Win Frodo 12.1 / Synology / Very slow common SQL
(2013-11-15, 12:56)PH-SYM Wrote: I thought you asked for the size of my music database, that database file is 95MB. The actual music is about 500GB (45000 songs)
With the changes I made, XBMC is certainly able to cope with that so I recommend making those engine changes. Only change the tables with the MyISAM engine. Don't know what happens if you change the "view" tables but I left them alone.

I noticed a definite improvement in opening artists and albums from the library but also things like adding an album to a current playlist is much faster now. Before that took 10 seconds, now its almost instant (1-2 seconds).

I am still looking for the best my.cnf settings regarding InnoDB but sofar it seems working properly and its definitely an improvement over MyISAM.

Yes my fault for the misunderstanding. If you find anything regarding the my.cnf settings, please post back if anything helps significantly. Mine is totally usable again, but it lags at random times especially when marking stuff watched (I experienced this recently as I tried to mark all my TV Shows watched, but this was marking whole series as watched and the Synology was concurrently syncing my TV Shows Folder through Bittorrent Sync so I think that might explain most of the slowness).

As far as the my.cnf: before I discovered the innodb "trick" I put this into my my.cnf:
Code:
query_cache_size = 16777216
query_cache_type=1
query_cache_limit=2097152

which for a brief period I thought fixed my "freeze" issue, but it came back...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frodo 12.1 / Synology / Very slow common SQL - by seth.feinberg - 2013-11-20, 20:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.1 / Synology / Very slow common SQL0