XBMC Android External Player Help
I am new to XBMC and android so please be patient also sorry if this is already posted please lead me in the right direction. I picked up a Jynxbox android HD. When I got it It took an update and then I updated XBMC to 12.1.1 Frodo. I noticed that HD from navi-x was stuttering (no surprise). so I downloaded MX player, changed the H/W settings downloaded the armv7 for neon codec and a custom codec pack. installed playercorefactory in the /userdata file. XBMC never asks "play file with". I have uninstalled everything reinstalled mx player then XBMC, no luck. I have installed VLC player, Tplayer, Wondershare all with armv7 codecs. no luck. I have tried XAF builds, no luck. nightlies, no luck. So I have a feeling I am missing something. I have read through so many threads that I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over. I did find the ">" symbol inside navi-x when I click on "mplayer" not sure if that is the same as "mxplayer" it says loading stream then I get a IP address of something like 192.57.876:8080 in the lower left corner. Do I have to actually change the playercorefactory file? the only thing I can think might need changed is the location of the player. However I can't find where the app (mxplayer, tplayer, wonderplayer) reside? I have tried to search from the root with no luck. I am at wits end and could really use the help, with step by step instructions, I would love to get this thing up and running nicely as I seems to be pretty bad-ass.
You have to have a health d/l speed to stream HD. It also depends on the source.
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
No Navi-x support (see forum rules (wiki)).
lartomar2002, i'm running 50 mbps down 16 mpbs up, I doubt that is the problem. I have also tried different sources and files as well as programs.

ned scott. so i read the forum rules, thank you for that. Maybe I should be clear and explain that it really has nothing to do with Navi-x, however it has everything to do with getting XBMC to activate and play with a player other than the built in one to play HD without an issue.

Any advise or advise of where to go to get the answer would be awesome. I am not looking for a free ride I have put over a week in looking for the correct information. I am willing to put in the leg work, I am stuck at this point. thanks.
(2013-04-27, 04:51)dmurph Wrote: lartomar2002, i'm running 50 mbps down 16 mpbs up, I doubt that is the problem. I have also tried different sources and files as well as programs.

ned scott. so i read the forum rules, thank you for that. Maybe I should be clear and explain that it really has nothing to do with Navi-x, however it has everything to do with getting XBMC to activate and play with a player other than the built in one to play HD without an issue.

Any advise or advise of where to go to get the answer would be awesome. I am not looking for a free ride I have put over a week in looking for the correct information. I am willing to put in the leg work, I am stuck at this point. thanks.
I have been streaming videos for about 3 years now and have been all over the web looking for answers. While true you do have a good connection speed, how is your XBMC device connected, wired or wirless. Also some times the site you are trying to stream from can be over loaded, are you trying to watch a popular movie on a weekend night. All of these can contribute to stuttering. I have found sometimes if you can pause the stream for 15 to 30 minutes and let it buffer the stream will play better. Sorry if you already know this, if so, maybe it might help someone else.:-)
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Android External Player Help0