• 48(current)
Archive - old posts
(2013-08-28, 06:50)ministerjee Wrote: I reinstalled the skin and it seems to be working fine.I also found amber-xbian mod. What Is the difference between these two. They look almost sameHuh

Only difference should be it has support for xbian add-on. I say should because I'm not sure that version is always up-to-date. You should check the details with xbian guys.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

O, nooooo, horizontal OSD. My subtitles hidden again Sad. "loading" mini panel overlaps with new status bar in icon view.

(2013-08-28, 00:26)abcabc Wrote: And when I pause a video, the big word PAUSED in the middle of the screen like so many skins do Smile
It's just ugly, IMHO. And if someone paused to check some detail in the video, like drawing or note?
(2013-08-28, 10:28)relyter Wrote: O, nooooo, horizontal OSD. My subtitles hidden again Sad. "loading" mini panel overlaps with new status bar in icon view.

(2013-08-28, 00:26)abcabc Wrote: And when I pause a video, the big word PAUSED in the middle of the screen like so many skins do Smile
It's just ugly, IMHO. And if someone paused to check some detail in the video, like drawing or note?

Fixing subtitle overlap could be fixed like this:
Move the progressbar to the buttom.
Move the OSD controls to the top (also the movie title on top)

PAUSED suggestion is just a suggestion. I just want it mentioned somewhere on the screen when video is paused.
Hi Pecincko,

Last version of Amber is not far from being perfect. I especially love what you've done with the new texture for fanart/list/etc. views ..you really nailed it.

Anyway, the only view i really miss (and i'm not the only one apparently) from Quartz Reloaded is the Big list view, especially for artists browsing. So i took the liberty of making a quick mockup to show you what i have in mind :

with thumbnails :

without thumbnails :

Of course, feel free to ignore my suggestion if you don't want to reinstate it, but i hope you consider it anyway Wink
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
Something more I'd like to add for the new bottombar for Icons-view.

Left : Year + Episodes
Middle : Title
Right : IMDB Stars (rating)
I'm having a bit of a problem with the "extra filter menu" option in plexbmc.

If I enable it (and restart XBMC), then choosing recently viewed, added, on deck etc works fine for every category I have. But selecting the actual category (movies for example) makes me go though the filter page (all movies, unwatched, etc).

If I disable it, then going into movies directly shows all movies (which is what I expect), but this has a side effect of preventing the submenus to work anymore. Basically they all show "all movies".

Appart from tweaking the skin myself if able, is there something that can be done here?

thanks
Wink 
(2013-08-26, 14:24)pecinko Wrote: Despite the fact I asked you not to send it by PM. There's like 4000 lines in your log and I don't have time to go through them. Second problem is that no RPi dev can take a look at them and problem seems to be playback related, from the brief look I took.

Ok,sorry I didn't understand that way. I'm pretty sure you are right, its a playback issue, but my tests shows it happens with Amber skin but not with Confluence. I'll make further tests and update you shortly. Thanks for your time peckinko.
(2013-08-28, 15:38)Zeflash Wrote: I'm having a bit of a problem with the "extra filter menu" option in plexbmc.

If I enable it (and restart XBMC), then choosing recently viewed, added, on deck etc works fine for every category I have. But selecting the actual category (movies for example) makes me go though the filter page (all movies, unwatched, etc).

If I disable it, then going into movies directly shows all movies (which is what I expect), but this has a side effect of preventing the submenus to work anymore. Basically they all show "all movies".

Appart from tweaking the skin myself if able, is there something that can be done here?

thanks

You don't need to restart. You might don't even need to "refresh" (option under settings). This feature seems to be broken for me as well, but it seems to be recent-PMS-updates related. All worked fine on previous versions of PMS.

You can't fix this by tweaking the skin, you should be tweaking plexbmc add-on instead.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi pecinko,

Some strings of 'View Mode' are not localizable: Banner List, Panel, Low List, Big Panel.
It's not a big deal but would be better if I can translate them. Smile

Regards,
(2013-08-28, 13:14)abcabc Wrote: Something more I'd like to add for the new bottombar for Icons-view.

Excellent suggestion! Done - looks the same as in fan art view.

(2013-08-28, 10:28)relyter Wrote: "loading" mini panel overlaps with new status bar in icon view.

No more Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko, do you think you can add the option to "log off" under shutdown? I find this useful for those who may use multiple xbmc profiles.
So I thought I had this custom home and smart playlist thing down pat. It appears this newbie does not.

So I added two custom home menus, Docos and Kids. I created a playlist for each with path contains 'docos' and 'kids'.

External Media file structure is:

/Movies
/Tv Shows
/Docos
/Kids

The kids movies are showing correctly in the new custom menu, as are the docos and TV Shows, but my movies menu shows ALL MOVIES, and I only want it to show movies that are not kids and docos.

I am sure I had this sorted at one point but seem to be doing something wrong with playlists or sources etc.

I have tried deleting sources and starting again adding new source but still populates movies will all movies.

I have a playlist for Movies and TV Shows which contain paths movies and TV Shows, do I need playlists for theseHuh

I also don't know how favourites come into all of this and if it is required to add playlists to favourites for the filtering to work.

Help would be much appreciated.
(2013-08-29, 01:59)bry- Wrote: pecinko, do you think you can add the option to "log off" under shutdown? I find this useful for those who may use multiple xbmc profiles.

(2013-08-29, 02:41)prankster666 Wrote: I have a playlist for Movies and TV Shows which contain paths movies and TV Shows, do I need playlists for theseHuh

I also don't know how favourites come into all of this and if it is required to add playlists to favourites for the filtering to work.

You may try create smartplaylist for actual movies based on path (/Movies) (or on "path is not"). Add this playlist to favorites and add this favorite to home screen. Label it MOVIES. To clear thing up you may disable default Movies entry on home, however you'll loose movie shelf and submenu this way.
(2013-08-29, 00:58)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-08-28, 13:14)abcabc Wrote: Something more I'd like to add for the new bottombar for Icons-view.

Excellent suggestion! Done - looks the same as in fan art view.

(2013-08-28, 10:28)relyter Wrote: "loading" mini panel overlaps with new status bar in icon view.

No more Smile

Thanks! Is it on GIT yet? Smile

Also could I ask what views you personally use?
Movies, Tv-Shows, Seasons, Episodes
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive - old posts10