• 39(current)
Archive - old posts
I do like the skin Amber very much but I have some questions:

In the skin widgets there are 3 options: recently added, random and recommended.

Default values:
Movies: recently added + random items

TV shows: recently added + recommended episodes

Music: recently added + recommended albums

After some fiddleling my conclusion is:
- I don't see recommended movies, random episodes, random music

I would expect if I am toggle off recently added, that I won't see recently added anymore.
- then I would like to see random and recommended.

Recently added off:
Movies: random items (where are recommended movies?)
TV shows: recommended episodes (where are random episodes?)
Music: recommended albums (where are random albums?)

I can do do this also for random off, recommended off.

I would think that if there are 3 options: when I am disable one, I will get the other two.

I am asking this question because I think this skin widget could become very usefull for users.
Till now I (user) can only toggle on or off what I want to use or not. But it would be nice
if we users could tell the widget what to do.

By example the option recommended is in my opinion the most interesting. Random is also very interesting.
For recently I can make use of the menu, it is allready there. So there are options that I like the most.

It would be nice that we (user) could influence the number of items.
By example:
- I would like to see more items, 2 rows. (vertical interface).
- I would like to exclude some movies or tv shows.

See my question: first unwatched episode list
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171338

This widget would be the answer if the number of items could be higher, and
if I could tell it where to look.
Did you see this?
Quote:- When you change setting in skin widgets - restart XBMC (should be fixed in next script update)
I also had the issue of the toggle not working. . but rebooting twice did it for me.
Also can someone let me know how recommended works?
would next aired intergration be possible?
(2013-08-17, 14:28)stuCONNERS Wrote: would next aired intergration be possible?

I see 2 problems Smile 1) I don't use it (sickbeard) 2) I would like to finish skin first. As always if somebody would code it up I will add it to a skin. Same goes for global search script for example.

If you or anyone else decide to do it - please discuss layout and UI issues with me first so we can avoid possible confusion later.

Toiva did widgets support in Amber and is still tweaking skin code, thus skin can progress faster and details can get more attention. So, big thanks to him and big welcome to anyone willing to join.

Supported SHELF items at the moment:

Recently added: Movies, Episodes, Albums, Music Videos
Recommended: Movies, Episodes, Albums, Music videos
Random: Movies

Again, XBMC restart is needed until Martijn finds some time to update widgets script.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-17, 01:16)hstegeman Wrote: This widget would be the answer if the number of items could be higher, and
if I could tell it where to look.

n become huge.

I'm not sure about widgets script limitations maybe number of items could be increased further. Performance wise it should probably stay the same if the number of items fetched by the script is hardcoded.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thank you for this amazing skin I have been using it for some time now on my Pivos box and I love it!Love
Just one little niggle that has cropped up the last couple of days and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it (probably something I pressed after too many beers Blush)
How do I change the player controls back to horizontally at the bottom of the picture? They seem to have moved vertically to the right?

(2013-08-17, 10:15)Atinkler
[hr' Wrote:
[quote='Atinkler' pid='1486156' dateline='1376727318']
I also had the issue of the toggle not working. . but rebooting twice did it for me.
Actually it didn't work

Should I be able to remove recommended and random from the vertical shelf and just keep recently added?
Because I can't seem to do it Huh

(2013-08-17, 10:15)Atinkler Wrote: I also had the issue of the toggle not working. . but rebooting twice did it for me.

Actually it didn't work

Should I be able to remove recommended and random from the vertical shelf and just keep recently added?
Because I can't seem to do it Huh
So it looks like the reboot didn't do what I expected. So to check can it be set up to only show recently added and not recommended or random? Even after deselecting those in settings the recommended always appears with recently added.
(2013-08-16, 22:48)Atinkler Wrote: I've removed recommended and random options, rebooted but recommended TV and movies still showing up. Will they go after next scan?

Will there be an option in the future to have recommended movies only?

Cannot reproduce.

To keep things simple there probably will not be separate switches to enable recommended only for certain media types.

(2013-08-17, 01:16)hstegeman Wrote: After some fiddleling my conclusion is:
- I don't see recommended movies, random episodes, random music

Random episodes or albums are not implemented. Start playing a movie, stop it in the middle, it will appear as recommended
Really? Ok I'll keep trying and also check my other pi later to see if its just this one.
(2013-08-18, 08:47)Atinkler Wrote: Really? Ok I'll keep trying and also check my other pi later to see if its just this one.

Horizontal or vertical home?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Vertical
(2013-08-18, 08:47)Atinkler Wrote: Really? Ok I'll keep trying and also check my other pi later to see if its just this one.

Can you try it on your PC instead?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko

On my test XBMC installation by some miracle i set list view which looks like on screenshot. I really like that view, but i cannot reproduce it anywhere else. All i got is a "normal" list with plot in the middle. It's 0.52 on 13a5. Any advice?

• 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10