• 13(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
I have tlbb. It comes preloaded with XBMC, the only direct branding included in the skin is a logo in the bottom corner of the home screen, I find it unobtrusive. The violet skin is adapted from Bello. I believe tlbb skin can be changed, but I dig it so I haven't tried.
I have devices running XBMC in different rooms and I love to share my XBMC video library between these devices. The way I did it with my current devices was by sharing mysql and editing a XBMC configuration file to access mysql library on the server. Will I be able to edit XBMC configuration files so TLBB can access the same shared library ?
Yes you will be able to do that on TLBB.
(2014-01-11, 02:31)ppellon Wrote: I have devices running XBMC in different rooms and I love to share my XBMC video library between these devices. The way I did it with my current devices was by sharing mysql and editing a XBMC configuration file to access mysql library on the server. Will I be able to edit XBMC configuration files so TLBB can access the same shared library ?

I have the same requirement.

How can this be done on TLBB?

There is no way via the GUI File Manager to copy/replace files (i.e AdvancedSettings.xml or sources.xml).

Is there a way to access the backend?
I noticed I can SSH into the box but I don't have user/pass

EDIT: I found the answer here: http://www.tlbbforum.com/threads/guide-f...r-pc.2752/
I have the TLBB for the second day now, but the back button of the remote doesn't work anymore.
Light blinks on the remote, but box will not respond.

Edit: and suddenly it works again!
(2014-01-26, 01:43)patrickje85 Wrote: I have the TLBB for the second day now, but the back button of the remote doesn't work anymore.
Light blinks on the remote, but box will not respond.

This happens to me if I'd pressed CAPS or Fn on the keyboard side. Pressing them again disables that function and enables the "back" button to work again.

I made a suggestion on the TLBB Forum regarding an LED on their next gen remote to indicate if these buttons have been pressed, or some sort on on-screen indicator.
The Little Black Box has a new version 1.1 that now includes two USB ports, upgraded remote, 1.1.3 firmware with many performance and feature updates. The Little Black Box is now priced at $99.
(2014-03-13, 02:36)Cody-TLBB Wrote: The Little Black Box has a new version 1.1 that now includes two USB ports, upgraded remote, 1.1.3 firmware with many performance and feature updates. The Little Black Box is now priced at $99.

Still a bad price for the hardware...
(2014-03-13, 02:36)Cody-TLBB Wrote: The Little Black Box has a new version 1.1 that now includes two USB ports, upgraded remote, 1.1.3 firmware with many performance and feature updates. The Little Black Box is now priced at $99.

1.1.3?? As far as I know the latest firmware you guys have released is 1.1.2 beta 3, so this is a lie. Box is getting better, but not at par with with newer boxes out in the market. You're advertising a box that you say now is better, when you should have released it that way last year, not today.
Does the new box support 24hz?

I bought TLBB in August. The worst purchase I ever made. Even after many software updates TLBB still have problems playing movies. There are still problems with glitches in the picture and sound dropouts. TLBB had the potential for a great XBMC box, but the developers can't get the box to run smooth.
(2014-03-15, 10:32)Horshauge Wrote:

I bought TLBB in August. The worst purchase I ever made. Even after many software updates TLBB still have problems playing movies. There are still problems with glitches in the picture and sound dropouts. TLBB had the potential for a great XBMC box, but the developers can't get the box to run smooth.

The hardware is dated for the price it is selling at, but it's not a bad box in its own right. It's basically the same hardware as the Pivos XIOS. If anything, these AMLogic-based players are better for pure video playback abilities, even if they are a little slow.
(2014-03-16, 05:26)Ned Scott Wrote: The hardware is dated for the price it is selling at, but it's not a bad box in its own right. It's basically the same hardware as the Pivos XIOS. If anything, these AMLogic-based players are better for pure video playback abilities, even if they are a little slow.

Gotham is another story, I'm running it on another M3 device (of course under Linux) and it's pretty snappy (thanks for the Raspberry Pi).
It should be pretty easy for the TLBB developers to push Gotham when it will be out and the users will benefit from the extra RAM compared for the Raspberry Pi.
Quote:The Little Black Box will Free you from your monthly cable or satellite bills. All for a one of payment of £199

I gather I can watch free TV and Movies on this device. That is great news, how did you manage to sort out the licensing for that? The producers dont like money anymore?
I have given up on this, had it about six mths to slow, firmware updates forever giving problems, its like a half finished project, and all its forum does is promise better sometime soon.
New version out now supposed to be quicker but again nothing but bugs reported on the site.
For the price you can get a AFTV that runs miles better, for a little time setting up
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33