Linux Looping with no XBMC start
Ok I am newbie to XBMC. This is my first install please forgive me if I did something stupid or easily fixed. I installed XBMCbuntu it seemed to install just fine though it was hard to read everything during the install. It restarted back up and tried to go into XBMC and it just started looping over end over then it brought up what I assume is the Ubuntu desktop. When I tried to play a movie or music it looped a few time then nothing. Try to view a picture and it tells me I don't have a program to open it. How do I fix this?
Sounds like your video card isn't supported by the version of xbmcbuntu you installed. But as you haven't given any info it's hard to say.
(2013-04-26, 23:44)nickr Wrote: Sounds like your video card isn't supported by the version of xbmcbuntu you installed. But as you haven't given any info it's hard to say.

How would I go about figuring that out? What more info should I post?
What is your gpu and what did you install?
(2013-04-27, 00:21)nickr Wrote: What is your gpu and what did you install?

I don't know what gpu I have. It was installed when I got it. I have just installed XBMCbuntu 12v
There 2 versions of the xbmcbuntu iso - amd and nvidia/intel.

If you can't tell us what graphics chipset you have, well I find that a bit weird. But the command lspci will tell you.
Run

Code:
lspci | grep VGA ; lsmod | grep "kms\|drm" ; find /dev -group video ; \
cat /proc/cmdline ; find /etc/modprobe.d/; cat /etc/modprobe.d/*kms* ; \
ls /etc/X11/xorg.conf ; glxinfo | grep -i "vendor\|rendering" ; \
grep LoadModule /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Thast one big copy and paste.

pastebin results.

uNi
(2013-04-27, 00:36)nickr Wrote: There 2 versions of the xbmcbuntu iso - amd and nvidia/intel.

If you can't tell us what graphics chipset you have, well I find that a bit weird. But the command lspci will tell you.

I hadn't looked it up,I'm at work right now so I will when I get home and it's AMD

(2013-04-27, 00:36)uNiversal Wrote: Run

Code:
lspci | grep VGA ; lsmod | grep "kms\|drm" ; find /dev -group video ; \
cat /proc/cmdline ; find /etc/modprobe.d/; cat /etc/modprobe.d/*kms* ; \
ls /etc/X11/xorg.conf ; glxinfo | grep -i "vendor\|rendering" ; \
grep LoadModule /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Thast one big copy and paste.

pastebin results.

uNi
I run this from the Ubuntu desktop?
Exactly which amd chipset?
(2013-04-27, 01:07)nickr Wrote: Exactly which amd chipset?
Currently its an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+, I plan to upgrade to a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ in the near future
I believe that is your cpu. We want Gpu
google says NVidia. Did I install the wrong OS?
If it has an nvidia gpu then you want the nvidia/intel iso.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well damn now I feel foolish

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looping with no XBMC start0