• 24(current)
Archive - old posts
Thank you guys! Wink That's something I should have figured out myself. Shame on me...
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
Version 0.3.7 was just pushed to Github

- Introduce vertical home menu
- Add more items for PleXBMC
- some minor cosmetic fixes

WIP:
- enable eject for DVD menu item (toiva)
- enable Quit menu customisations
- recently added per menu item for vertical home menu
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Just installed 0.3.7 to check out the vertical homescreen. I noticed that whenever you back out of a menu section, you are always taken to the homescreen with TV Shows selected, regardless of which section you had been in.

Also wanted to just thank you for the awesome skin.

Edit: And this is probably because the feature was just added, but no submenus or indication that the shelf is there (but it is) when using the vertical menu.
(2013-07-14, 16:41)kanedamgm Wrote: Also wanted to just thank you for the awesome skin.

Edit: And this is probably because the feature was just added, but no submenus or indication that the shelf is there (but it is) when using the vertical menu.

Thanks. I got very inspired by new vertical menu Smile so that I couldn't help myself and

...just pushed 0.3.8

- enable eject for DVD menu item (toiva)
- added shelf (per main menu item) for vertical home menu
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I tested 3.8 and the vertical view looks interesting! Keep up the good work!
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Version 0.3.9 on Github https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip

- Add auto populating favourites for vertical menu
- Make shelf also work for plexbmc
- Vertical menu completed

Have fun, have a nice summer and see you in september.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I was waiting for an easy install solution but are you saying this is easy to install? I'm assuming it's a manual process is that right?.. anyone want to help me with a simple how to guide? :-)
(2013-07-11, 16:05)lysin Wrote:
(2013-07-11, 10:08)nsviper Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 17:42)Atinkler Wrote: Hi Pecinko

Been keeping an eye on this skin for my Pi and wondered if you have an ETA when this will be going into the stable repo?

Been running this on my Pi for couple of months now - its brilliant Smile why wait for it to appear in the repo?

+1

Running on my Pi since day one! Amazing work!

(2013-07-12, 11:29)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 17:42)Atinkler Wrote: Hi Pecinko

Been keeping an eye on this skin for my Pi and wondered if you have an ETA when this will be going into the stable repo?

I'm still trying out some stuff. No ETA, sorry.

As other said, it won't get better than this. Skin is WIP repo not because it's unstable - it is rock solid from the start - but because I'm still improving or altering bits and it probably would not be fair to push it to the main repo and that change views in skin updates.
Thanks for a fast and great looking skin.

Just one question how do I access the shutdown timer function normally found in the XBMC Shutdown menu like other skins.

Thanks.
(2013-07-15, 15:06)Atinkler Wrote: I was waiting for an easy install solution but are you saying this is easy to install? I'm assuming it's a manual process is that right?.. anyone want to help me with a simple how to guide? :-)

1. Download
2. Unzip (with winrar etc.)
(3. backup home/pi/.xbmc/addons/skin.amber-master or just add "backup" --> "skin.amber-masterbackup")
4. Copy the second (!) skin.amber-master folder to home/pi/.xbmc/addons/ via FTP (Filezilla, WinSCP etc.)
5. set rights to 755 for all folders and data (see right click on skin.amber-master folder in Filezilla)
6. restart PI
7. enjoy and thank pecinko! Wink
(2013-07-15, 09:34)pecinko Wrote: Version 0.3.9 on Github https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip

- Add auto populating favourites for vertical menu
- Make shelf also work for plexbmc
- Vertical menu completed

Have fun, have a nice summer and see you in september.

Any ETA when will this update be available in skin dev repo?
I'm waiting to see if everything is OK before pushing to dev repo :)
(2013-07-15, 18:10)micoba Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 15:06)Atinkler Wrote: I was waiting for an easy install solution but are you saying this is easy to install? I'm assuming it's a manual process is that right?.. anyone want to help me with a simple how to guide? :-)

1. Download
2. Unzip (with winrar etc.)
(3. backup home/pi/.xbmc/addons/skin.amber-master or just add "backup" --> "skin.amber-masterbackup")
4. Copy the second (!) skin.amber-master folder to home/pi/.xbmc/addons/ via FTP (Filezilla, WinSCP etc.)
5. set rights to 755 for all folders and data (see right click on skin.amber-master folder in Filezilla)
6. restart PI
7. enjoy and thank pecinko! Wink

A better ways would be

1. Install skin developement repo and install Amber from there
2. Save above ZIP to a location you can access from xbmc. Use settings/addons/install from zip

Above method by micoba will not install script.favourites which is used in for creating custom menu items in the skin.

(2013-07-15, 15:33)Iceman360 Wrote: Thanks for a fast and great looking skin.

Just one question how do I access the shutdown timer function normally found in the XBMC Shutdown menu like other skins.

Thanks.

I do skins for... Huh 3 years now and this is the first time someone asked for this feature. I believe it would confuse most users so none of my skins ever had it. Sorry.

Can you map that timer to a button on your remote?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-13, 09:21)xardas1977 Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 15:21)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 15:09)xardas1977 Wrote: Hi Pecinko,

I like this thema, but i am missing Big list too much. are you working on this ? Thank you

Why do you miss it that much?

My wife like everything big :D
It is possible to copy som files from Quartz Reloaded to get Big List in Amber?
Thank you

My wife as well :) but that does not really answer my question. You cannot just copy-paste but it would probably work with some modifications.
@pecinko

Neither way worked for me for version 3.7, so I didn't try it for 3.8 - 3.9.
(2013-07-15, 20:48)micoba Wrote: @pecinko

Neither way worked for me for version 3.7, so I didn't try it for 3.8 - 3.9.

That must be some rpi specific bug. Is everything in 3.9 working as supposed to? If so I'll push it to dev repo for easier install.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10