• 3(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
(2013-05-28, 17:02)Skank Wrote: So it wont pull a notmal dts out of it?

jinx?
You can play the files, but you have to pass it through to your TV or receiver. We are not (yet) in the position to administrate that part of the license nightmare. Wink
(2013-05-29, 19:52)j1nx Wrote: You can play the files, but you have to pass it through to your TV or receiver. We are not (yet) in the position to administrate that part of the license nightmare. Wink

I will pass it through to my pioneer VSX 919
It will be possible to modify "The LIttle Black Box" and install Plex?
HAHAHAHAHAA
(2013-05-29, 19:52)j1nx Wrote: You can play the files, but you have to pass it through to your TV or receiver. We are not (yet) in the position to administrate that part of the license nightmare. Wink

Do I understand well that dts-hd pass-through is ok but decoding isn't (due to license nightmares)?
According to questions on their Facebook page pass through is OK
Yes, passthrough means you do not touch it just passing it along. You just let some other piece of equipment handle it. If you have a TV or receiver that can do it, you paid for the license via them.
The question is a serious question:

And I would like to get an answer.

Thank you.
(2013-06-01, 14:10)riconster Wrote: The question is a serious question:

And I would like to get an answer.

Thank you.

Myabe you should ask on plex forums, this is XBMC forums here in case you did not notice.
What's the menu navigation like? Any noticeable lag?
And another question: Will "change framerate" work on this box? I mean, does this change the output framerate according to the framerate of the movie? 24Hz, 50 or 60Hz?
(2013-06-01, 15:33)t2ffn Wrote: What's the menu navigation like? Any noticeable lag?
Fast at initial start. Depending on the amount of media and plugin added performance goes down a bit. Never to the point that I experience it as unacceptable. We have to stay honest with our selfs; It is a ARM device, NOT a i7

So no marketing statements there. Just how it is... Wink

(2013-06-01, 23:02)sstavross Wrote: And another question: Will "change framerate" work on this box? I mean, does this change the output framerate according to the framerate of the movie? 24Hz, 50 or 60Hz?
No, that is not imlemented (like that way) and for that reason disabled in the advancedsettings.xml
Very honest and open, great to see.

While not an i7, in comparison to Acer Revo Dual Core Ion running linux XBMC, about the same or better?

And after a lot of googling, I still can't see 100% clear answer that this device will be able to passthrough HD audio. DTS HD, TrueHD etc
I have both acer revo 3700 with latest openelec and a smart tv box (gbox clone) with j1nx beta, both play everything, difference I noticed is smart tv box runs with higher CPU usage (10% vs 35-40%) - which does not affect anything, that it doesn't do 24p - though not noticeable on my tv and it doesn't do dtshd or truehd,.

BUT the fact that you have a fully working remote and that the smart tv box has a dedicated power on/off button that gets me out of trouble when certain addons decide to freeze my xbmc - power of, wait 30 sec, back in business has a high WAF

I am leaning towards selling the acer Smile
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33