• 35(current)
Archive - old posts
Really pleased you've decided to put the random functionality in even though you were against it - thank you! I don't seem to be able to see it though. I've enabled random in the addon options, but it doesn't show as an option in the skin settings. Additionally recommended movies always displays even if its disabled in the skin settings

I'd second Sabish's query about the ability to call the shelf by pressing up. Personally not keen on having the background obscured at all times. (I also personally miss the full screen shelf, which I thought was a great feature, so am sad to see that go - I don't know how others feel about this though?)

Again, thank you for taking feedback. Hope you don't find it too demanding. At the end of the day its your skin so you must do what you prefer.
Fullscreen removal is intentional for the sake of reducing code.

Random items appear along with others in case of horizontal layout and with recommended on second row in case of vertical. No skin settings use skin widgets to enable/disable.

On my pc random items appeared after library update although timer update was selected in widgets.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pencinko a bug was introduced in 0.47,

If you don't choose "Recently Added" has yes, the skin widgets items won't show up in main menu now. Can you fix it? So Recently and Recommended can be independent again?
(I can confirm this is still working on 0.46)

Also a minor bug in Settings -> Home Layout, you have the word "Statatistic" showing instead of statistics i think.
The error is in the line 108 of string.xml if it help fixing faster. Smile
" <string id="31978">Show library statatistic on Home (watched,unwatched..)</string> "

P.S. Thanks for fixing the scrollbar icon. Big Grin
Hi Pencinko, I really like how the favorites is displayed in the vertical-menu (i.e. like a slide-out menu) - how would I customize my own menu like that? e.g. I want to have a menu heading called "TV Channels" and the right-hand side slide-out menu would have "News Channels" , "Kids Channels" etc
Pecinko, there's XBIAN button visible in every submenu in current Github code.

Edit: i see you fixed it already.
I would also like to see the SHELF return as an option!

But, nice work again pecinko!
I am having problems installing the last version from github.
https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber
After installing the downloaded zip the version is still 0.45, what am I doing wrong?
Can I uninstall amber 0.45 without losing my settings? And install the last version.
For safety reasons I did just make a backup.
Stay on .4.5 for now, code is in flux ATM. I'll make a post when things settle.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,
First of all, thanks for the great work. This skin made PleXBMC my main client again. Elegant in many ways. I have one little problem. The "On Deck" item in Movies/Tv Shows on the home screen does not work. When I press it nothing happens. If I go to Movies directly and then choose On Deck section, it works. I tried to search this thread and also googled it but did not find anyone with a similar problem. I tried to read the skin files (Includes_HomeWindow.xml and Includes_Horizontal_Home.xml) for deck releated entries. I did not understand much (skinning illiterate) but the home screen entry seems to load some 'ondeck' section. Is this feature not implemented yet or is there a problem in my case? If it is the latter one, how may I be of further service?
(2013-08-11, 20:04)pecinko Wrote: Stay on .4.5 for now, code is in flux ATM. I'll make a post when things settle.

Will it be posssible to get the new version with XBMC.org Skin Development Repository?
I did ask a question on that thread, but I didn't get response.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1481128
You won't get answer there. I have to ask for update but before that I want to solve a few things regarding shelf.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-09, 13:04)bigwillch Wrote: Would shelf favourites be easy to reimplement? (and while I'm being a pita, would pulling through the favourites' thumbnails be possible as mentioned here?: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1417760)

There seems to be some kind of problem in XBMC related to thumbnails. Try assigning thumb for an item from favourites screen using context menu.

(2013-08-11, 07:17)MK1984 Wrote: Hi Pencinko, I really like how the favorites is displayed in the vertical-menu (i.e. like a slide-out menu) - how would I customize my own menu like that? e.g. I want to have a menu heading called "TV Channels" and the right-hand side slide-out menu would have "News Channels" , "Kids Channels" etc

Shelf display first 10 favourites, thus enter favourites screen and use context menu to move UP items of more interest to you.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi Peciko, this is a great skin, I'm using it on my rpi and it works very fluid.

Is there any chance to upload your project on Transifex to get the chance to translate your custom strings? I would like to help with the spanish translation, like i usually do with other skins.

Thank you.
Pecinko I asked already but not sure if you saw it - do you think it would be possible to add a bit more info on the OSD when the video player display is launched during playback?
Quality and Name would be perfect for my needs
is it possible to add program add-ons to the add-on shelf. i can only add video addons
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10