Art - Random changes, quality, refreshing
Just curious about a few things, well, one is a problem, other two are more just being curious

1 - I noticed on a few occasions that I'll be scrolling through my TV Series library, and realize that a poster is different than what I assigned to it. Seems random, and doesn't happen often, but, ever since switching to FRODO it's been happening. When I update my library (since I see that the scan for new files option is gone) is it randomly scraping new poster art as well? It may be happening for my movies also... can't confirm that, but for TV series I know for certain that it's happened at least 6x.

2 - For my music library, I have a folder of singles, and a folder of albums, where each album is in it's own subfolder. I tag the MP3s with album art, have a folder.jpg, and I load it into Media Player so that it creates the small album art file and hide the folder.jpg file. I noticed that when I click through the folders, instead of using the higher quality folder.jpg it seems to default to the lower resolution small album art file. When I go into the folder and click the files, it uses the higher quality jpg embedded in the MP3. Is there a way to make it default to the higher quality folder.jpg instead? Not always but in many cases there is a noticeable difference in quality.

3 - If I have a file in say the movie section of my library, when I click to view the artwork available it basically shows only what was available when initially scraped. In order to pull in new artwork (I add artwork to the TMDB whenever possible) I have to refresh and re-scrape the file again. Is there an option somewhere, so when I click to view artwork, it automatically pulls in any/all new artwork since the last time the file was scraped? I remember asking this in version 10.. hoping after 2 versions maybe it's now an option.

Not overly concerned about #2 & #3... but... would definitely like some feedback on #1 if anyone knows what's happening. Hate taking the time to change the poster art to what I like, only to have random instances where it changes on me.

Side note, I don't use nfo files or anything like that, just scrape to the xbmc db... I'm not interested in switching because I don't want the clutter of extra files in my folders... so hoping there is another "fix" to my dilemma. Smile
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
Art is only grabbed for shows when they're first added to the library. That's it, never again unless you Refresh (which is just remove followed by rescan).

Thus, random art cannot appear except for the first time they're scraped.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I dunno what to tell ya, but I've had it happen about 6x now. Maybe while the library is updating it's grabbing it?

Not sure what's happening, but, I do know when something gets changed. I'd say maybe it somehow flips back to its originally scraped image but, I clean the library often as well.

Just updated to 12.2 last night, noticed that the scan for new content option reappeared... still not certain what the difference was between it and update library was, except I guess update library did everything not just the folders/subfolder of the item clicked.

Anyways... will keep an eye open. I understand what you're saying but, I know when stuff gets changed in my library, and I'm the only one who uses it. :S
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Art - Random changes, quality, refreshing0