New CLoud Integration for users
why not add a feature that enables users to host their own personal cloud and share their music and even promote their band's or theirs own music?
Are you proposing something? Or did you just click the wrong forum?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
i am proposing this as s gsoc project since most of the xbmc users are using it on phone its better to give them feature that allows them to share their media files and even store it on the cloud!
(2013-05-02, 17:02)thepiper Wrote: i am proposing this as s gsoc project since most of the xbmc users are using it on phone its better to give them feature that allows them to share their media files and even store it on the cloud!

Are you planning to do this yourself as project?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ya i would love to if xbmc guys accept it!
(2013-05-02, 18:06)thepiper Wrote: ya i would love to if xbmc guys accept it!

do a proper proposal i'd say. look at the other ones made. they contain a lot more info on what should be done and how they are going to do this.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
My proposal:

Short description:
I propose a feature that allows user to share his playlist and also store it on the cloud as most of the xbmc users are running the app on phone or tablet devices it would be better if they get their own cloud.Some times there is a need for the files hosted on the cloud to be available locally. But, copying the files from the server and using it offline brings in the problem of having multiple copies of the same file (one online and one offline). In such a situation the user needs an application that can keep the local copy of files and the one on the cloud in sync.
How will I achieve this:
My design will have 3 parts
1) Front-end:C/C++ and the python APIs
2)Identify which file is to be synced:
When the first upload is done, the client uploads the whole file-system under version control to the server.

Subsequently when the client initiates a sync, the list of all files that have changed since the last sync is given to the server and those files are re uploaded

3)Transfering the file: It will be done using Pythons's webDAV client's API's or using xbmc JSON-RPC API and UPnP features
What will the project focus on:
Creating a iClould like feature for xbmc media player
Benefits:
With XBMC now running on mobile devices and tablets user will able to use the app on the go.

Goals:
To create an application that can keep the local copy of files and the one on the cloud in sync.

What does it touch in XBMC:
My proposal will just add another feature to xbmc.

Requirements:
C/C++ for the core parts, python,JSON-RPC API for transfering files and the sync policies

Possible mentors: Place to add possible mentors (Team-XBMC will add this).
which cloud storage will it use? Will there be different cloud backends possible (like iCould, dropbox, ...) or maybe even a private FTP server or alike?
google's cloud storage could be used...and no different cloud backends!
(2013-05-03, 10:27)da-anda Wrote: which cloud storage will it use? Will there be different cloud backends possible (like iCould, dropbox, ...) or maybe even a private FTP server or alike?

Also asking about this as people move to bigger cloud services such as COPY, hech with a free 20gb's who wouldnt?

If it offers to sync to say dropbox, copy, icould,googledrive or a few others id love this as i could throw some movies on it and access it anywhere!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New CLoud Integration for users0