TV/) failed
http://pastebin.com/Fc0DK8hu
1. change anonuid to something else (0 is really risky as it would mean user "root")
2. replace no_root_squash with all_squash
3. chown all files and folders you have exported recursivly to the userid which you have assigned for anonuid

example:

anonuid=3000, anongid=3000
chown -R 3000.3000 /mnt

After that restart the router and everything should work.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz. I seem to finally have gotten it working with the following exports file and all files owned as root (which seems to be the only thing that Drobo likes)

Quote:/mnt/DroboFS/Shares *(rw,insecure,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,anonuid=99,anongid=99)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Connection Problems0