GSoC Proposal
Name: Dharmendra Hingu

E-mail: [email protected]

About me: I am student of third year Information Technology at Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI)

Summary: I want to implement ‘Improved Picture Player’ in XBMC player. The program should be such that player acts as a normal picture viewer like Picasa, Windows Photo Viewer etc when played image file. Secondly I also want to implement ‘split’ and ‘combine’ the video clips and images. If we specify split, start and end duration, it should split clip into number of images that could be useful for further editing or processing. Also if we have number of images that could form a clip, we specify combine and select the images that would form a video it should make a clip out of it.

How will I achieve this:

What will the project focus on: Project focuses on two things:
1) Picture slide show
2) Spilt and combine - video and images.

Benefits: Of course this is very beneficial for image processing. There are several OpenCV libraries and softwares available to do so, but it is very feasible and convenient to have it along with one single handy media player. Further having slide show facility in media player it makes unnecessary for us to have separate image viewer though several operating systems provide them as inbuilt utility.

Goals: Two important milestones can be set:
1) Picture Player
2) Split-Combine module (Video splitter)

What does it touch in XBMC:

Requirements:

Possible mentors:
C, C++ along with OpenCV libraries would help to achieve the goals!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GSoC Proposal0