• 3(current)
Archive - old posts
Hi Pecinko, the skin is good and very responsive. Many thanks for your work ! Smile
I use XBMC to watch movies, TVseries and some internet addons, and i think the goal of the skin is to be simple and smart: we watch contents, not the skin itself ! So, please, don't grow it it with a ton of features and switch, like many others.
If I can ask, what is the setting "plexbmc" in home.xml ?
(2013-04-28, 11:37)henrava Wrote: If I can ask, what is the setting "plexbmc" in home.xml ?

It enables XBMC to "talk" to Plex media server and it is only used if you have, PleXBMC add-on enabled. You will most probably find some remnants of Quartz specific code as well, it will go away when work is finished and the code gets optimised.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-04-27, 18:55)crimsonfury Wrote: I also made the point that the light skins are very much similar already to the Plex skins so its kind of pointless to run xbmc for those of us who use plex...

Yes, they are similar to MediaPortal skins as well - they all have fanart backgrounds and use the same left/right/up/down navigation system.

Either way, I'm XBMC user which prefers to go shopping by car rather than by truck. I'm sure there are many others that prefer it otherwise and I'm glad we have many skins to choose from.

(2013-04-28, 10:37)Martijn Wrote: I recommend SmartGit
It's free to use for opensource development and multi-platform (win/osx/linux)

Nice tip! SourceTree is free as well, but I believe it's OS X only.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko, the color of the context menu, that silver-grayish, it doesn't fit good with colors of the skin and all other similar dialog windows are skinned dark. Is it suppose to be this way, or just some texture gone missing?
(2013-04-28, 12:55)relyter Wrote: Pecinko, the color of the context menu, that silver-grayish, it doesn't fit good with colors of the skin and all other similar dialog windows are skinned dark. Is it suppose to be this way, or just some texture gone missing?

Nothing is missingSmile Dialogs will eventually be re-styled, I just want completed skin first.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK

If I didn't f*cked up with git commits, Music Videos support should be in GitHub version.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

and PVR should be in place, as well.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Poster art for music videos looks great, cannot comment on "music" music videos. Thanks.
I hate git and github so much, is it really too much to ask that i could send a pull request only for 1 commit, instead of sending every commit that does not exist upstream.
Sure, go ahead.
Great work on the skin! Some feedback I hope you will take under consideration:

1) Poster aspect ratio doesn't really make sense for music videos, since they use square album covers. Poster aspect ratio is only really suitable for people who put things like DVD concerts into the music video section, which isn't really its primary function.
2) Pressing 'i' during video playback ought to display the progress bar, like when you bring up the OSD or press pause. "So why not press 'm' or pause?", I hear you ask. Pause obviously interrupts playback, which isn't what you want if you just want to check remaining time, and while bringing up the OSD makes sense when you use a keyboard or mouse to control XBMC, it makes less sense when using a remote control.
(2013-04-29, 23:11)pecinko Wrote: Sure, go ahead.
It was not a question, just a comment on complexity of GIT. Big Grin If i'm not mistaken i have to create a branch, use cherrypick to select the commit, and then send a pull request to this branch.
I'm not sure :)

I would try - fork a repo, make your changes locally, stage all files. When you commit it should appear as pull request at my side.

Github gurus, help?

(2013-04-29, 23:16)sialivi Wrote: Great work on the skin! Some feedback I hope you will take under consideration:

1) Poster aspect ratio doesn't really make sense for music videos, since they use square album covers. Poster aspect ratio is only really suitable for people who put things like DVD concerts into the music video section, which isn't really its primary function.
2) Pressing 'i' during video playback ought to display the progress bar, like when you bring up the OSD or press pause. "So why not press 'm' or pause?", I hear you ask. Pause obviously interrupts playback, which isn't what you want if you just want to check remaining time, and while bringing up the OSD makes sense when you use a keyboard or mouse to control XBMC, it makes less sense when using a remote control.

1. Enter music videos from music menu - you will have squares

2. Will do
(2013-04-29, 23:31)pecinko Wrote: 1. Enter music videos from music menu - you will have squares

Ah, excellent. One small issue though; The "Music Videos" link under "Music" on the homescreen links to "videodb://3/" instead of "videodb://musicvideos/" so it doesn't work properly in the nightly Gotham builds.
(2013-04-30, 01:28)sialivi Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 23:31)pecinko Wrote: 1. Enter music videos from music menu - you will have squares

Ah, excellent. One small issue though; The "Music Videos" link under "Music" on the homescreen links to "videodb://3/" instead of "videodb://musicvideos/" so it doesn't work properly in the nightly Gotham builds.

You are right, but later won't work with XBMC 12 - 12.2.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10