[MOD] Custom viewtypes for specific playlists (Nox 4.09)
(2013-06-02, 22:58)schumi2004 Wrote: Download git version here (ZIP button) https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox
Remove all content in old skin folder and place git version in it.
Replace mod files and add mod media files

Add this to top of font file, below this line
<fontset id="Default" idloc="31390" unicode="true">

Code:
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar</name>
            <filename>MC360.ttf</filename>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>125</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar2</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>40</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar3</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>68</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_OscarTri</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>130</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_OscarTri2</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>70</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_OscarTri3</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>40</size>
        </font>

Activate TriPanel icon in view settings for Oscar image
Open BestPicture playlist.

I've got 2 Nucs,... one with Win8/64 loaded and this mod works great .. (some of the type is a little larger, but other than that, it's excellent! ... thanks again!)

Then on my other Nuc, I have Openelec loaded ..,.. and as soon as I change the fonts file,..., reboot,... I lose all text in the main menus, nothing, everything is blank,... Nox 4.1.9 is working, but no text, only the background panels, etc show.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I might try?

thanks again!
Legion
(2013-06-02, 22:58)schumi2004 Wrote: Download git version here (ZIP button) https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox

Code:
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>125</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar2</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>40</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar3</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>68</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>130</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>70</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>40</size>
        </font>

I've got 2 Nucs,... one with Win8/64 loaded and this mod works great .. (some of the type is a little larger, but other than that, it's excellent! ... thanks again!)

Then on my other Nuc, I have Openelec loaded ..,.. and as soon as I change the fonts file,..., reboot,... I lose all text in the main menus, nothing, everything is blank,... Nox 4.1.9 is working, but no text, only the background panels, etc show.

thanks again!
Legion

Code:
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>125</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar2</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>40</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar3</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>68</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>130</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>70</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>40</size>
        </font>

thanks again!
Legion

EDIT: My Bad,... re-edited the font file,... and everything is working as it should!
thanks
Legion
Could someone please upload all the files needed for a clean installed 4.1.9 (oscars & top250)? Just could not get this to work when I tried some time ago.. Confused
running win7 and frodo 12.2
Is there any chance to disable movieset collection just for specific playlists? I like to have moviecollection on for all my playlist, but not for imdb top 250.
Please help me! HuhHuhHuh
(2013-10-21, 17:14)AssFaceBook Wrote: Could someone please upload all the files needed for a clean installed 4.1.9 (oscars & top250)? Just could not get this to work when I tried some time ago.. Confused
running win7 and frodo 12.2

I created this for 4.09, I think some others got it working for 4.19.
I have it modified for 4.19, note I use the original version found on another post, I also modified the view type files so that they don't interfere with other views like movie sets (so it doesn't reset the views) heres all the files:

Custom Views

add the addon scripts as favorites then add them as sub menus under movies.

TOP 250 & 4.19:

Oscar & 4.19:

EDIT, I forgot to include the oscar and IMDB images, you can get those from bryanbrazil's original mod
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-11-09, 19:00)ShadowTek Wrote: I have it modified for 4.19, note I use the original version found on another post, I also modified the view type files so that they don't interfere with other views like movie sets (so it doesn't reset the views) heres all the files:

Custom Views

add the addon scripts as favorites then add them as sub menus under movies.

TOP 250 & 4.19:

Oscar & 4.19:

EDIT, I forgot to include the oscar and IMDB images, you can get those from bryanbrazil's original mod

ShadowTek can you please give me a walk through on how to install this mod? Read the beginning of this topic still quite don't understand.. Also can this mod co-exist with this one ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157923

And what do you mean Oscar/imdb images?

Thank you
ShadowTek, with your mods did you achieve to have movie sets on in the global settings and off in these two views?
@ vidario yes, because before after you viewed oscar/top 250, it would re-set the movie sets view (after clicking the set) to tri-panel, so I modified it so it won't do that as I like a different view for that, so now it wont mess with the sets global setting.

@ MS413, yes it works with that mod as I use it Smile

After you have copied everything and the scripts and playlists are in the right place, you have to assign the scripts as menu sub items, you have to pick the playlists (ie "BestPicture.xsp" and "IMDbTop250.xsp") as menu items, you can do that in the edit main menu page, its located as a sub menu under the settings menu

As for the images: Download this and copy the images to your nox media folder.
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-11-09, 22:52)ShadowTek Wrote: @ vidario yes, because before after you viewed oscar/top 250, it would re-set the movie sets view (after clicking the set) to tri-panel, so I modified it so it won't do that as I like a different view for that, so now it wont mess with the sets global setting.

@ MS413, yes it works with that mod as I use it Smile

After you have copied everything and the scripts and playlists are in the right place, you have to assign the scripts as menu sub items, you have to pick the playlists (ie "BestPicture.xsp" and "IMDbTop250.xsp") as menu items, you can do that in the edit main menu page, its located as a sub menu under the settings menu

As for the images: Download this and copy the images to your nox media folder.

Copy to NOx media folder the 1080i git version ?
Also can you add the playlists as a main menu rather then sub menu?

Thanks
Yes, I ment copy the images to the nox media folder.

Also, I messed up, once you add the scripts, add them as favorites, as you see in the image above, for type you select favorites (not playlist..opps) then you choose the favorite (that you made from the script addon) sorry about that, its been awhile..

Yes of course you can add it as a main menu item if you want to, just use two of the customized menus to do so Smile
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-11-09, 22:52)ShadowTek Wrote: @ vidario yes, because before after you viewed oscar/top 250, it would re-set the movie sets view (after clicking the set) to tri-panel, so I modified it so it won't do that as I like a different view for that, so now it wont mess with the sets global setting.

I think I'm missing something. I'm trying to adapt your mod to 4.0.9 version but I can't.
I would like to get something like this:

And not like this:

Having this setting:

I tried your mod but I always get the second image result...

Thank you very much!
Im not sure as I haven't used the repo ever, only the GIT version, also, I never use the group movies in sets either but that is odd? I'll see if I can figure out why it does that

Quick edit-- It does that on the GIT version as well... I'll look into it
Logo's Made So Far:
Hello
After spending 2 hours. It didn't work.. XBMC is really nice but the problem is its not for a new user.. I would love someone to explain to me the un-knowledgeable person how do you do this..

Does anyone have a video or step by step how to install in mod? In simple laymen terms where what files have to go where. I currently have aeon nox 419 git with all the color flags and media.

I quit for now..

Anyways thanks for the support.. Apologies..
(2013-11-10, 03:13)Eko P Wrote: Hello
After spending 2 hours. It didn't work.. XBMC is really nice but the problem is its not for a new user.. I would love someone to explain to me the un-knowledgeable person how do you do this..

Does anyone have a video or step by step how to install in mod? In simple laymen terms where what files have to go where. I currently have aeon nox 419 git with all the color flags and media.

I quit for now..

Anyways thanks for the support.. Apologies..

Ok.. Hope bryanbrazil dose not mind since you have 4.19, do this...

1. Download This and This.

2. unzip the imdb&oscarview.rar file. You will see a single folder called XBMC.

3. copy that folder to "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming" replace C:| with place you have your skins installed. replace YOUR USER NAME with well... your user name Smile

4. open the images.rar file, copy the images to "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.git\media" replace "skin.aeon.git" with what your Aeon Nox skin is called, I call mine skin.aeon.git, also replace with your username.

5. I forgot this in instructions above open the "MyVideoNav.xml"

Find :
Code:
<views>50,52,53,57,500,501,503,550,508,509,510,511,512,514,516,518</views>
Replace it with:
Code:
<views>50,52,53,57,500,501,503,550,508,509,510,511,512,514,516,518,998,999</views>
You just added 998 and 999

Then find:
Code:
<include condition="IsEmpty(Skin.String(DisableInfoPanelVL))">Viewtype_FullscreenPanel</include>
add these two line under that line:
Code:
<include>Oscars</include>
                <include>IMDb250</include>

So that area will look like this:
Code:
<include condition="IsEmpty(Skin.String(DisableInfoPanelVL))">Viewtype_FullscreenPanel</include>
                <include>Oscars</include>
                <include>IMDb250</include>

6. Run XBMC, Goto the main menu item Programs, you will see Two new icons, "IMDB Top 250 Viewtype" and "Oscar Viewtype.

7. Right click on each of those icons and select "Add to Favorites"

8. Goto Settings in main menu, in the sub menu you will see "Edit Main Menu" click that.

9. Now this is where it gets tricky... depending on how you want to add it.. as a sub menu or as a main menu item. I will cover how to add it as a sub menu as that is harder, if you want to add it as a main menu item the instructions are very similar and you should be able to figure it out through these instructions, if not let me know and I'll add them.

10. you should be in the edit main menu screen, scroll over to one of the custom menu items like custom1, custom2, etc, doesn't matter which one.

11. click on the custom menu you want to use.. a popup bock will appear, on the left you will see a list, in that list, select "set Submenu"

12. Another popup box will show, on the right you will see a list of custom sets in increments of 5. Choose on you haven't used, for this will assume "Custom Set 1 (1-5)" click it so its turned on, then on the left click no default items.

13. the the previous box will appear, right click out of that so you are back without any popups, you will now see under the custom menu 5 sub menus named "Custom 1, Custom 2, etc" or what ever set you picked. They have red x's on them, you will be using the first two of them.

14, click on "Custom 1" in the sub menu, a popup will appear, first click the disable switch so it is turned off.

15. Then click on "Choose Type" a popup will appear, then click "Favorite" A list of favorites will popup including the two view types you added earlier.

16, pick IMDB Top Viewtype"

17 click "Change Label" and name it whatever you want to call it like "IMDB Top 250" or whatever.

18. Now click the next Custom sub menu and repeat the steps to add the "oscar viewtype"

20. Ok, now you should have a Custom main menu item with a red x on it, and two sub menus that you added with new names.

21. Assuming if you are adding these as submenus, I'll guess you want to add them to movies, so.. while still in the "edit main menu screen" scroll over tp "Movies"

22. Click on "Movies" A popup will appear, on the left click on "Set Submenu" Now on the right, check the custom set you modified, for example "Custom Set 1 (1-5)" if that was it so the switch is on. Then (IMPORTANT) click "Default Movie Items" Make sure you do this so you keep the normal movie items.

23, now you can exit the edit main menu, on the normal menu goto movies and you will see the normal movie items along with the new IMDB Top 250 and Oscar items.

24. DONE!!!

Now if you would rather have main menu items rather then sub menu items, basically follow the same steps, only do it to the main custom items rather then the sub menu items.

FOR THE FONTS:
I included the modified font file, but if you would rather modify it your self open the font.xml and find:
Code:
and under that add:
Code:
<font>
            <name>Font_Oscar</name>
            <style>bold</style>
            <size>125</size>
        </font>
        <font>
            <name>Font_Oscar2</name>