• 8(current)
Archive - old posts
Just installed Amber. Really really impressed. Thankyou so much for making it available.

There were a couple of minor things I thought I'd mention. I'm not saying they deserve your attention as I'm sure you're busy, but thought I'd just provide the feedback anyway.

- Shelf view is really cool. When adding favourites to it are the favourites thumbnails meant to pull through as well? You can use the context menu in the favourites section to set thumbnails but these don't seem to get picked up in shelf view. I tried setting the thumbnails manually through guisettings.xml, but they always just get reset back to DefaultPlaylist.png. Not a biggie, it would just be nice to be able to pretty up the favourites on the shelf.

- I love the ability to press down in Fanart view to get Gallery view. A very minor thing is that I would expect to be able to press select when in Gallery view to do the default action (play / view info etc.). As it is you have to press up again to go back to Fanart view before pressing play.

- This one probably definitely falls under 'feature request'. In Quartz Reloaded there was a setting to disable the menu to select view mode (when you press up in Fanart view for example), which to my knowledge never actually worked. It strikes me as a really cool feature as it means that once you've got everything set up how you want it you can be sure other members of your family won't actually bring up the view mode menu and change it. I don't suppose there's any plan to revisit that functionality at any point?

(EDIT: regarding hiding the view mode, I've worked out that I can do this by commenting out the side menu section from MyVideoNav.xml, so that's an easy enough workaround for me to live with)

Hope you don't mind me bringing these points up. Do feel free to ignore them all Smile
One other thing I've just come across, which seems to be a bug. If I navigate from any of the Browse lists (e.g. Movies by year) to a list that is set to Fanart view, then all that displays is the background image for the first item in the list. None of the directional buttons do anything at this point (so can't pull up the side menu for example), and all I can do is press back to get out of that view. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edit: Just tried latest dev version and this bug appears to be fixed now Smile
Pecinko, after thinking a lot i think Concerdb scraper is a little bit of a hack. It won't even populate the artist node properly (if you go to artists and choose a artist it does not return any titles.)

Since custom video nodes are now possible the proper way is to put them to in their own directory, scrape them as movies with TMDB scraper and create a custom video node using the path as a rule.

Till something better is possible, i think this is the most sane way at the moment.
(2013-05-10, 20:59)toiva Wrote: Pecinko, after thinking a lot i think Concerdb scraper is a little bit of a hack. It won't even populate the artist node properly (if you go to artists and choose a artist it does not return any titles.)

Since custom video nodes are now possible the proper way is to put them to in their own directory, scrape them as movies with TMDB scraper and create a custom video node using the path as a rule.

Till something better is possible, i think this is the most sane way at the moment.

I have started to merge your changes today using a diff tool...

You could create your own home item from the beginning using favourites, with your changes it's a piece of cake. Just need some time as I have to merge your changes by hand.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

All i was trying to say that since Concertdb scraper is broken at the moment, and since there is a more permanent way of handling concerts (scrape them as regular movies) maybe you want to skin the music video sections keeping that in mind.. so basically assume that music videos are always music videos, and in other words, use square thumbs.

I don't know how many hours you already put in supporting both concerts and clips Tongue
I'm using Fanart view in TV Shows, and i've found a little bug. When you select a tv show, select a season and go back to the tv shows overview again only the fanart is visible (the TV Show posters are gone).

And as mentioned before, is there any change you are bringing back the "disable view options menu" option again?
That Fanart view bug sounds very much like the one I described in my previous post. I've just tried the latest dev version of the theme and it seems my problem is fixed there now, so perhaps your problem will be fixed there too?
(2013-05-11, 00:45)generator Wrote: I'm using Fanart view in TV Shows, and i've found a little bug. When you select a tv show, select a season and go back to the tv shows overview again only the fanart is visible (the TV Show posters are gone).

And as mentioned before, is there any change you are bringing back the "disable view options menu" option again?
First of all, since this is my first post on these forums, thanks for creating such a customizable snappy skin! Smile

But, I've got a similar problem as the one mentioned above. I've changed my view to Fanart in tv-shows, and now I can't see the episodes anymore, at all. The menu to change the view doesn't pop up, so I am not able to change it back anymore.

This is only the case when I'm in Tvshows > Showname > Season > Episodes. Everything up to the Season-list shows up, but when i proceed to the episode list I get an empty screen where the fanart briefly shows and then dissapears into a standard background Sad No buttons, no menu,I can only go one level up, so I am not able to watch the shows.

I've already tried setting the entire skin back to its defaults and deleting the skin and reinstalling it, but no luck. I'm now looking into changing some .xmls, and found the guisettings.xml, but I didn't find any options to set the views.

Any tips?

(2013-05-11, 11:43)bigwillch Wrote: That Fanart view bug sounds very much like the one I described in my previous post. I've just tried the latest dev version of the theme and it seems my problem is fixed there now, so perhaps your problem will be fixed there too?

Right, just read your previous post and that's exactly it Smile Should I update to a dev version? If there's another way of changing the skin back to its defaults that would be fine by me Smile
You probably need to delete viewmodes.db from your XBMC userdata/database directory, it should reset views to default. But it will affect other skins too if you delete it.
(2013-05-11, 13:04)toiva Wrote: You probably need to delete viewmodes.db from your XBMC userdata/database directory, it should reset views to default. But it will affect other skins too if you delete it.
Thanks for the help! But still no luck, I have tried deleting the file two times: One time without stopping the XBMC service first and rebooting afterwards and a second time after stopping XBMC and starting it again after deletion. Something happens because Xbian crashes and reboots after deletion and the file gets recreated, but nothing seems to happen visually, and I still don't see my individial shows.

Also, the same bug is now present as was the first time I ran Amber: Random reboots of Xbian. Last time a reinstall of the skin fixed this, so I guess it's time to try that again. Does keep me busy Smile
(2013-05-11, 13:43)scatman_ii Wrote: Also, the same bug is now present as was the first time I ran Amber: Random reboots of Xbian. Last time a reinstall of the skin fixed this, so I guess it's time to try that again. Does keep me busy Smile

Post a debug log for that reboot problem. Fanart was fixed couple of days ago - it's in Git version, though.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko is it possible to get the BIG LIST view back i need the big font?

scatman_ii - yes I'd recommend using the dev version. It seems pretty stable.

Sorry be to posting another possible bug - I'm finding that 1080p content randomly only plays the audio when using this skin (both the stable branch and the dev branch) on my Raspberry Pi. It's the sort of bug I wouldn't expect to be related to the skin being used, but I've tried it using other skins (including Quartz Reloaded) and do not get this problem at all.

Because it's happening randomly (though it happens more often than it doesn't) I'm having trouble getting a debug log demonstrating it, but I'll keep trying.

Has anyone else experienced this?
@bigwillch

Probably a memory problem, and might very well be related to skin and view mode.
See to that you dedicate enough memory to the GPU in config.txt:
gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=256
Thanks miappa. I'm using raspbmc which should already be allocating the optimum amount of memory. That said I'm not overclocking so might see if that makes any difference.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10