• 5(current)
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M3
Has anyone got one yet? Or is there any reviews online yet?
They are right around the corner. Should be landing any minute now. They will then be pushed to the pre-order people and shortly after the first review and experiences will come online.

I can do a review, but it would not be fair Wink
Great! Tempted to get on as I think I found a supplier with a few pre-orders left. Do they ship directly from you guys? Whats the return policy? Normally I like reviews before buying gadgets :-)
We have been partnering with two distribitors.

www.thelittleblackboxna.com
www.thelittleblackbox.eu

They will take care of everything. If you normally await reviews. By all means, hang in there for just a couple more days. It is coming. Don't let it step you outside your comfort zone. Just wait a bit and decide for your self.
Nope, couldn't wait. I've ordered! Whats the deal with HD audio passthrough? Seen conflicting answers. Also, unlike a Raspberry Pi, would this be able to play 1080p video and the DTS audio without the assistance of an amp? Will it happily play DVD and/or BD ISOs with menus? What about full BD remuxes? Thanks :-)
Quick question from a xbmc lightweight... i have a htpc with windows and xbmc running now. Looking for something cheap and easy for bedroom. Will this be able to install hulu, ustvnow and other addins? They arent OS specific are they? Also, will they be able to share a library, assuming all media is stored on htpc and i follow the steps to setup mysql library?
Hi, I really would like to purchase an xbmc player, I was about to buy jynxbox on ebay when I stumbled upon TLBB... now im torn between the jynxbox (linux) and the little black box.

This question is for J1nx...
what's the difference? can you convince me(us) on why I(we) should buy TLBB? what are the advantages? any special features which sets this apart from the XMC-linux of the AMLogic8726 M3 boxes? and where can I order since I'm in the Philippines I'm more closer to China, if I will order in your website It will go all the way to the US then back to Asia? hehe.

I would be very glad for some enlightenment so I can buy immediately. Thank you!
Just pulled the trigger on this and ordered one as they are now shipping out of LA. Was going to install a Q190 but will hold off until I see how this works. As 90% of my media consumption is from local NAS, with a TV tuner stick for local broadcast channels I am optimistic this will do the trick for much less than the Q190. I see unpacking video's where they show the included USB stick, I assume this is for either backup or updating, or both. One external USB is not an issue as powered hubs are cheap. The remote has to be RF as kind of hard to point using the keyboard, think Boxee remote but better, that's where the other USB port went, internal for a RF dongle, although for replacement or repair it would have been better to leave the port on the outside and supply the USB dongle. Online photo's also show the TV tuner screen from XBMC so that is cool. This unit will pass-thru all HD Audio to your TV or Receiver for decoding, not a problem as my receiver is capable of decoding just about anything. All in all looks like just what I was looking for, good thing I stumbled onto this thread today before I unpacked the Q190. If this works out the Boxee Box is going to the playroom until it dies.
(2013-07-20, 23:32)natopascual Wrote: Hi, I really would like to purchase an xbmc player, I was about to buy jynxbox on ebay when I stumbled upon TLBB... now im torn between the jynxbox (linux) and the little black box.

This question is for J1nx...
what's the difference? can you convince me(us) on why I(we) should buy TLBB? what are the advantages? any special features which sets this apart from the XMC-linux of the AMLogic8726 M3 boxes? and where can I order since I'm in the Philippines I'm more closer to China, if I will order in your website It will go all the way to the US then back to Asia? hehe.

I would be very glad for some enlightenment so I can buy immediately. Thank you!

Main differences;
- We have Bello on board to design our default skin
- With tweaks to that skin for the ease of setting up for first time XBMC users
- Dual sided RF remote + keyboard.
- Me as developer on board Wink

Hardware is the same, software very different. (keep in mind the linux on the jynxbox also comes from my hands)

But head over to one of the official TLBB channels. I am am developer so not good in words to convince you. The sales people are way better in that.
Better to stick with Confluence as the default skin if you are targeting first time users. Bello is way too dark and most of the text does not have enough contrast against the backgrounds.
Im sold with your statement J1nx... however....

its out of stock ==> http://www.thelittleblackbox.nl/en/produ...black-box/

i tried in amazon but here's the message i got:
"We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order"

any suggestions where to get it? thanks!
@ voochi It's a customised version not bello itself.
@ natopascual what part of the world are you in?

Sent from my iPhone 2
@Julessallen im from the philippines... its actually closer in China where the boxes are made but the main office i believe is in the US
(2013-07-21, 23:13)natopascual Wrote: @Julessallen im from the philippines... its actually closer in China where the boxes are made but the main office i believe is in the US

Ok I will work out how to get you one soon give me some time

Sent from my iPhone 2
@Julesallen... i'd gladly appreciate it! thanks!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Little Black Box - AMLogic AML8726-M33