[MOD] Custom viewtypes for specific playlists (Nox 4.09)
You may have seen these screenshots in the Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery thread. I found a much better way to do it by adding the controls to the existing viewtypes and making them only visible for a specific playlist. So you can continue to use the original viewtype as you wish. Included are modified versions of the TriPanel and Shift viewtypes. As shown in the screenshots, the TriPanel mod can be used with the BestPicture and IMDBTop250 playlists. The Shift mod only works with the BestPicture playlist.

Just extract the included playlist files (.xsp) to your playlist folder located at /XBMC/userdata/playlists/. Then overwrite your Nox files with the ones in this package. Be sure to backup your files first. This has only been tested with Nox 4.09.

Ignore the missing floor and top bar graphics in the screenshots...that's not part of this mod.

Download

That mod looks awesome! Thanks!

Edit: Just got a chance to try it. The font file messes up the fonts elsewhere (in the main menu, etc.) But w/o it, the shift viewtype doesn't work as well..

Edit: It works now!
(2013-05-04, 02:26)Slushy Wrote: Edit: Just got a chance to try it. The font file messes up the fonts elsewhere (in the main menu, etc.) But w/o it, the shift viewtype doesn't work as well..

Are you using 4.09? It shouldn't affect any other fonts. If you're using a different version, just copy the Oscar fonts at the beginning of the file into your Font.xml.
This works great ! Thanks for sharing :-)
(2013-05-06, 03:46)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 02:26)Slushy Wrote: Edit: Just got a chance to try it. The font file messes up the fonts elsewhere (in the main menu, etc.) But w/o it, the shift viewtype doesn't work as well..

Are you using 4.09? It shouldn't affect any other fonts. If you're using a different version, just copy the Oscar fonts at the beginning of the file into your Font.xml.

That worked! Thanks!
Thanks Bryan. Fantastic mod. Going to have a crack when i get home tonight!

EDIT - Works brilliantly. Well done Bryan!
Very cool idea man! Nice job Smile
I use latest GIT so the oscar image and top 250 image and fonts don't show up (only using tri-panel,as I use the showcase mod for showcase view) But other then that very cool.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Finally got everything working myself, however I suspect that there may have been one unintended side effect. Has anyone noticed a significant decrease in brightness for their landscape 'FanArt' images in all other menus?

For example, in my TV Shows section, everything is now very dark. Using the 'Darken' toggle in 'Background customizer' doesn't seem to do anything to change the brightness. Does anyone else see the same issue? See below:

As stated in the first post, this has only been tested with Nox 4.09. It should only affect the TriPanel/Shift views when used with the specific playlists.
(2013-05-25, 23:50)andy_boy Wrote: Finally got everything working myself, however I suspect that there may have been one unintended side effect. Has anyone noticed a significant decrease in brightness for their landscape 'FanArt' images in all other menus?

For example, in my TV Shows section, everything is now very dark. Using the 'Darken' toggle in 'Background customizer' doesn't seem to do anything to change the brightness. Does anyone else see the same issue? See below:

Look in the viewtype_shift.xml file and around line 205 change common/bgcolor.png to common/blank.png
(2013-05-25, 23:14)ShadowTek Wrote: Very cool idea man! Nice job Smile
I use latest GIT so the oscar image and top 250 image and fonts don't show up (only using tri-panel,as I use the showcase mod for showcase view) But other then that very cool.

I have it working with the latest GIT version (4.1.9). Just followed the OP's recommendation of modifying the font file instead of replacing it (adding the oscar fonts to the GIT font file). It will work.
(2013-05-26, 06:23)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Look in the viewtype_shift.xml file and around line 205 change common/bgcolor.png to common/blank.png

Thanks Kokonutcreme, I forgot that I had also manually darkened the fanart.
(2013-05-26, 17:55)Slushy Wrote:

I have it working with the latest GIT version (4.1.9). Just followed the OP's recommendation of modifying the font file instead of replacing it (adding the oscar fonts to the GIT font file). It will work.

Hi, thanks but that is what I did but may have messed up something... I'll take another look at it.

EDIT: The playlists both work just fine, but nothing else looks different as I see this:

Do you have to edit anything else in 4.1.9 other then the fonts file to get the fonts and images to show up?
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-05-26, 20:30)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2013-05-26, 17:55)Slushy Wrote:

Hi, thanks but that is what I did but may have messed up something... I'll take another look at it.

EDIT: The playlists both work just fine, but nothing else looks different as I see this:

Do you have to edit anything else in 4.1.9 other then the fonts file to get the fonts and images to show up?

Shadow, Bryan didn't mention in post 1 and maybe it isn't required for the repo version but when he first published his mod the MyIncludes file was also edited to include

Code:
<include file="Viewtype_IMDB250.xml" />
    <include file="Viewtype_Oscars.xml" />

I'm running 4.1.9 and have left those two additions in the file and it's working for me, give that a try.
Can you post the actual Viewtype_IMDB250.xml and Viewtype_Oscars.xml files that the edit above reflects?

EDIT: Actually if you still have it could you post his original mod please?
Logo's Made So Far:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Custom viewtypes for specific playlists (Nox 4.09)0