Recently added episodes just stopped updating
Hey guys- Running Kodi 15.2 ( I know a little outdated) on 2 htpc's all synced to a MySQL db on my server. It has been working flawlessly for as long as I can remember thus the reason I'm so out of date, it's far it's not broken don't fix it right? Until last week the recently added episodes just stopped updating and it's a major annoyance since that's how we decide on what to watch typically is see what's at the top of that.

My setup is sonarr grabs the episode automatically and moves it to my library folder location, then kicks off a library update on one of the HTPCs. That's still working great as the episodes are being added into the library but aren't appearing in recently added episodes.

Help please!
I'm a little unfamiliar with sonarr and some of the functions. The recently added function on 15.2 should still be working, in essence it's just a smart playlist and you could easily add one with new rules and save that as a favourite. One of things I would try is to increase/decrease the recently added with an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) A proper debug log posted to a pastebin might hint at the issue, but look at the dates of the files involved closely.

<recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->

Or use this code and tie it into favourites

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>recently added TV shows</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="inthelast">
        <value>2 weeks</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

But from the sounds of your set-up, you should really be looking at Add-on:LazyTV (wiki)
Are both kodi machines using the same version of kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-03-20, 06:51)PatK Wrote: I'm a little unfamiliar with sonarr and some of the functions. The recently added function on 15.2 should still be working, in essence it's just a smart playlist and you could easily add one with new rules and save that as a favourite. One of things I would try is to increase/decrease the recently added with an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) A proper debug log posted to a pastebin might hint at the issue, but look at the dates of the files involved closely.

<recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->

Or use this code and tie it into favourites

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>recently added TV shows</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="inthelast">
        <value>2 weeks</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

But from the sounds of your set-up, you should really be looking at Add-on:LazyTV (wiki)
So making that change to my advancedsettings.xml caused 2 episodes grabbed last night to populate in recently added episodes, but there was a third that still doesn't show and there have been episodes downloaded all last week that are still not populating and items from 3/12 and 3/5 are still populating the top of the list. I have posted my debug log to tinypaste since pastebin wanted me to go premium to paste it. http://pasted.co/5f36e5f7

Ill look into that addon also, thanks! Truth be told I use a pretty boring setup of kodi, just a simplified front end my wife can understand and use our logitech harmony to scroll down and find a movie or show to watch with our kid, I have limited addons.

(2017-03-20, 07:35)nickr Wrote: Are both kodi machines using the same version of kodi?

Yes they are
Pouring over you log, does look like a few anomalies, e.g.http://offshoregit.com a call here Sponsored by TV ADDONS not sure what is really going on, just be sure to have a proper back-up, potentially a network issue.
(2017-03-20, 17:15)PatK Wrote: Pouring over you log, does look like a few anomalies, e.g.http://offshoregit.com a call here Sponsored by TV ADDONS not sure what is really going on, just be sure to have a proper back-up, potentially a network issue.

Thanks PatK. It's been awhile since I have done one I'll be sure to backup the db and library today.
So I found this in my log on lines 3442 and 3442
Code:
09:35:45 T:10616   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [videodb://recentlyaddedepisodes/]
09:35:45 T:10224   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 96 ms for 35 items query: select * from episode_view  ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idEpisode desc LIMIT 35

I went into my DB and viewed that table and sure enough the query matches exactly what is being displayed in Kodi for recently added episodes and looking at the dateAdded value for each of the episodes I thought were missing seem to be showing the wrong dateAdded value in the database then when they were added. I think this is a file issue or database issue not a kodi issue, sorry for the trouble.

Actually those episodes aren't even in the episode_view table.

Furthermore, Rescanning the episode info adds it to the episode_view table, totally a DB issue. Thanks guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added episodes just stopped updating1