Bug Deleted Music Source but Music Still There (even after Clean Library)
Hi All,

So I noticed that I had some dupes in my music library, decided just to start from scratch on the music. I went in and manually removed my only music source (it was one source but two folders) - removed it completely. Then I went to update library, then clean library. I noticed that all music was still there (including dupes of course). I restarted, cleaned library again (and then several more times) and nothing seems to be getting solved. Below is a log of what's going on when I click "clean library"

<log removed>
I guess the original location is still accessible to XBMC, could that be correct ?
Try renaming the folder where you keep your music and cleaning again.
You could also try re-adding the source and when removing confirm that you want to clear all the items from the library when it is asked.

Do not post logs directly in the forum, upload them to xbmclogs or pastebin or similar.
Indeed this fixed it -but still seems like a bug to me...?

Thanks!
I'm not sure on music, since I know things work slightly differently between music and video databases, but I know for videos that the source path is added to the database itself when content is "set". So removing the file source alone doesn't always remove the path that is stored in the database (which is why XBMC will ask if you want to update the library when you modify/delete a source).
This exact same thing happened to my movie database. I would agree that it seems like a bug.
- XBMC asks you if you want to remove all content from that source when you delete the source.
- If you answer yes, the content is also removed from the database
- If you answer no you have the situation you are now in.

It could be argued that this question should be removed and that the videos should just always be removed together with the source.
For music the prompt never happens, so you remove the source but everything is still there....it's a strange default behavior
(2013-05-03, 11:05)Kibje Wrote: - XBMC asks you if you want to remove all content from that source when you delete the source.
- If you answer yes, the content is also removed from the database
- If you answer no you have the situation you are now in.

It could be argued that this question should be removed and that the videos should just always be removed together with the source.

I found this out while experimenting. I don't really see the usage scenario where you remove a source but keep the data in the database.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
With a MySql database sources are not added unless you want to update the database from that install, so there's one scenario. Online video media/streams are also often added without adding a source
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
OK I can see the shared db scenario as a possibility.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted Music Source but Music Still There (even after Clean Library)0