Win Acer Revo 3700 External DVD & TV Tuner
Hi Everyone.
I'm running a Revo R3700 with Win7 and XBMC 12.2 installed. I've had it setup for a few years now and usually only use it to watch movies from my NAS. A while back I think I posted about adding an external DVD drive and if I'd be able to watch DVD's through XBMC. I think at that time it wasn't working very well and I decieded not to mess with it. I was playing around in the settings last night and noticed a "Play Disc" menu option, and that resparked my intrest. Can I go buy a external DVD drive and plug it in and it will just work, or are they certain brands/models I should get, or does this even work? I usually don't watch many Blu-Ray's, but if those drives work too, then I might consider going that route as well.

My second question is related to TV. If i decied to get a USB TV tuner for the Revo, can i also use Revo as the backend for the PVR software or does it need to be on a diferent machine? Can anyone recomend a USB TV tuner for me, or will they all work? I currently have cable and have an HD DVR supplied by the company. I'm interest into hooking into this with the tv tuner, just so I can have a one stop shop for everything and don't have to switch between XBMC, cable, and DVD/Blu-Ray...thats would be sweet

Thanks for your help and I look forwrd to hearing your input!
1. Most are standard and should work out of the box with nothing to install or set up.

2. Yes. Which tuner depends on where you are in the world and what service provider you have.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 3700 External DVD & TV Tuner0