Can't play some MP4's since Frodo upgrade
Sad 
Hi All,
In the last week upgraded my mix of Win/iOS devices to Frodo 12.1 (last night to 12.2) from Eden 11. This is served by a NAS box with MySQL backend and has not missed a beat in years.

Now since the upgrade, i've found some of the kids shows that did play on Eden are hit and miss on Frodo. As in more often than not you will hit play, the buffering icon comes up and stays there, you can't stop or exit or anything. You can hit S and get shutdown dialog but further actions do nothing, you can hit X and it will remove buffering icon but then nothing. This is on both Win and iOS based installs.

But then, for no apparent reason a video that hasn't played 9 times in a row, will then work once.

I have created a debug log, and toward bottom you can see Opening - ....Force Field Trampoline.mp4

http://pastebin.com/vBWcBFzP

Huh
a.
--------
Win/ATV2/RaspBMC | MySQL | XBMC
sorry to *bump*, but need some help on what/where to look to try and resolve this. Anyone?
a.
--------
Perhaps an entirely spurious question - the format is detected as flv, yet the file has an MP4 extension. Are you renaming them, or re-wrapping them (e.g. with ffmpeg)? What happens if you try to play the file as an flv file, or if you quickly drop it into a "proper" MP4 container, or even something else?

And another random thought - what happens if you try to play the file locally, or over NFS instead of SMB?

Guessing to a very great extent, so don't hold it against me if I'm spouting bollocks!
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I thought maybe that it was detecting it as flv but wasn't sure if I was reading the log right. These are dumps done by RTMPdump, no renaming/re-wrapping being done, well unless rtmpdump does anything.
Looking at the files with MediaInfo it does show them as being Flash Video format (AVC/AAC) but as mentioned they worked flawlessly on v10/v11 xbmc, and still work on v12 but only 1/10 times.

Locally on my windows box they play fine, Media Player Classic has them as:-
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 640x360 25fps [Video]
Audio: AAC 44100Hz stereo [Audio]

Will have to read up on setting up NFS to try that out.

Again thanks for the reply.
a.
--------
Ok, so further to this issue, couldn't work out how to setup NFS but copied some files to local PC (Windows) and could play, stop, play repeatedly without problems. Then tried to open same file from SMB share and again it's just hung with "Working" in bottom right hand corner.

So seems that since moving from Eden to Frodo something a miss with playing network files, although nothing else on my network has changed between versions. Same Windows SMB server, network etc.

Any ideas how/what could have happened or possible fixes? Will go a search to see if someone has this issue as seems different to initial thoughts.
a.
--------
I'm having the same problem, some movies apparently just stopped working for some reason.
Me too, but I'm using the ever so flaky Raspbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play some MP4's since Frodo upgrade0