• 1(current)
Archive - old posts
Brick 
Amber is a skin based on, now discontinued - Quartz.Reloaded.

Main design goal is fast and simple UI, presenting your media in a readable, uncluttered way. Skin navigation should be logical and obvious for everybody, so please let me know if I've missed this goal somewhere.

Don't be misguided by the looks of home page. This is not another Aeon skin and you will not find extra art features here.

Reason all those extra stuff will probably never be part of this skin is not because my HTPC gear is not up to the task, I use Mac Mini, but because I have no use for it. I simply find most of extra art ugly, I tend to get lost in countless options and last, but not least, I have no time to code and support it. I just want to have non-intrusive, logical and uncluttered interface when I find time to watch my media.

Skin is stable and complete (some layouts might get re-design) apart from PVR (in progress - 90%).

Queue in no particular order:
- PVR improvements

NOT planned:
- extra art
- advanced customisations like movable menu items

SHELF items supported:
Recently added: Movies, Episodes, Albums, Music videos
Recommended: Movies, Episodes, Albums, Music videos
Random: Movies
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I know this probably right at the bottom of your todo list but is there a chance once the skin is more complete to create a skin for the Pandora script? I'd love to help but really have no idea how to even start on something like that.
@relyter
latest version should take care of reported problems

@toiva
Where do we go from here?

Music videos can be accessed from both Video and Music screens and can have rectangle, poster or square type thumbs - how should I code this? Smile

(2013-04-26, 11:07)soupboy Wrote: I know this probably right at the bottom of your todo list but is there a chance once the skin is more complete to create a skin for the Pandora script? I'd love to help but really have no idea how to even start on something like that.

AFAIK, I can't use Pandora from Czech Republic?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-04-26, 11:20)pecinko Wrote: AFAIK, I can't use Pandora from Czech Republic?

Officially no. You need proxys, vpn or other ip spoofing fun.

ps. It would be nice to have links to skin github and skin dev repo Smile
(2013-04-26, 11:41)relyter Wrote: Officially no. You need proxys, vpn or other ip spoofing fun.

So it's a no-no for me then.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko, I've said this before, and I'm going to say it again... Amazing work! Love this skin.

I don't really have a feature to ask for, just try and keep it light for us RPi users Tongue

Keep up the good work!
(2013-04-26, 16:07)lysin Wrote: Pecinko, I've said this before, and I'm going to say it again... Amazing work! Love this skin.

I don't really have a feature to ask for, just try and keep it light for us RPi users Tongue

Keep up the good work!

Thanks a bunch!

Reputation added for the lack of special requests in the post.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Interesting skin. good job!
Peppe
I think he wants reputation increase Big Grin
(2013-04-26, 17:45)relyter Wrote: I think he wants reputation increase Big Grin

Is that a feature suggestion? Wink
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-04-26, 17:50)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 17:45)relyter Wrote: I think he wants reputation increase Big Grin

Is that a feature suggestion? Wink

reputation for free!!! Big Grin
if you want i can take a look at strings.xml for the italian side.
Peppe
(2013-04-26, 11:20)pecinko Wrote: @toiva
Where do we go from here?

Music videos can be accessed from both Video and Music screens and can have rectangle, poster or square type thumbs - how should I code this? Smile

I don't know, it's your skin and you are the skinning guru Big Grin A skin setting to choose between poster and square for library views, and use includes for content & layouts? For files view always use a square/rectangle and set the aspect ratio to keep?

Or not Tongue
(2013-04-26, 16:07)lysin Wrote: Pecinko, I've said this before, and I'm going to say it again... Amazing work! Love this skin.

Keep up the good work!

Well I love the look of this skin! Looks like an Aeon skin but it is lighter which is good....

But could we have the options for more? Like Extra Fanart, view adjustments, moveable home menu items etc....?
(2013-04-26, 21:54)crimsonfury Wrote: Well I love the look of this skin! Looks like an Aeon skin but it is lighter which is good....

But could we have the options for more? Like Extra Fanart, view adjustments, moveable home menu items etc....?

Guess where this lightness of Amber came from? Smile If you want bell and whistles try out Aeons. It's over 9000 of them around including very nice and light enough ACE.

pecinko Wrote:I should probably also state that this skin is not meant as an AEON alternative but rather supplement which means you won't find stuff like extra fanart, weather widgets, cd-art, clear-art and similar here.
But this works directly with Plexbmc; by having direct Plex links on the main menu and having the Shelves work though, right?

That is what I want. I use Aeon Nox and love all the bells and whistles that used to work for me before going the plex route... I just want both the bells/whistles and the Plex server/client watched status sharing to all work together. Is that to much to ask?! lol... Probably.....
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10