• 21(current)
Archive - old posts
I had a moment and I've added an option to turn mediainfo on for fanart view. That way we can keep gallery nice and tidy while allowing for optional bigger plots. Give it a shot I like it a lot Smile

Amber 0.3.6 zip archive - https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/ar...master.zip

As for temperature label - I'm sorry but this is not that kind of a skin.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Thank you!!! Looks great and fits perfectly!

I hope you'll find time to add the aditional info, too :-)

Never mind about the temp info, but thanks anyway for considering it!

Hmm, now the problem is, the info still scrolls all the time and forces the cpu to go mad... Which of course results in high temperatures, if I forget to switch back to another window...

I think a good solution would be to set the scrolling to one time only per focus shift. If someone wants to read it again, he'll only have to go back and forth.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
You can turn off scrolling in settings.
If you want to be able to read everything, show info panel (i key or info button).
You can also set XBMC to show info instead of playing video directly, playbutton is available on info panel.

Edit: Very nice touch on the new fanart view by the way, I like it a lot. Smile
Doh... You're right, of course... THANKS!

The problem is my harmony/samsung info button shows the TV info and not the Raspberry info. I set it to fastforward, for now.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
just wanted to share my appreciation for your hard work pecinko this is a great theme. i had a few friends that came over one day and saw it on my tv so 2 of them switched from plex to XBMC just cause they loved the theme so much.
Hello pecinko!

I just created my first forum account, just to tell you how wonderful your Amber skin really is!
Your work on this lightweight, still beautiful skin, is just perfect!

Apart from that I would like to add a couple of thoughts to this fine project!
I think some things should get some minor rework so the whole skin fits in your current art / style of Amber.

The breadcrumbs
I think they are perfect, but could get some minor reworks.
The breadcrump-info for movies, tv shows, etc... should be in the left top corner.
This makes the view a bit less cluttered and clearer.

Reformat time/date: Mon, 1 January 2013 ● 22:00
Reformat Movies: Movies: 200 ● Watched: 150 ● Unwatched: 50
Reformat TV Shows: TV Shows: 20 ● Episodes: 1200 ● Unwatched: 220

I would also like to see these formats used in the Movies / TV Shows menu. (Now only current time is shown)

The watched icon
In some views like icon view, we can't see the watched icon. It would be nice if you could put the icon on the movie's poster.
Don't know if this is possible, but it would make the other views than list-view a lot better!
(The unwatched icon should be an empty circle instead of a full circle)

The IMDB rating
Is it possible to put after each numbered IMDB rating the number of votes? Like this: 7.5 (10.000)

The Backgrounds
This is probably not really my decision but i'll still make the comment.
The default backgrounds don't really make sense. Videos should be a camera or movieroll, The batman background from Movies is bad quality, the Quit background should be a shutdown/power button. All others are pretty good!

I repeat, this skin is really the best welterweight skin for XBMC! I just wanted to add my thoughts and possibly make it even better for all of us.
(2013-06-22, 12:35)abcabc Wrote: The watched icon
In some views like icon view, we can't see the watched icon. It would be nice if you could put the icon on the movie's poster.
Don't know if this is possible, but it would make the other views than list-view a lot better!

+1 for this (would like it in the fanart view for example)
Actually there's few nice points by abcabc.
+1 for watched/unwatched icon in more views, however it would probably require some overlay on the poster (like in icon episode view). Not sure if it's worth it.
Bredcrumbs are in lower right corner on Home and top left in library views, uniformity cries loud about this Smile. The same is about divider dot.

Quote:Reformat Movies: Movies: 200 ● Watched: 150 ● Unwatched: 50
33% of the info is excessive in this format. Smile

Quote:The Backgrounds
Acually it's pain in the ass to find nice, free and high quality backdrops. Pecinko did a quite good job here.
Just a thought regarding big list view, new fanart view mixed with low list would be perfect I think.
Fanart in window as new fanart view with poster and info below, big list to the right.
What do you think pecinko (got the nick right this time Wink )?
Quote:
Quote:The Backgrounds
Acually it's pain in the ass to find nice, free and high quality backdrops. Pecinko did a quite good job here.

Here are some suggestions:
watch gallery
I (my wife) have some album titles and movies titles that are in Japanese. On amber i just get the dreaded square boxes.

How can I had UTF type fonts to Amber that will understand and display the japanese characters properly ?
I'm using Amber, but i've replaced a couple of the background images with pictures I've got from other skins.

You can find some of the ones I've used here : Skydrive

(Hopefully there's no issue with using these as they are from other skins on this site - if any doesn't want me to post these, please PM me and i'll remove the files)
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
(2013-06-22, 12:35)abcabc Wrote: Hello pecinko!

I just created my first forum account, just to tell you how wonderful your Amber skin really is!

I think some things should get some minor rework so the whole skin fits in your current art / style of Amber.

The breadcrumbs
I think they are perfect, but could get some minor reworks.
The breadcrump-info for movies, tv shows, etc... should be in the left top corner.
This makes the view a bit less cluttered and clearer.

Reformat time/date: Mon, 1 January 2013 ● 22:00
Reformat Movies: Movies: 200 ● Watched: 150 ● Unwatched: 50
Reformat TV Shows: TV Shows: 20 ● Episodes: 1200 ● Unwatched: 220

I would also like to see these formats used in the Movies / TV Shows menu. (Now only current time is shown)

The watched icon

The IMDB rating
Is it possible to put after each numbered IMDB rating the number of votes? Like this: 7.5 (10.000)

The Backgrounds
This is probably not really my decision but i'll still make the comment.
The default backgrounds don't really make sense. Videos should be a camera or movieroll, The batman background from Movies is bad quality, the Quit background should be a shutdown/power button. All others are pretty good!

I repeat, this skin is really the best welterweight skin for XBMC! I just wanted to add my thoughts and possibly make it even better for all of us.

Add to the list: Episode screenshots in SHELF instead of the tv show's poster for newly added episodes.
(2013-06-22, 12:35)abcabc Wrote: just created my first forum account, just to tell you how wonderful your Amber skin really is!

Thanks.

I'll take a look at breadcrumbs here are some quick comments - library statistics are a bit out of the eye if placed in top left corner. I don't need them myself so I'm OK with either, don't know about the others. They won't be shown with background video or music as now playing labels are placed there.

Watched icons looks stay as they are now, they are customizable through settings. Watched overlays probably won't be added as you can filter watched/unwatched from the side menu and I would need to use overlay stripe (similar to episodes) in order for them to be visible on every colour variation of movie cover. Finally I would need to add extra setting where you can turn them off.

IMDB rating - I can add votes to MovieInfo screen

I will revisit backgrounds but you can always use your own.

(2013-06-24, 14:15)dalben Wrote: I (my wife) have some album titles and movies titles that are in Japanese. On amber i just get the dreaded square boxes.

How can I had UTF type fonts to Amber that will understand and display the japanese characters properly ?

Is there a freely available font with support for japanese that I could add to Amber?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I just noticed, that the "zusammenstellung" (Sets) info on the movie bar scrolls again. But I'm still on 3.6? At the moment I'm on a new nightly, could that be the reason?

Edit: Now it stopped... Weird... But the CPU stays at 1000Mhz while on the movie field!!!!!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10