• 43(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-08-21, 13:58)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-21, 13:49)danmedhurst Wrote: I use the horizontal view with the Recently Added Items underneath.. but my TV shows barely have any posters showing.. A couple of them do, but most of them show just blank grey image place marker..

I really have no idea. I have same problem with music shelf - half of the items are without cover. It might be an issue with script.widgets but I'm really not sure.

OK, thanks for letting me know.. Atleast it's not something i've done! Smile
(2013-08-20, 18:48)calhaus Wrote: EDIT: Just a small question, is there a way to show only one different option by menu, for example only "newest movies" in movies, recommended on tv shows and random on music?
I can only have recommended for all menus or newest and recommend at the same time (which is a bit messy with too much icons).

It is made like that in skin widgets so it is selectable only in a way you describe above.

Of course, I could work around that and make 25 skin checks and what not so that every possible thing is selectable. Then, I would need to explain to all users to enable all options in skin widgets so we make sure all items are available to choose from. That seems to me as lots of work and lots of clumsy skin options. Non-go for me, sorry.

I agree it might look messy with horizontal layout but that's not the case with vertical view. OTOH, with shelf disabled, horizontal layout looks much better that vertical.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ok

0.8.1 is in skin dev repo

It should fix all known bugs, bring performance improvements, eliminate the need to reboot after changing shelf items and will look after your kids while you're away.

It is very recommended for all users of wealth and taste.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-21, 16:07)pecinko Wrote: Ok

It should fix all known bugs, bring performance improvements, eliminate the need to reboot after changing shelf items and will look after your kids while you're away.

Including the posters for music and tv shelf?
Nice work, all needed features are in the latest build!

I'm still seeing two bugs in the horizontal view.
When I'm in the shelf (top/buttom left poster), and I press LEFT, I go back to the menu. I guess this is vertical view behavior? I guess it should be going towards the end of that poster's row.
Also the Movie titles and show titles are not aligned to the far left like before. Is this intentional?

Also, what does the "Show plot for unwatched items" do in the skin widget settings (general).

I still don't like how the horizontal shelf looks. I like the previous one better... Now it's taking in too much space.
You also didn't put the watched/unwatched counter in the top left corner yet (just saying Smile)

Apart from that it really seems like the skin is ready for the big 1.0.0 release! Looking forward to it!
And congrats on this fine work pecinko!

EDIT:
(2013-08-21, 14:01)danmedhurst Wrote: I use the horizontal view with the Recently Added Items underneath.. but my TV shows barely have any posters showing.. A couple of them do, but most of them show just blank grey image place marker..

I'm also having this problem by the way Smile
(2013-08-21, 19:41)abcabc Wrote:
(2013-08-21, 14:01)danmedhurst Wrote: I use the horizontal view with the Recently Added Items underneath.. but my TV shows barely have any posters showing.. A couple of them do, but most of them show just blank grey image place marker..

I'm also having this problem by the way Smile

maybe try this util - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373
Thank you for this skin, it really is the best looking, cleanest and fastest skin I found for my RPi.
I have compiled a small list of - I wouldn't call it bugs - but things I noticed and that you might want to fix before the final release:
  • Could you let the user manually set the settings menu background, too?
    I changed backgrounds/System.jpg to use the same image as everything else. It would be easier to be able to set it directly in the settings.
  • Another thing I noticed when changing that very image, though I'm not sure if it's skin-related:
    The exact same image file has a little more contrast in the settings menu than in the rest of the skin.
  • The scrollbar in the addon list is on the left side (I expected it on the right for one column lists).
  • The small Quit/Shutdown/Reboot icons literally look a little rough around the edges and could need some smoothing.
  • Nothing for the final release but still: When I uncommented the Loading.gif part in DialogBusy.xml, the little spinner was far off.
    I changed the values to posx: 842, posy: 558.
    Can you change those default values or maybe even give users a choice to toggle the icon?
By the way, I also translated the string.xml into German. I could send you the file if you want to include it! Smile
(2013-08-21, 14:06)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-20, 18:48)calhaus Wrote: EDIT: Just a small question, is there a way to show only one different option by menu, for example only "newest movies" in movies, recommended on tv shows and random on music?
I can only have recommended for all menus or newest and recommend at the same time (which is a bit messy with too much icons).

It is made like that in skin widgets so it is selectable only in a way you describe above.

Of course, I could work around that and make 25 skin checks and what not so that every possible thing is selectable. Then, I would need to explain to all users to enable all options in skin widgets so we make sure all items are available to choose from. That seems to me as lots of work and lots of clumsy skin options. Non-go for me, sorry.

I agree it might look messy with horizontal layout but that's not the case with vertical view. OTOH, with shelf disabled, horizontal layout looks much better that vertical.

OLD: I can only think of some kind of Advanced settings for users that know what they're doing, but as you said it would give lot's of work, 3 options per movie, tv show... and only 2 could be selected would give you lots of work but would be great...

EDIT: If you don't mind the work, something with this type of options would easy and intuitive:
-You could add the two options or only one per type of menu,
-You could only select one item per option
-The itens would be none, random, recommended or latest...

About the bugs i think i've found 2:

- When i first start XBMC, the shelf icons don't show up immediately, they only show up after i've entered on of the menus and go back. Dunno why this is happening, but this happens on computer and raspberry, i have 0.8.1 and happened also in in 0.8 that i've noticed, also i have Recent items disabled (only random/recommended enabled)...

- I've noticed the scroll bar button is not showing on computer only on raspberry (http://i.imgur.com/uaXccOx.png ). Any ideas?

Btw, i'm translating the strings.xml to portuguese (pt-pt), even tho i prefer it in english i hope it helps other users. Smile
(2013-08-21, 16:07)pecinko Wrote: Ok

Yeah, i know we are in feature freeze, but just curious. Did you consider to place vertical menu shelf at the top or bottom of the screen?
(2013-08-21, 13:49)danmedhurst Wrote: I use the horizontal view with the Recently Added Items underneath.. but my TV shows barely have any posters showing.. A couple of them do, but most of them show just blank grey image place marker..

I had this when I first installed, but it's been fine the last couple of days.
I'm guessing once covers have been correctly cached once, it will be okay.
Milhouse's texture cache maintenance utility would help, as would visiting the tv series where the covers are.

As to why it's happening, my guess is it's running out of gpu memory.
It appears we have enough gpu memory to display the number of covers, but maybe when the covers are first viewed, and a decode->encode stage is required is pushing it over the edge.
You could try changing to gpu_mem=256 (on a 512M pi).

Obviously running the gui at 1080p or increasing the size of the artwork (fanartres/imageres) will make the gpu memory run out sooner.
Is this new? There's no buffering porcentage meter appearing automatically on the screen in streaming addons. I have to bring OSD or info to know why the video is freezing. Can you bring back this please?
Awesome.. got the new version from the repo... Posters for tvshows are now all working after going into each show and manually setting the poster.. not sure why it wasn't setting itself but thats not a skin problem..

2 things to note..

1) way to go confusing me and moving all the menu items out of Includes_horizontal_home.xml Smile took me a while to find the MyMovies menu in Includes.xml to modify where it points to Smile

2) My RSS Feed no longer seems to work.. just a blank box in the bottom left..
(2013-08-21, 21:02)popcornmix Wrote: Obviously running the gui at 1080p or increasing the size of the artwork (fanartres/imageres) will make the gpu memory run out sooner.

I have this problem on Mac mini. It can't be running out of memory problem.

Why would running 1080 hurt RPi. Shouldn't it be more about size of textures? I'll be glad to finally understand this 1080 vs 720 rpi problem.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I need to check the latest update when I get home but I noticed the same as another poster earlier that the recently added tv shows and movies are not populating on boot.i need to go into the section and back out to see them.
Also has the favourites shelf returned?
Hey pencinko i've finished the translation to portuguese (portuguese from Portugal), here you have the link with strings.xml:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jar3p70t1ngdy...uguese.zip
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10