Default focus on Home screen menu item
I am currently using Aeon Nox 4.0.3 and can't find a way to set which home screen menu item I would like to be in focus when I first start up XBMC. I've read a couple of other threads where there have been mentions of editing an xml file but I've been unable to locate the files or lines mentioned.

Can anyone please tell me how you can change this for Aeon Nox?
Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Startup Window
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-05-04, 23:37)CaptainKen Wrote: Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Startup Window

I believe that this will actually take me straight into that particular section on startup, whereas what I'm needing to do is remain on the Home screen, but simply set the default focus on a particular menu item, for example, 'Movies' (at the moment, it defaults to focusing on 'System' on startup every time).
Interchange position of System and Movies.
(2013-05-06, 14:45)baijuxavior Wrote: Interchange position of System and Movies.

Is that the only way? I'm also interested in this but I'm used to have my menu in a specific order and don't really wan't to change the menu-order because of this.
How do I 'interchange position of system and movies'?

I don't mind doing that, if someone can please give me directions on what I need to do, that would be great.
Choosing the focus can easily be done in 4.0.9, I don't if that what the case in 4.0.3. Anyway, just try going here:
System -> Skin -> Customizers -> Main menu item customizer (backgrounds, widgets) -> Press 'UP' for 'General Options' -> Enable custom startup focus position of main menu -> Select what you wish.
(2013-05-06, 14:49)Blaxxor Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 14:45)baijuxavior Wrote: Interchange position of System and Movies.

Is that the only way? I'm also interested in this but I'm used to have my menu in a specific order and don't really wan't to change the menu-order because of this.

CutSickAss gave the correct solution.

(2013-05-06, 18:19)starnzy Wrote: How do I 'interchange position of system and movies'?

I don't mind doing that, if someone can please give me directions on what I need to do, that would be great.

To interchange positions menu items, go to System > Skin > Customizers > Main menu item customizer, click one of the menu and select the option Exchange position.
(2013-05-06, 22:11)CutSickAss Wrote: Choosing the focus can easily be done in 4.0.9, I don't if that what the case in 4.0.3. Anyway, just try going here:
System -> Skin -> Customizers -> Main menu item customizer (backgrounds, widgets) -> Press 'UP' for 'General Options' -> Enable custom startup focus position of main menu -> Select what you wish.

Perfect. I upgraded to 4.0.9 and this option has sorted things exactly as I wanted.

Thanks very much for your help!
(2013-05-06, 22:11)CutSickAss Wrote: Choosing the focus can easily be done in 4.0.9, I don't if that what the case in 4.0.3. Anyway, just try going here:

I have Aeon NOX 4.0.9 and I cannot find the Enable custom startup focus as you have shown above. any assistance on this please??
Regards,

PJ
Go to Settings > Skin > Customizers > Main Menu...

On the screen that open up, hut the up arrow...
and there is a choice for Enable Custom start....
(2013-10-24, 17:00)hernandito Wrote: Go to Settings > Skin > Customizers > Main Menu...

On the screen that open up, hut the up arrow...
and there is a choice for Enable Custom start....

i did that but have no such option coming on my screen
also, what is customize home menu furniture..i have clicked all over my screen but nothing opens up.
Regards,

PJ
Something is wrong with your skin... or you are using an old version or an off-shoot.
(2013-10-26, 17:11)hernandito Wrote: Something is wrong with your skin... or you are using an old version or an off-shoot.

it's 4.0.9 installed through the XBMC download and install...
maybe I will remove and reinstall it...
Regards,

PJ
anyway to do this on 5.8.6? i must be missing sometihng

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default focus on Home screen menu item0