[RELEASE] IrcChat
ImageWIKI

------ a basic IRC client for XBMC mediacenter ------

ABOUT
Divingmule and me are happy to introduce, the IRC Chat for XBMC. Now available in the official repo. We have been working on this project for a while and we are really happy with how it turned out. It was a fun challenge, a chat for a mediacenter. We wanted to improve the experience of watching live video streaming. Often, live streams have a web chat and this was a part of the "conversation" we were missing out of. These web-chats were mostly javascript and that meant just scraping them would be hard. But then we found that most of them had an IRC server behind them. So we started looking into ways to do IRC in python and after some tries we found a way. From there on, one by one, the most important IRC features were added.

FEATURES
* Follow the chat conversations while watching your favorite streams.
* Join the conversation.
* View a list of users in your current channel.
* View a list of available channels on your host.
* Context options such as: WhoIs, set away message and sending private messages.
* Connect to channel from the channel list or by entering the channel name into the keyboard dialog.
* Great variety of colors to make the chat blend in, or stand out from the video.
* The possibility of direct integration with your favorite streaming sites and addons.
* Hang out on the XBMC IRC channel from within XBMC.

IrcChat on Github
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
-- Reserved --
Thanks again for the awesome addon. Pretty cool. Really lets you enjoy TwiT and JTV. Any plans to be able to move it around the screen mainly at bottom?
Did anyone else get this auto installed for them? I happened to be in front of my HTPC when XBMC did it's normal auto update of existing addons, and I noticed this one got installed as well. I went ahead and deleted it, but I'm trying to figure out if maybe some other addon has this addon as a dependency (which I think would have caused the install).
pkscuot strangely enough I had it install itself and I'm on Frodo 12.1.
(2013-05-03, 09:10)RedPenguin Wrote: Thanks again for the awesome addon. Pretty cool. Really lets you enjoy TwiT and JTV. Any plans to be able to move it around the screen mainly at bottom?

Thanks it's nice to get some feedback Smile

No real plans, maybe if more request for it. It would be a lot of work, mostly for MassIV so it's up to him to decide.

(2013-05-04, 00:55)pkscuot Wrote: Did anyone else get this auto installed for them? I happened to be in front of my HTPC when XBMC did it's normal auto update of existing addons, and I noticed this one got installed as well. I went ahead and deleted it, but I'm trying to figure out if maybe some other addon has this addon as a dependency (which I think would have caused the install).

Sorry for any inconvenience, I added it as a dependency for the TWIT add-on.

For some reason I couldn't get the 'optional' argument to install on demand Huh
(2013-05-04, 00:55)pkscuot Wrote: Did anyone else get this auto installed for them? I happened to be in front of my HTPC when XBMC did it's normal auto update of existing addons, and I noticed this one got installed as well. I went ahead and deleted it, but I'm trying to figure out if maybe some other addon has this addon as a dependency (which I think would have caused the install).

plugin.video.twit
Quote:TWiT Version 2.0.2
added support for IrcChat addon when watching twit live
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-05-04, 01:44)divingmule Wrote: ...

Sorry for any inconvenience, I added it as a dependency for the TWIT add-on.

For some reason I couldn't get the 'optional' argument to install on demand Huh

Thanks for the info. I don't mind it being installed, but I saw it being installed and was like WTF? I know I didn't install it. Thought I had lost my mind and forgot about it. Smile
(2013-05-03, 09:10)RedPenguin Wrote: Thanks again for the awesome addon. Pretty cool. Really lets you enjoy TwiT and JTV. Any plans to be able to move it around the screen mainly at bottom?

Glad you like it Smile
Like divingmule said, if there is demand maybe. We did talk about it during development. But i personally feel it is more something for skins to make their own flavor. They can do a better job integrating with the rest of their layout and have more tools available to them like includes, variables, define their own colors, ect.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Just tried this out and nice job. I've thought of writing an IRC addon in the past, but it seemed like a lot of work, and I already maintain too many addons Smile

One thing I noticed, I entered #xbmc into the channel and it joined ##xbmc. Perhaps you should only add the # if it is not already entered by the user, or at least let the user know it will be added.

Thanks for all the hard work!
I cant wait to test!
(2013-05-12, 22:08)ruuk Wrote: Just tried this out and nice job. I've thought of writing an IRC addon in the past, but it seemed like a lot of work, and I already maintain too many addons Smile

One thing I noticed, I entered #xbmc into the channel and it joined ##xbmc. Perhaps you should only add the # if it is not already entered by the user, or at least let the user know it will be added.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Hey thnx ruuk Smile
We'll have a look at it.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Love this but is there any way to bind a key to close the script, I lose the a ability to navigate xbmc menu's in the background when a stream + irc are both running and it would be nice to quickly quit the script.
(2013-07-04, 22:07)UKVaper Wrote: Love this but is there any way to bind a key to close the script, I lose the a ability to navigate xbmc menu's in the background when a stream + irc are both running and it would be nice to quickly quit the script.

No, not really a faster way to close. Because in this case there are a number of things that need to be stopped (logged out ect) before actually closing the dialog window. And the window is like any other dialog, you can't interact with the rest of the skin before closing the dialog.

But i would like a way to 'hide' a dialog. Using a toggle key idea to 'minimize' a dialog.
I'll see if i can bring it up with someone when everyone is back from their holiday. Best i can do i think.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2013-07-05, 01:23)MassIV Wrote:
(2013-07-04, 22:07)UKVaper Wrote: Love this but is there any way to bind a key to close the script, I lose the a ability to navigate xbmc menu's in the background when a stream + irc are both running and it would be nice to quickly quit the script.

No, not really a faster way to close. Because in this case there are a number of things that need to be stopped (logged out ect) before actually closing the dialog window. And the window is like any other dialog, you can't interact with the rest of the skin before closing the dialog.

But i would like a way to 'hide' a dialog. Using a toggle key idea to 'minimize' a dialog.
I'll see if i can bring it up with someone when everyone is back from their holiday. Best i can do i think.

Yes, minimising would be fine too, I assume it would release focus to allow access to the main menu and probably preferable since it avoids connect spam on the irc server if switching back and forth. Thanks for the quick reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] IrcChat1