Quartz

(2013-05-15, 20:53)pecinko Wrote: 0.2.2 is on Git

Visual improvements
Added PVR channel manager
Some bug fixes
Gallery for artists and albums
Artists slideshow should start on home screen as well
Button to turn artist slideshow off

Scrollbar mark in movies/tvshow/seasons gone, i.e. it's impossible to understand when scrollbar is focused. Mark is still visible in episodes.
Label "Use banners" under "Icons" in tvshows gone.
And i'm not not sure about new Setting layout. Window seems too big and too empty with totally unused right panel. Besides that Weather is in Addons. Is it suppose to be that way or it's just run away from System? On a positive side that annoying lag when opening Setting and window bg appears much later almost gone. Thank you.
The rest is still perfect. Smile
(2013-05-16, 10:00)relyter Wrote: Scrollbar mark in movies/tvshow/seasons gone, i.e. it's impossible to understand when scrollbar is focused. Mark is still visible in episodes.
Label "Use banners" under "Icons" in tvshows gone.
And i'm not not sure about new Setting layout. Window seems too big and too empty with totally unused right panel. Besides that Weather is in Addons. Is it suppose to be that way or it's just run away from System? On a positive side that annoying lag when opening Setting and window bg appears much later almost gone. Thank you.
The rest is still perfect. Smile

Fixed on Git, thanks for reporting.

As for the Weather placement it's in add-ons because... well.. it is and add-on Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is it possibe to change the background in the main to the same image for every menu item(and other places)?
I know it can be done via the settings but is there a way to do it for all at once?

Would really like to change to a single image in the entire skin.

Is it also possible to hide the submenu on the bottom? For example when you select music it it shows the artist, genre etc. directly below it. I would like to hide it.
(2013-05-16, 20:08)Eoghlear Wrote: Would really like to change to a single image in the entire skin.

As you say, this can be done just by setting all the backgrounds to the same image in settings. I can't imagine it would be a good use of the developers time to add this feature just to save the few minutes it would take to set them all manually. Just my 2 cents.
I can change the backgrounds for video's etc. however when using PlexBMC we can't change the backgrounds as they come off of the server...it would be nice to have either images of shows/movies appear automatically and cycle or at least the ability to override the default images pushed out from the Plex Server...as cute as Elan's dog is I don't really want it as the background image on my TV Shows's menu etc.
(2013-05-17, 04:49)smacrae Wrote: I can change the backgrounds for video's etc. however when using PlexBMC we can't change the backgrounds as they come off of the server...it would be nice to have either images of shows/movies appear automatically and cycle or at least the ability to override the default images pushed out from the Plex Server...as cute as Elan's dog is I don't really want it as the background image on my TV Shows's menu etc.

Deja Vu?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1416795
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-16, 23:19)bigwillch Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 20:08)Eoghlear Wrote: Would really like to change to a single image in the entire skin.

As you say, this can be done just by setting all the backgrounds to the same image in settings. I can't imagine it would be a good use of the developers time to add this feature just to save the few minutes it would take to set them all manually. Just my 2 cents.

Also alternative way for Eoghlear would be to multiple copy&rename of the choosen background to Backgrounds folder of the skin. Probably if after coping set "read only" for the content of the Backgrounds folder it won't be deleted in upgrade. However not sure 100% about this.
(2013-05-17, 09:16)relyter Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 23:19)bigwillch Wrote:

Also alternative way for Eoghlear would be to multiple copy&rename of the choosen background to Backgrounds folder of the skin. Probably if after coping set "read only" for the content of the Backgrounds folder it won't be deleted in upgrade. However not sure 100% about this.

This would be an option (if it works). Main reason for asking to set a single image for all backgrounds is so that is does not have to load it for every menu item.

Will try some things during the weekend.
(2013-05-17, 09:38)Eoghlear Wrote: This would be an option (if it works). Main reason for asking to set a single image for all backgrounds is so that is does not have to load it for every menu item.

I can see the reasoning but implementation is not so simple as it might seem.

It takes max 5 minutes to point all menu items to a picture or a picture folder. It would take me hours to make it single click in the skin and it would be useful only for adults - kids that can't read would have problems navigating the skin with labels only home menu.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Understood. Will do it manually.
What do you recommend as picture size/extension? 1920x1080p jpg? Or png? Or just as small (in size) as possible?

Keep up the good work with this skin!
(2013-05-17, 11:01)Eoghlear Wrote: Understood. Will do it manually.
What do you recommend as picture size/extension? 1920x1080p jpg? Or png? Or just as small (in size) as possible?

Keep up the good work with this skin!

1920x1080 if you have 1080p TV and reasonably powerful htpc, otherwise 1280x720 JPGs should be fine.

I have to means to test but RPi users could have better results with putting a background image/s in a folder and than setting that folder as multi image source in skin settings (even if there is only 1 background picture in it) in order to avoid resizing.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-14, 19:12)sialivi Wrote: [Request]
When browsing Music Videos, the artist names aren't shown anywhere unless you browse by Artist. I would suggest changing the text representations in most views from "<title>" to "<artist> - <title>".

Can you supply dummy files for me to test this in skin?

I need correct folder structure with some fake AVI files (plain txt file with extension renamed to AVI so it gets recognised as video file) that are properly named. I would unzip this somewhere and scrape metadata. I tried doing it myself but scraper found 0 music videos and I just don't have time to investigate why.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-05-17, 04:49)smacrae Wrote: I can change the backgrounds for video's etc. however when using PlexBMC we can't change the backgrounds as they come off of the server...

Added on Git.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Last update on Git just removed the backgrounds on home screen.

Only black backgrounds.

Tested on a RPi and Mac.

EDIT: Backgrounds show up again only after enabling "Background Music Visualization/Video Player on Home Screen" on skin settings.
Is this the default behaviour?

Cheers
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10