• 37(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-08-13, 20:16)pecinko Wrote: Version 0.5.0 is on GitHub

- new keyboards
- shelf overhaul
- fix addon shelf
- moved horizontal shelf and re-worked it's background

Looking good as usual Pecinko Wink

I know i've asked before, but is there any chance at all that the toggle for shelf will make a comeback at any point ? Angel

Oh yeah, and another (small) request ... would it be possible to have fanart displayed in big panel view ? (that's what i use for artists) ... at least as a choice ?

Anyway, thanks for your work and frequent updates ..this skin is awesome !
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
(2013-08-14, 10:24)Sabish Wrote: I know i've asked before, but is there any chance at all that the toggle for shelf will make a comeback at any point ? Angel

Oh yeah, and another (small) request ... would it be possible to have fanart displayed in big panel view ? (that's what i use for artists) ... at least as a choice ?

I'm reading all suggestions I just don't respond when I don't have anything to say about it (yet). I'm giving it a lot of thought before implementing/removing anything as I tend to make it simple in order for skin to be efficient. Currently, I have a problem with fullscreen shelf as it is additional code and, more important, I'm not really happy with it's look when several rows are enabled. With widgets it could be up to 10.

I probably could add fanart to big panel, as a "box" on a left side, not fullscreen. Makes sense?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-14, 10:30)pecinko Wrote: I'm reading all suggestions I just don't respond when I don't have anything to say about it (yet). I'm giving it a lot of thought before implementing/removing anything as I tend to make it simple in order for skin to be efficient. Currently, I have a problem with fullscreen shelf as it is additional code and, more important, I'm not really happy with it's look when several rows are enabled. With widgets it could be up to 10.

Wow that was fast Wink

I totally get your process, and 100% agree with it. Regarding the shelf, maybe you misunderstood me : i love the way it looks in latest update design wise (way more than the previous big fullscreen shelf). My question was regarding the "all or nothing" approach : i would just like to know if you have considered implementing a toggle (like pressing "up") to display the recently added items (or whatever you choose in skin widget options) ...basically the way it was before. I don't know if i make myself clear, i'm a bit tired today, sorry Smile

(2013-08-14, 10:30)pecinko Wrote: I probably could add fanart to big panel, as a "box" on a left side, not fullscreen. Makes sense?

Makes total sense, that's exactly what i had in mind. Thanks for considering it, i think it's an easy fix and a nice addition.
(2013-08-14, 10:43)Sabish Wrote: I don't know if i make myself clear, i'm a bit tired today, sorry Smile

RA list that shows on focus?

Quote:Makes total sense, that's exactly what i had in mind. Thanks for considering it, i think it's an easy fix and a nice addition.

Easy fix - not sure, nice addition it would be.

Go for a patch. Toiva made widgets support and this seems much easier to code Smile What say ya?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-14, 10:58)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 10:43)Sabish Wrote: I don't know if i make myself clear, i'm a bit tired today, sorry Smile

RA list that shows on focus?

Sorry, i don't understand what you mean

Quote:Easy fix - not sure, nice addition it would be.

Go for a patch. Toiva made widgets support and this seems much easier to code Smile What say ya?

I'm all for it Smile ... just tell me me what i need to do !
@Sabish

What I meant is that horizontal shelf stays as is but is hidden from the view until you focus it - similar to left side menu. Is that what you wanted? Basically when you press DOWN from the submenu in horizontal view - shelf appears.

As for coding - and Toiva would know better - you fork Amber repo, do work, test and commit to your forked repo afterwards. I should be able to marge it then. I believe Toiva would give you more detailed advice on this.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-14, 12:37)pecinko Wrote: @Sabish

What I meant is that horizontal shelf stays as is but is hidden from the view until you focus it - similar to left side menu. Is that what you wanted? Basically when you press DOWN from the submenu in horizontal view - shelf appears.

Hey pecinko, this would be a nice fix for the deleted shelf!
So when I focus movies on home, there would be the SHELF icon on top and when I press UP it would show the recently added movies?

Nice thought to replace the old SHELF, everybody happy! Big Grin

EDIT:
I just used the new version of Amber and I found a bug.
Recently added movies/ep. are now placed under the menu (horizontal).
When I focus on a new episode it shows the name in buttom right corner, on top of breadcrumbs!
So now would be a good time to move the total movie/shows/ep. breadcrumbs to the top left corner?

New suggestion:
Make a setting for:
Shelf on top of menu / Shelf under the menu
When you chose on top: the SHELF icon is on the menu and when pressed UP we see the recently added on top of the menu.
(2013-08-14, 12:59)abcabc Wrote: When I focus on a new episode it shows the name in buttom right corner, on top of breadcrumbs!

Oh my god!!! I'm sorry... will fix it soon! Smile

Quote:So now would be a good time to move the total movie/shows/ep. breadcrumbs to the top left corner?

Those are not breadcrumbs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrumb_(navigation) and moving them to a top left would complicate things because of info that is displayed there.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-14, 13:29)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-14, 12:59)abcabc Wrote: When I focus on a new episode it shows the name in buttom right corner, on top of breadcrumbs!

Oh my god!!! I'm sorry... will fix it soon! Smile

Quote:So now would be a good time to move the total movie/shows/ep. breadcrumbs to the top left corner?

Those are not breadcrumbs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrumb_(navigation) and moving them to a top left would complicate things because of info that is displayed there.

In horizontal view, the info for total movie/show/ep. could be placed in top left corner, there is no info there right?
This would also fix the bug where the name of the recent movie/ep. would be on top (buttom left corner)
Request View option Big List:

Sometimes is happens that dialogs contain very long directoryitems.

Name file + name host + SD or HD.
The part name host + SD or HD is not visible in a normal list, in a big list it is.

Would it be possible to have the option Big List with a smaller tumbnail on the left side?
(2013-08-14, 12:59)abcabc Wrote: So now would be a good time to move the total movie/shows/ep. breadcrumbs to the top left corner?

On a second thought I might do just that. Thanks!

(2013-08-14, 16:42)hstegeman Wrote: Request View option Big List:

Sometimes is happens that dialogs contain very long directoryitems.

Name file + name host + SD or HD.
The part name host + SD or HD is not visible in a normal list, in a big list it is.

Would it be possible to have the option Big List with a smaller tumbnail on the left side?

Post a screenshot, please.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Post a screenshot, please.
[/quote]

Here is a link to a amber screenshot with List.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sjrsqz

A link with a confluence screenshot with Big List.
I think the thumbnails are too small.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m6k17w
Registered first and foremost to say this is an awesome theme Big Grin, Using it on my Raspberry pi

My favorite view option is fanart but most of the time the majority of it is blocked out, Is it possible / would you consider implementing the following.

I done a quick Photoshop to show what I mean.

Here is how it currently looks:

Example 1: Either, Removing it completely

Example 2: Or lighting it so more of the fanart is visible?

@Craig

Press down?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-14, 23:56)pecinko Wrote: @Craig

Press down?

When you say press down are you referring to having the "push down for gallery" option enabled?

If so its better but it would still be nice to have a line of just the posters with the fanart at the back so it is less obscured.

Is there even a way of manual editing the skin's files to achieve this?

Thanks
Craig

PS. If none of this is possible could you even add a default option to have the info displayed without having to "push down"
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10