• 7(current)
Archive - old posts
Hi Pecinko,

JM managed to Modify reFocus Big that has changing backgrounds found within the Plex Art (or whatever it's called) directory on the PMS. (he's modified the XBMC skin of reFocus Big and had it work on Plex Home Theatre).

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...t-release/

Something like he's done might help how we could have it work?

Sorry, you'd know best as I am not a skinner.

-SM
Really glad to see this project is still going. Was aware you'd had to take time off from Quartz Reloaded as you'd had a child so was very excited when I checked back and found out about Amber. Can't wait to give it a spin. Many thanks.
@smacrae

That does not help at all, unfortunately:)

I can implement an option that would allow you to define your own folder containing fanarts, and it can be different for every menu item.

I will be a bit messy if you have more than 1 server, though.
running this on the raspberry pi. works awesome Big Grin
One small question: i play movies in the aspect ratio of 21:9. is it possible to show the ratio flag/info in the lists?
(2013-05-09, 12:01)Paulus Wrote: running this on the raspberry pi. works awesome Big Grin
One small question: i play movies in the aspect ratio of 21:9. is it possible to show the ratio flag/info in the lists?

So you know upfront how much it will stretch so you can plan and switch your TV for 16:9 one? Smile

On a more serious note, I can add it to Video info if that would suffice?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

OK guys and girls

you may have noticed I have revamped some dialogs and added some missing parts lately (GitHub). I would like to add remaining bits and call it a day. Improvements will continue (this is the skin I'm using on my HTPC) but probably at much slower pace during summer.

Remaining:

- customizable quit menu
- music videos home items
- video and music player revamp
- fix lyrics
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-09, 13:47)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-05-09, 12:01)Paulus Wrote: running this on the raspberry pi. works awesome Big Grin

So you know upfront how much it will stretch so you can plan and switch your TV for 16:9 one? Smile

On a more serious note, I can add it to Video info if that would suffice?

No this way i can see which movies i can play in the best setting on my philips 21:9 tv Smile
(2013-05-09, 15:49)Paulus Wrote: No this way i can see which movies i can play in the best setting on my philips 21:9 tv :)

So you see 16:9 and then ......
You see 4:3 and then .......
movies are most of the time shot in 2.35:1. when i play these files on my tv i got no black bars Smile
Regular 16:9 i can upscale with abit of loss on the top and bottom. But thats not a big problem with tvshows.

With movies i hate black bars. so i bought this tv Smile like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDG-LBjYrl4
(2013-05-09, 16:32)Paulus Wrote: movies are most of the time shot in 2.35:1. when i play these files on my tv i got no black bars Smile
Regular 16:9 i can upscale with abit of loss on the top and bottom. But thats not a big problem with tvshows.

With movies i hate black bars. so i bought this tv Smile like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDG-LBjYrl4

Huh Smile

I was wondering how aspect ratio flag would help you

If you see 16:9 flag and then you do what before watching that movie?
If you see 4:3 and then you do what before watching it?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-09, 16:32)Paulus Wrote: With movies i hate black bars. so i bought this tv Smile like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDG-LBjYrl4

To "hide" the black bars, a good plasma TV would have been cheaper Wink

Nice TV anyway!
Pecinko. Installed this on an rpi last night and was pleased. Thank you very much.
(2013-05-09, 17:20)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-05-09, 16:32)Paulus Wrote: movies are most of the time shot in 2.35:1. when i play these files on my tv i got no black bars Smile

Huh Smile

I was wondering how aspect ratio flag would help you

If you see 16:9 flag and then you do what before watching that movie?
If you see 4:3 and then you do what before watching it?

if i see the movie is in 16:9 i could search for a better version of the movie Smile
It's easier to see it in xbmc rather than looking for each file on my nas Smile
(2013-05-09, 14:49)pecinko Wrote: OK guys and girls

you may have noticed I have revamped some dialogs and added some missing parts lately (GitHub). I would like to add remaining bits and call it a day. Improvements will continue (this is the skin I'm using on my HTPC) but probably at much slower pace during summer.

Remaining:

- customizable quit menu
- music videos home items
- video and music player revamp
- fix lyrics

Pecinko,

The latest changes you've made are much appreciated, especially all your work on the textures, buttons, etc.

The only view that is causing me trouble is the "icons" view : the scrolling animation is very choppy, and it crashes xbmc after a couple of pages. Not a big deal, but i thought i'd mention it.

The music section could use some love too, especially the big list view : it used to show artist bio in QR, but now it doesn't : too bad, i think it "filled up" the page nicely (aside from informative purposes).

That's it for feedback Wink

Many thanks for your work, the skin is really delightfull to use and to look at. Smile
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
(2013-05-10, 15:55)Sabish Wrote: The latest changes you've made are much appreciated, especially all your work on the textures, buttons, etc.

The only view that is causing me trouble is the "icons" view : the scrolling animation is very choppy, and it crashes xbmc after a couple of pages. Not a big deal, but i thought i'd mention it.

The music section could use some love too, especially the big list view : it used to show artist bio in QR, but now it doesn't : too bad, i think it "filled up" the page nicely (aside from informative purposes).

That's it for feedback Wink

Many thanks for your work, the skin is really delightfull to use and to look at. Smile

Thanks for feedback and I agree with all suggestions.

Any chance you post a debug log so I can troubleshot Icons view? I can not reproduce at my side.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10