Bug movie stops when changing audio language
Since 12.1 release on RPi I'm having these issues..

Starting a multilanguage movie (mkv or dvd iso) it defaults to english language.. When I change it to dutch the movie quits and I return to the library.
When I start it again, the language has changed..

The log doesn't say anything specific. I was wondering if other people experience the same issues.
we have similar reports where if you have a video file which starts with stereo 2.0 and during the playback the audio switched to 5.1(usual with TV series) the playback stops and return to GUI.
nothing in logs at all
some finding of one of our user.it may help to narrow down the troubleshoot
http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?pid=9706#pid9706
That issue seems to be with a single audio stream. I'm switching between 2 seperate audio streams.. 1 dutch and 1 english.
(2013-04-26, 09:22)RoRoo Wrote: That issue seems to be with a single audio stream. I'm switching between 2 seperate audio streams.. 1 dutch and 1 english.

See http://forum.xbian.org/thread-759-post-9...ml#pid9075 -- this issue is at least related, because it happens with both:

1. When changing the audio stream in xbmc settings the player crashes (from Dutch to English for example)
2. When the audio stream changes (Game of Thrones, most HBO series do this) from 2 channel to 5.1 the player also crashes.

This does not happen with the latest omxplayer.(git20130423), so it seems the omxplayer xbmc is using gets confused when the audio stream changes.
(2013-04-26, 09:36)bacobart Wrote: 2. When the audio stream changes (Game of Thrones, most HBO series do this) from 2 channel to 5.1 the player also crashes.

Can you produce a sample file that crashes? E.g. use mmg from http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/ and produce a 100MB sample file that exhibits the problem.
Post that somewhere (e.g. dropbox).
@popcornmix happy to see you have found some time to look into this
-thx-
(2013-04-26, 12:05)popcornmix Wrote: Can you produce a sample file that crashes?

Here's a fragment that causes the crash. The crash happens at about 30 seconds into the video. Please be aware that this fragment contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season 3.

When audio passthrough is disabled the video gets scrambled for a bit but is able to continue (seems to skip a bit of video too), so only when audio passthrough is enabled there is a real crash.
@popcornmix did the sample file help you reproduce the issue?
(2013-04-29, 15:06)bacobart Wrote: @popcornmix did the sample file help you reproduce the issue?

Thanks for file.

With command line omxplayer, it behaved quite well, very slight stutter when switching from 2 to 6 channels. Both passthough and non-passthrough.
With xbmc it stalled for a second and I got some video artifacts.

It didn't hang for me.

Do you get a different effect? What xbmc build are you using? I'm using something similar to rbej's Gotham build.
how far is the code of the embedded omxplayer compatible with master branch of the standalone omxplayer?

Can I just copy the standalone source files (except omxplayer.cpp which contains the main function) into my master checkout of xbmc or is a complex merging process necessary?
(2013-04-30, 10:26)_phk_ Wrote: how far is the code of the embedded omxplayer compatible with master branch of the standalone omxplayer?

Can I just copy the standalone source files (except omxplayer.cpp which contains the main function) into my master checkout of xbmc or is a complex merging process necessary?

They diverged about a year ago and haven't been kept in sync, so no, you won't be able to copy code.
(2013-04-29, 18:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 15:06)bacobart Wrote: @popcornmix did the sample file help you reproduce the issue?

Thanks for file.

With command line omxplayer, it behaved quite well, very slight stutter when switching from 2 to 6 channels. Both passthough and non-passthrough.
With xbmc it stalled for a second and I got some video artifacts.

It didn't hang for me.

Do you get a different effect? What xbmc build are you using? I'm using something similar to rbej's Gotham build.

The crash only happens in xbmc with dts / ac3 passthrough enabled so you will need a dolby/dts capable device to reproduce this. When audio is downmixed to stereo playing continues with light artefacts. This happens in xbmc 12.1 release and later nightlies. Standalone omxplayer does not crash, it handles the audio change properly, both on audio downmix and audio passthrough.
Like popcornmix, I also don't get a crash with passthrough, just the slight pause & video artifacts during the 2.0->5.1 switch that happens regardless of whether I'm hooked up direct to a TV or through my Pioneer receive or whether I'm decoding or bitstreaming.

The xbian thread linked earlier has one person indicating that they get a crash on their Philips+Harmon Kardon setup but not their Samsung setup, so there's got to be another factor causing your crash besides (or inaddition to) enabling passthrough.
I get this crash on xbian+yamaha receiver+samsung tv when using passthrough in xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie stops when changing audio language0