• 28(current)
Archive - old posts
Missed few last updates and found 0.4.0 on my RPi yesterday. But what happened to favorites on the shelf?
Hello,

I'm a Raspberry pi owner, and I want to thank you very much, because this theme is exactly what I wanted : fast and simple !

I have to find some optimizations to make XBMC even faster, because I find it still a bit laggy. Maybe is because the hardware of the rPI...

But again : thank you !
(2013-07-22, 15:53)bry- Wrote: pecinko - I would like to say thank you for how responsive you are to the community and how active you are in developing this great skin.

(2013-07-23, 09:36)jibais Wrote: I'm a Raspberry pi owner, and I want to thank you very much, because this theme is exactly what I wanted : fast and simple !

But again : thank you !

Thanks for feedback, it's appreciated.

(2013-07-23, 09:15)relyter Wrote: Missed few last updates and found 0.4.0 on my RPi yesterday. But what happened to favorites on the shelf?

Horizontal or vertical home layout?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-23, 10:29)pecinko Wrote: [
(2013-07-23, 09:15)relyter Wrote: Missed few last updates and found 0.4.0 on my RPi yesterday. But what happened to favorites on the shelf?

Horizontal or vertical home layout?

Horizontal. In shelf settings only addons and recent are availible.
I'd first like to say that this a great skin! I've been through some by now on my RPi, and this one has just the right speed/functionality combination. Great, truly great work!

My question is this. I wanted to change the default orange color to something else. So, I downloaded the .zip from github, defined a new color in colors/Default.xml and then replaced 'Orange' with the name of my new color in all of the .xml files in the 1080i directory. I saved all of the changes within the .zip file.

What should I proceed now? Should I simply install this new zip? If so, will it override my current settings?

Should I instead pull all of the relevant .xml files from /.xbmc/addons/..etc/skin folder, and perform the above mentioned changes on them, save and push back?

Thank you for your help!
(2013-07-23, 12:04)CruxH Wrote: I'd first like to say that this a great skin! I've been through some by now on my RPi, and this one has just the right speed/functionality combination. Great, truly great work!

My question is this. I wanted to change the default orange color to something else. So, I downloaded the .zip from github, defined a new color in colors/Default.xml and then replaced 'Orange' with the name of my new color in all of the .xml files in the 1080i directory. I saved all of the changes within the .zip file.

What should I proceed now? Should I simply install this new zip? If so, will it override my current settings?

Should I instead pull all of the relevant .xml files from /.xbmc/addons/..etc/skin folder, and perform the above mentioned changes on them, save and push back?

Thank you for your help!

Easier way might be to change color code in Colors/Defaults.xml - leave Orange and Orange tags in place just change the color code

e.g.

PHP Code:
<color name="Orange">FF2261B4</color>
    <
color name="Orange2">FF2261B4</color

will give you blue colour. Restart XBMC afterwards. Note that future skin updates will overwrite your changes and you will need to re-apply them again.

(2013-07-23, 10:49)relyter Wrote: Horizontal. In shelf settings only addons and recent are availible.

That's intentional. Don't you have a button on your remote mapped to favourites?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-23, 13:52)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 12:04)CruxH Wrote: I'd first like to say that this a great skin! I've been through some by now on my RPi, and this one has just the right speed/functionality combination. Great, truly great work!

Thank you for your help!

Easier way might be to change color code in Colors/Defaults.xml - leave Orange and Orange tags in place just change the color code

e.g.

PHP Code:
<color name="Orange">FF2261B4</color>
    <
color name="Orange2">FF2261B4</color

will give you blue colour. Restart XBMC afterwards. Note that future skin updates will overwrite your changes and you will need to re-apply them again.

Well, you've certainly lit up that bulb above my head Smile I was over-complicating such an easy task!

Thank you!
(2013-07-22, 21:13)popcornmix Wrote: So, animated gif is a performance improvement. Reducing the framerate further would help more.
Not sure why Confluence (with animation disabled) is quicker for this test.

OK, I've just pushed more optimizations for busy dialog. I can't test on RPi as I don't have one and everything is lightning fast on my Mac Mini. By looking at CPU usage, though, things should be quicker.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-22, 18:31)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 18:11)charliebrown Wrote: It whould be nice to have a visual buffer in progress bar, just to make sure a couple of seconds in that one found a good source.

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence.

Buffer label at the bottom and white buffer progress bar fills up (behind orange one) when device is buffering and buffer level is more than 0%

Maybe im reading the progressbar wrong then? On f.e Confuens it shows you how much it has buffered by having a grey bar infront of the orange dot that indicates how much infront it has buffered.
This offcourse dosnt matter when playing local files, but when streaming from sources from the net, its nice to have, just to know you found a good streaming source. i havent seen any white buffer progress bar in Amber ( i think we are talking about the exact same thing, or im missunderstanding. )
Hello,

In order to make it faster, is there a way to disable FanArt in Amber skin please ? My Raspberry PI's CPU would be grateful Smile
(2013-07-23, 18:25)jibais Wrote: Hello,

In order to make it faster, is there a way to disable FanArt in Amber skin please ? My Raspberry PI's CPU would be grateful Smile

You can use the views without fanart, I suppose? Most of them would make little sense without it - Fanart view for example Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-23, 17:12)pecinko Wrote: OK, I've just pushed more optimizations for busy dialog. I can't test on RPi as I don't have one and everything is lightning fast on my Mac Mini. By looking at CPU usage, though, things should be quicker.

It improves things to about this
Quote:With updated skin and 2fps gif animation: 7.6s

Still not as quick as confluence. Could it be that confluence is using 720p and Amber 1080i? (assuming that is what the directory name of the xml files means).
(2013-07-23, 18:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 17:12)pecinko Wrote: OK, I've just pushed more optimizations for busy dialog. I can't test on RPi as I don't have one and everything is lightning fast on my Mac Mini. By looking at CPU usage, though, things should be quicker.

It improves things to about this
Quote:With updated skin and 2fps gif animation: 7.6s

Still not as quick as confluence. Could it be that confluence is using 720p and Amber 1080i? (assuming that is what the directory name of the xml files means).

Anything is possible but the other things are not negatively affected by the fact Amber is 1080i. If you are willing to play, you can try converting skin to 720 (there's windows tool for that and you may have other means to do it) and test. If there would be measurable difference I can convert the skin. This will probably brake layout to some extent but it will do for testing purposes. Again, I don't have ANY non-beefy HW around to test myself.

I have yet to take a look at Confluence code to see what's making that difference but it is nice to hear rope bar performs as good as 2fps spinner! Many thanks for helping out.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-23, 18:56)popcornmix Wrote: Still not as quick as confluence. Could it be that confluence is using 720p and Amber 1080i? (assuming that is what the directory name of the xml files means).

There's a progressbar with id=10 in dialog busy. Best way would be to use it's label for progress feedback and avoid images. However I don't know when and if it is used - control.getlabel(10) appears empty (should return progress percentage).
I cannot relate my experience with Amber versus Confluence to the discussion above. I am using XBian beta 1.1 on RPi and Amber is absolutely faster. Responds much quicker (in many cases Confluence had waiting time when navigating through menus etc, Amber has none).

I do have to say I use 720p resolution for XBMC UI. 1080p is in my opinion overrated (for UI, not for actual videos ofcourse). It looks very good.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10