• 34(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-08-08, 14:35)pecinko Wrote: Ver 0.4.6

- Adds support for skin.widgets script - thanks to Toiva (You need to manually install script.widgets from the main repo. This may come with performance penalties, depending on your setup and script settings)
- Add quit menu customisation
- Arial font support (not really recommended unless you are using language not supported by default font - it will make Amber look like ass
- Fix fanart info view
- Add missing brackets - thanks Sjengfred
- Remove CPU usage from SysInfo

Update from Git repository or wait until new version is available in skin dev repository (strongly recommended for ATV, RPi... )

You just need to add this line to the requires tags in the addon.xml file:
Code:
<import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.25" />
and it will install skin widgets if the person dont have it already. Wink

(2013-08-08, 19:58)bigwillch Wrote: Really liking the new features. Has favourites been intentionally removed from the shelf though?

Edit:

also - personally I'd really really like it if the random functionality could be considered as an option for the shelf. Kind of linked to previous comments about how it takes a while to load up a long list of films on the rpi - my preferred method of quickly browsing films is using a random playlist. If this could be added to the shelf that would be perfect for me.

The easy way to have random movies from the menu is like i've done probably:
1 - Create a smart playlist with random unwatched movies, dont make it more that 10 items or it will be a bit slow on the rpi,
2 - Mark the smart playlist has a Favorite.
3 - If you want fast access like i did, make that favourite playlist a menu. (Settings -> Main Menu -> Add the Favorite Playlist)
I need a little help.

I downloaded the newest version from git and copied everything to home/pi/.xbmc/addons and set rights to 755. Unfortunately after rebooting the installed version is still 4.5.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: My mistake. I always forget that the content of interest is in the second folder. By the way, why is that so? Why are there always two identically named folders/subfoldersHuh

P.S. I LOVE the new Quit menu options! Great work, pecinko!!!
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
(2013-08-09, 08:42)micoba Wrote: Edit: My mistake. I always forget that the content of interest is in the second folder. By the way, why is that so? Why are there always two identically named folders/subfoldersHuh

Not sure I follow 2 folder riddle? You get 2 identical folders "skin.amber" when you unzip git version of Amber?

(2013-08-08, 22:40)kzeleny Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 22:29)pecinko Wrote: Post a debug log, please.

Here it is.

Debug Log

Looks fine to me at first glance. Toiva any ideas?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Nope.

@kzeleny, you do have this kind of content and items in your library, right?

Quote:Recommended:
Movie (unfinished)
Episode (first unplayed per tvshow)
MusicVideo (most played)
Album (most played)

Also watchdog and 1channel addon are doing something in the background. Note that only local media is supported in service.skin.widgets, meaning that if you scan online content to your library it will not be marked as recommended.
(2013-08-09, 06:05)calhaus Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 19:58)bigwillch Wrote: Really liking the new features. Has favourites been intentionally removed from the shelf though?

Edit:

also - personally I'd really really like it if the random functionality could be considered as an option for the shelf. Kind of linked to previous comments about how it takes a while to load up a long list of films on the rpi - my preferred method of quickly browsing films is using a random playlist. If this could be added to the shelf that would be perfect for me.

The easy way to have random movies from the menu is like i've done probably:
1 - Create a smart playlist with random unwatched movies, dont make it more that 10 items or it will be a bit slow on the rpi,
2 - Mark the smart playlist has a Favorite.
3 - If you want fast access like i did, make that favourite playlist a menu. (Settings -> Main Menu -> Add the Favorite Playlist)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, this method is what I currently do, except I was using the shelf favourites functionality to link to the playlist (which is why I'm hoping this missing functionality in the latest version is just a temporary issue). One thing I've found with this approach is that the playlist often gets cached by xbmc when accessed either by the shelf or by a menu item, so doesn't always randomise. Having random films directly in the shelf would be a much better solution in my opinion.
I have never seen favourites in the fullscreen shelf. They do show up in the vertical shelf right now.

Edit: looking at Github i see that favourites did infact optionally show in the shelf.
Would shelf favourites be easy to reimplement? (and while I'm being a pita, would pulling through the favourites' thumbnails be possible as mentioned here?: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1417760)
(2013-07-24, 02:46)Turambar Wrote: The Raspberry has problems rendering the GUI at 1080p, so xbmc forces it to render at 720p (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Raspberry_Pi/FAQ#Output).

Guys,

if you're using Amber on RPi & 1080p TV do yourself a favour an turn off 720 limitation. I can't see any issues or speed penalties on Rpi 512 board and your eyes&family will thank you. Trust me.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko just changed limit on my pi and it looks great, appreciate the advice and would recommend others to do the same

On another note is there anyway the video resolution could show up when you bring up the in video display? I miss not being able to check if the file I'm saying is 720, 1080i or1080p
Since a week I am making use of the very nice skin amber version 0.45. I have a question about the main menu, there are items clips and concerts.
How can I make use of those items? They don't appear in my interface.
I wish I could change my vote. Swapped to vertical menu and now I don't know why I ever thought horizontal would be better.

The only thing missing for me is the ability to rearrange menu items or insert more than one new one before the default items. I understand that's nothing you will ever do. I need to wait until its lockdown before I start editing files by hand.
Any idea when the update will be pushed? I Dont know how to update it from Github. I tried looking to see where I would put the files but can't find the Amber folder.
(2013-08-10, 00:24)hstegeman Wrote: Since a week I am making use of the very nice skin amber version 0.45. I have a question about the main menu, there are items clips and concerts.
How can I make use of those items? They don't appear in my interface.

You need to have music video content in your library.

If you have concert type music videos that exist in TMDB, use Concertdb scraper (search the forum) to scrape those into your library, then enable concerts in Amber settings

If you have regular music videos scraped from Audiodb by Audiodb music video scraper, enable clips in the Amber settings.

- Code clean-up and speed optimisations
- Support for random movies (enable it in skin widgets or DISABLE if you don't use it)
- more flags in video info
- option for default background on home
- removed: fullscreen shelf

I will request skin update in skin dev repo during weekend. It will _probably_ be available in the beginning of next week. In the meantime it is available on GitHub.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for the update Pecinko.

Quick question : on home screen, i see that it's not possible to call shelf by pressing the up key anymore : is it intended ?
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10