• 32(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-07-31, 12:27)pecinko Wrote: OK

I didn't develop the skin with less powerful devices in mind as I use it on mac mini. I should be able to test on RPi soon thanks to a help from very nice XBMC user so I was wondering what do users of ATV and RPi have to say about possible skin improvements?

Someone proposed an option to disable fanart and that should be fairly simple to implement in some views. Is there anything else that I may look at? Relyter said something about fairly log load time of video OSD (several second). Is that RPi specific or does it happen in other skins as well?

Just post some feedbackSmile

Overall performance on Apple TV is almost perfect. One thing I noticed though, is that when bringing XBMC Subtitles interface while playing a video, the Apple TV slows down and then crashes due to low memory issues. I don't know if this could be fixed.
Pecinko the slow load time fo video is due to the xbmc install (IMHO) I use raspbmc latest nightly and the video load is almost instant, but if I use the latest official release it is really slow (several seconds or more) i would therefore advise users to try a nightly because I'm seeing no lag at all with this skin, if anything its faster than the default skin
(2013-08-03, 08:57)baruchin Wrote: Overall performance on Apple TV is almost perfect. One thing I noticed though, is that when bringing XBMC Subtitles interface while playing a video, the Apple TV slows down and then crashes due to low memory issues. I don't know if this could be fixed.

If that does not happen in Confluence than I'm pretty sure I can fix it but I'll need full debug log. Please make sure you installed latest version 0.4.5 from skin dev repository before that. Double-check you have Textures.xbt in skin/media folder.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-31, 12:27)pecinko Wrote: OK

I didn't develop the skin with less powerful devices in mind as I use it on mac mini. I should be able to test on RPi soon thanks to a help from very nice XBMC user so I was wondering what do users of ATV and RPi have to say about possible skin improvements?

Someone proposed an option to disable fanart and that should be fairly simple to implement in some views. Is there anything else that I may look at? Relyter said something about fairly log load time of video OSD (several second). Is that RPi specific or does it happen in other skins as well?

Just post some feedbackSmile

Hey.. have this skin on all my devices from htpc to phone to raspberry pies.. you asked for ideas to improve the skin for users of ATV and RPi.. well i have an idea.. i mostly navigate my raspberry pi with my tv remote.. works great but miss 1 option, to update library.. so was wondering if it would be possible to make a "update" button under the submenues on the homescreen, like the shelf button but under the submenu of movies, tv shows, and music. ?
(2013-08-02, 23:28)relyter Wrote:
abcabc ' Wrote: Now my question is if you could explain me how I can modify the skin myself to implement my suggestis?
As I already posted your suggestions imho are pretty good, but it requires significant modification of skin code and in the case of rating and watched icon also adding graphics. It's not like changing few placement coordinates.So if you have no previous experience with coding chances that you would success are very low. however if you are determined enough you should start with reading skinning wiki and try things with foundation skin. it took me 2 weeks of all evening sessions before I started to create some simple but sensible code Wink. But be careful, you may like it. :-)

Too bad.. I don't have that much time. Maybe I'll try it in the weekends.
Thanks for the heads up!
(2013-08-02, 18:59)micoba Wrote: When switching from "Fanart - Show info" to "Fanart - the other option" and back again the background picture stays streched to full screen. Restarting didn't help. I'm using V4.5.

Pozdrav

I am experiencing the same thing. It worked perfectly in 4.0 but in 4.5 it no longer resizes the fanart.

thanks for a near perfect skin
-ken Z-
Question 
Hi

I was using your older skin Quartz for about half a year now and really like it because its so fast and I can customize it the way I want to. Now I would also like to use your latest skin Amber but unfortunately its not quite usable for me as part of my library is in Korean and the charset I need is not supported by the skin fonts. So I was wondering if you plan to also support Arial? And why not always use a font which supports Unicode by default? Is it more memory consuming?

Thanks for your hard work!
(2013-08-01, 09:38)toiva Wrote: Note to Raspberry users, you might want to try to compress all the textures, it should have a positive impact on the performance.

Hi toiva, could you explain how to do that?
Thanks
Hi Peckino, so after last time i asked for some things like in progress tv shows or random movies and nothing happened, so i decided to put my hands on the work! Smile

After lots of search i've found the add-on "Skin widgets" that does exactly what i've asked. (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...in_Widgets)

I've already started editing your skin and made the part of the in progress/ongoing tv shows happen.

The Ongoing Tv Shows option displays the oldest unwatched episode of a Tv Show you're watching, by order of last seen Tv Show.

So far i've managed to made/change this:

On "addon.xml" i've added the next line so the Skin Widgets addon gets installed if isn't installed already:
Code:
<import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.25" />

On "language/English/strings.xml" i've added this two lines:
Code:
<string id="31021">Show Tv Shows</string>
<string id="31022">Ongoing TV Shows</string>

On "1080i/Settings.xml" i've added the an option to enable the ongoing tv shows instead of new tv shows, this option to choose ongoing tv shows only shows up if the option to see tv shows is enabled. I've changed the item id numbers of the addons (so this option will show up in second), changed the name of the first option and added this code:
Code:
<item id="2" description="Enable Ongoing Tv Shows">
              <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Hide.RecentlyAdded)</visible>
              <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Hide.OngoingTvshows)</visible>
              <label>$LOCALIZE[31022]</label>
              <label2>$LOCALIZE[106]</label2>
              <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Hide.OngoingTvshows)</onclick>
            </item>            

<item id="2" description="Enable Ongoing Tv Shows">
              <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Hide.RecentlyAdded)</visible>
              <visible>Skin.HasSetting(Hide.OngoingTvshows)</visible>
              <label>$LOCALIZE[31022]</label>
              <label2>$LOCALIZE[107]</label2>
              <onclick>Skin.Reset(Hide.OngoingTvshows)</onclick>
            </item>

On "1080i/Includes_Vertical_Home.xml" and "1080i/CustomShelf.xml" i've tried to maintain the same structure of both, on both, ive added:
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(Hide.OngoingTvshows)</visible>
to the new code, and the opposite option to the old code so, the ongoing shows only show up or not depending on the option value set on settings.

An example code of one episode in Includes_Vertical_Home.xml is the next:
Code:
<item id="1" description="Episode1">
            <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.1.Path))</visible>
            <label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.1.Title)]</label>
            <label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.1.TvshowTitle)]</label2>
            <property name="SeasonEpisode">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.1.EpisodeNo)]</property>
            <thumb>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.1.Art(tvshow.poster))]</thumb>
            <property name="ItemType">$LOCALIZE[20387]</property>
            <onclick>PlayMedia($ESCINFO[Window(Home).Property(RecommendedEpisode.1.Path)])</onclick>
          </item>
On CustomShelf.xml the code is a bit different because i kept the format of episodes in that file. Wink

I don't know much about skins and i didn't figured out how to change the texts "Recently added Tv shows" in the shelf and menu. Dunno, but maybe in the future i can add the random movies option or maybe you can do this.
Also if you can add this stuff to your version i would be very thankfull/honored since this took me lots of time (since i was/am a noob in this sking/addons thing).

Here is a zip file with the files i've changes and with the addon skin widgets: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn84yzasy4rymf...alhaus.zip

In the next picture show some examples of what i've done:
http://i.imgur.com/C5Ao8aI.jpg

P.S.: Btw I've noticed your skin is not showing the scrollbar button like the amber version optimized to Xbian (http://i.imgur.com/uaXccOx.png). I think the pictures are this ones: "/media/OSD/ScrollBarNibFO.png" and "/media/OSD/ScrollBarNibNF.png". Can you fix this?
(2013-08-05, 01:19)Turambar Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 09:38)toiva Wrote: Note to Raspberry users, you might want to try to compress all the textures, it should have a positive impact on the performance.

Thanks

If you download the skin from the dev repository the textures are already packed. So you only "need" to compress the textures when you download the skin from Github. You need to use Texturepacker for it.

(2013-08-05, 04:12)calhaus Wrote: Hi Peckino, so after last time i asked for some things like in progress tv shows or random movies and nothing happened, so i decided to put my hands on the work! Smile

I've been working on this (recommended stuff, not random) for couple of days now, and i'm almost ready.

(2013-08-05, 08:32)toiva Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 01:19)Turambar Wrote:

Thanks

If you download the skin from the dev repository the textures are already packed. So you only "need" to compress the textures when you download the skin from Github. You need to use Texturepacker for it.

(2013-08-05, 04:12)calhaus Wrote: Hi Peckino, so after last time i asked for some things like in progress tv shows or random movies and nothing happened, so i decided to put my hands on the work! Smile

I've been working on this (recommended stuff, not random) for couple of days now, and i'm almost ready.

Looks good, how does it work?

(2013-08-02, 19:04)ThaDraGun Wrote: This is the best looking skin Ive found that works smoothly on Xios. Its amazing, no slowdown at all!

Not sure if its something I did, or if it was from an update but the Homescreen wallpapers have changed today. The movies one changed and I believe the music changed as well. I went into background settings and hit the default button but it didnt change it back. The movies one used to be a batman pic which I liked and I cant remember what music was..something better then a violin tho.
Any ideas where I can find the originals?

So far no big issues, one thing I wish it had was settings lock. Kiosk mode I think its called. Makes it kid proof.
Also a way to change the Quit menu. The popup has log off, quit, shutdown, reboot. I wish there was a way to take out quit. On my Xios if I choose quit then it doesnt shut it off properly and the only way to get it going again is to uplug it, plug the power cord back in. I can remember not to choose it, but my son/wife/ someone visiting may not know and then they think the media box is broken.

Maybe you'll like these:
watch gallery
(2013-08-05, 08:32)toiva Wrote:

I said random, because i just dont want the new movies like that also because i don't know how Recommended for movies works and if it's finished (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142389 -> "Recommended: Movie (unfinished)" )

From the picture i can say you are doing a good job, but there are two things i've noticed:
-Movies are using more than on straight line
-And maybe you can add my options to tv shows, to show only recently added or ongoing (recommended).
Let's wait for toiva's implementation. I'll try to merge it before my vacation and hopefully will fix mentioned bugs.

We can improve and fine-tune after that.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Quote:Maybe you'll like these:
watch gallery

How do I download them? Wont let me right click and save.
I found a really good site for xbmc backgrounds a long time ago, now I cant find it anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good site?
(2013-08-06, 16:58)ThaDraGun Wrote:
Quote:Maybe you'll like these:
watch gallery

How do I download them? Wont let me right click and save.
I found a really good site for xbmc backgrounds a long time ago, now I cant find it anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good site?

Rollover on the upper right corner, click on the icon = you can download or see the full resolution image Wink
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10