OS X renameIT - rename TV Series & Movies on Mac OSX [64bit only for now]
Is this still being developed?
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of contact / development / progress. I haven't had a chance to work on this for a couple of months now, but hope to get back into it this weekend.

GordonBombay: That is not something I have implemented or looked into. If there is enough interest in having that as a feature I will give it a try.

Msan: Yes this is still being developed.
Sounds good, glad to hear it Smile
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
Hey, great soft! Any change to get the ability to add the director name to the movie section? Blush
New update is available now, its not a major change, just a small fix for an issue with crashing if no results are found for a title.

@gbasco - I'm not sure if you are describing the same problem that I have just fixed or another, try the latest update and let me know if it has changed for you.

@skzskz - It should not be to hard to setup, the data should already be available just a matter of adding in the extra placeholders.
Cool, thanks !
(2013-10-30, 15:47)joshgaby Wrote: @skzskz - It should not be to hard to setup, the data should already be available just a matter of adding in the extra placeholders.
To anyone that has been having trouble with renameIT crashing when renaming movies, I have released an update today that fixes the issue.

You can get the latest working version here
By any chance, would you consider adding iTunes metadata editing to this tool? As a Mac user, I would love to be able to inject iTunes compatible metadata into my MP4/M4V converted MKV files. I currently use Identify 2, which works well and uses IMDB and TheTVDB.org for its metadata but doesn't have a watch folders feature like renameIT.
XBMC 10.1 | Constellation | Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell m1330 | Core2Duo 2.66Ghz | 3GB RAM | 2 TB Network Storage
(2014-01-12, 03:17)DaPhatty Wrote: By any chance, would you consider adding iTunes metadata editing to this tool? As a Mac user, I would love to be able to inject iTunes compatible metadata into my MP4/M4V converted MKV files. I currently use Identify 2, which works well and uses IMDB and TheTVDB.org for its metadata but doesn't have a watch folders feature like renameIT.

I will look at adding iTunes data in a future release.

-Josh
I've been using this tool for about a week now and I must say that I absolutely love it. I have, however, come across a few instances where renameIT will not grab the correct show. For instance Spider-Man (1994) (also known as spiderman the animated series) will always try to grab from Spiderman: The New Animated Series. I've tried naming the parent folder a few different ways with no success.
No matter how i try, every movie i drag into the window comes back as a tv series. It used to work for me a while ago. It's just started to behave like this recently.

I don't see this coming up as an issue for anyone else. Am i doing something wrong?
(2014-01-24, 22:13)Stan1971 Wrote: No matter how i try, every movie i drag into the window comes back as a tv series. It used to work for me a while ago. It's just started to behave like this recently.

I don't see this coming up as an issue for anyone else. Am i doing something wrong?

You do have it set to movies right?
Other than that, what are the old titles you are trying?

-Josh
the watch folders aren't working for me on os X mavericks.

any ideas?

my plans is to have my torrents RSS feed download it though transmission, have RenameIT watch the folders, title them, move them to my bitcasa cloud and watch on pled. for this to work watch folders needs to be working or its all manual.
(2014-01-24, 22:33)joshgaby Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 22:13)Stan1971 Wrote: No matter how i try, every movie i drag into the window comes back as a tv series. It used to work for me a while ago. It's just started to behave like this recently.

You do have it set to movies right?
Other than that, what are the old titles you are trying?

-Josh

Hi Josh,

I too am having some trouble with a few movies showing up as a TV series.

I was able to narrow it down to being numbers in the movie title.

two movies that shows up at TV series:
42 (2013)
12 Years a Slave (2013)

Single Digit seems to work:
2 Guns (2013) works and is detected properly.
1 (2013) also works perfectly.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

I renamed it 22 guns and it automatically assumed it was a TV Show.

It seems if that a double digit number as the beginning of the filename will cause the program to see it as a TV show. I tried to workaround it and search for the title manually. The title does show up but I am not able to get to the details page when hitting the select button.

Hopefully this can help you find the bug I am experiencing.

I love the program and especially love the "set modified date to release date" setting.
If a movie has a dash in it the dash will not have a space infront of it. For example: The Hobbit- The Desolation Of Smaug. App also crashes when scanning a large amount of folders and files and selecting TV.com as scraper crashes app on first TV series scan.

Some files aren't being renamed once the scan has been finished as well.. all files are on an external HDD if it helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
renameIT - rename TV Series & Movies on Mac OSX [64bit only for now]2