Zotac ND22 Frodo 12.1 - errors in xbmc.log
Team,
in the main Frodo 12.1 has been running ok on my Zotac.
At the moment I am trying to cleanout some of the errors that I am seeing in the log file on bootup.
ERROR: CAESinkOSS::EnumerateDevicesEx - Failed to open mixer: /dev/mixer
ERROR: Unable to load libcrystalhd.so.3, reason: libcrystalhd.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: GLX: Same window as before, refreshing context
ERROR: Python script "script.tv.show.next.aired" does not exist

Also had a Warning for CEC that has already been updated.
WARNING: CecLogMessage - The firmware of this adapter can be upgraded. Please visit http://blog.pulse-eight.com/ for more information.

I scanned the forum and the net for these error messages and could not find any clear answer as to what is causing them.

The log is in http://paste.ubuntu.com/5611579/

Any advice or direction would be appreciated.

cheers,
dg
Hey.

You can ignore these they are generic logging messages., everyone has the first and third if XBMCbuntu the second too.
Code:
ERROR: CAESinkOSS::EnumerateDevicesEx - Failed to open mixer: /dev/mixer
ERROR: Unable to load libcrystalhd.so.3, reason: libcrystalhd.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: GLX: Same window as before, refreshing context

This one you can either look at your userdata (wiki) addons and addon_data folders and remove and references to script.tv.show.next.aired or install the script.
Code:
ERROR: Python script "script.tv.show.next.aired" does not exist
clearly moaning about script if your using a non default skin the skin may depend on the script,

As for libcec its clear what it means though if you do have a cec adapter you may want to contact pulse eight and ask them what to do or how -to upgrade.

uNi
The /dev/mixer error is not a worry. Similarly the crystallhd error (unless you actually have that device and want to use it}.
uNiversal & nickr,
many thanks for your prompt reply.

I should have mentioned I am running XBMCbuntu + Transparency skin.

No crystallhd.

uNiversal,
I assumed as much about the first set of errors; I have ignored them - but they just nag at me seeing them there.

As for the Python script error, I'll have to go hunting for this one.

many thanks team for your feedback.

cheers,
dg
Worry less and watch your tv more
The python errors curl stuff is because your using some 3rd party repository which needs refreshing since its not returning content. see Add-ons#Empty_repository_list (wiki)

The skin your using likely depends on script.tv.show.next.aired and if you removed it it will complain. Solution either use another skin or install the tv.show.next.aired addon or see below.

On errors bugging you, well I agree, but I lack the skills to submit code to XBMC to improve these, so ignore them or until your OCD and medication dont work anymore. Smile Or submit a patch that improves this behaviour.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ND22 Frodo 12.1 - errors in xbmc.log0