SMB Errors: GetDirectory (smb:...) failed
mine is :

smb://192.168.0.190/public/music/

if there is subfolders under music, i cannot read them...

martin
(laforcem @ nov. 25 2005,20:55 Wrote:mine is :

smb://192.168.0.190/public/music/

if there is subfolders under music, i cannot read them...

martin
the more people that post their logs with the debuglevel to 10 for samba, there better. that way we can compare the similarities and hopefully find a solution.

i'm hoping darkie or somebody knowledgable with the samba client code in xbmc will have an idea after looking at the logs.

so, please do the same as majikmaker and show the logs (loglevel to 0 and debuglevel to 10).

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
in my case: my share from the xml is:
-----------------------------------------------------------
<bookmark>
<name>media_drive_testfolderx</name>
<path>smb://xbox:[email protected]/testfolderx/</path>
</bookmark>
i also tried this - but it yields the same result...
smb://192.168.1.133/testfolderx/
------------------------------------------------------------
just for kicks, i tried this as well:
<path>smb://</path>

which opens up with the workgroup name, i then browsed to the folder manually - but it didn't make any difference...
it would be really nice if we could get some server log files, at least we can then see why the request from xbmc is rejected (or maybe not).
also, try to use 'smb://192.168.1.133/testfolderx' without the back slash instead of 'smb://192.168.1.133/testfolderx/', if that does not work, post the xbmc.log file too with samba debug level set to 10.
what you could try too, is to use ethereal to capture all smb information and save it to a file that we can open again. ethereal provides much nicer info than the log files we are dealing with now Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

if this may help:

my smb config is :

<bookmark>
<name>landisk</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.190/public/musique</path>
</bookmark>

debug info at level 10 is:

26-11-2005 15:46:18 error smbdirectory->getdirectory: unable to open directory : 'smb://192.168.0.190/public/musique'
unix_err:'2' nt_err : '0' error : 'success'
26-11-2005 15:46:18 error getdirectory(smb://192.168.0.190/public/musique) failed

server information is
2005/11/26 15:41:27 [laforcem] (from 192.168.0.103) log in
2005/11/26 15:46:21 smb: connect path: Huh

how may i use ethereal on the xbox ?
(since i cannot put it on the landisk)

martin

(laforcem @ nov. 26 2005,20:57 Wrote:if this may help:

my smb config is :

<bookmark>
<name>landisk</name>
<path>smb://192.168.0.190/public/musique</path>
</bookmark>

debug info at level 10 is:

26-11-2005 15:46:18 error smbdirectory->getdirectory: unable to open directory : 'smb://192.168.0.190/public/musique'
unix_err:'2' nt_err : '0' error : 'success'
26-11-2005 15:46:18 error getdirectory(smb://192.168.0.190/public/musique) failed

server information is
2005/11/26 15:41:27 [laforcem] (from 192.168.0.103) log in
2005/11/26 15:46:21 smb: connect path: Huh

how may i use ethereal on the xbox ?
(since i cannot put it on the landisk)

martin
please re-read my post so that you can properly set the debug and then link to the full log that you have pasted at pastebin.com. your log should look like majikmaker's.

ts

Star 
to answer the previous question - it seems that ethereal doesn't need to be on the actual machine itself to work, i was able to run it from my laptop and capture all the packets on the network while i did the browse from xbmc to the nat:
-------------
keep in mind i have no idea what i am doing at this point, but here is what i have done:
---
i ran ethereal and captured all the packets during the xbmc browse to the nat, i exported the data as plain text, with all packets expanded to the following logfiles:

a> the packets captured from the complete negotiation, listed sequentially:
http://pastebin.ca/31368

b> the packets captured from the complete negotiation,filtered for just the xbox ip address:
http://pastebin.ca/31369

c> the packets captured from the complete negotiation,filtered for just the nat ip address:
http://pastebin.ca/31370

d> the corresponding xbmc logfile during the negotiation:
http://pastebin.ca/31373

hope this helps!

bryan (majikmaker)
Exclamation 
oops! ...here is that xbmc logfile (debug level 0 / samba debug level 10)

http://pastebin.ca/31374
Wink 
i'm having similar problems but my smb share seems to be working. i can browse the folders and files but when i click on a .ifo file to play it xbmc hangs and i am forced to power off and on the xbox.

not sure what i did to mess this up but it was working just fine at one point. then my raid crashed on my file server so i had to rebuild it and recover the lost media from a friend. since then i am unable to play movies. there are no errors reported in my server event logs.

i switched logging to 0 and the debug level to 10 but the log file gets so big i can't paste the whole log into pastebin so i'm attaching what i hope is a relevent piece of it.

portion of log

zboxmediacenter.xml

i sure hope this helps. i've been pulling my hair out here. i guess i should try replacing the patch cable next. when all else fails step back right? :-d

tink
it sounds to me like you are having a different problem, but just out of curiosity, what kind (make/model) of network drive are you using?

mjm
my network drive is a bytecc landisk me-850.

it's a vgear chipset. the same as many other landisk enclosure like the argossy hd363n.

i have the feeling that the smb client on the xbmc do not send a full smb "change directory" command. this command is working against windows but not against the landisk.

i would be curious to see what command windows send to the landisk vs the one that xbmc is doing.

martin
it seems that it is not the correct information from ethereal. to capture 'hopefully the correct' packets. start up ethereal.
- capture -> start
- make sure 'capture packets in promiscuous mode' is enabled
- select the correct interface
- put 'host 192.168.0.1' in capture filter, where 192.168.0.1 is your xbox ip.
- click ok and capture all the packets during the period the xbox is connecting with your server.
- file -> save as
- file type = libpcap
- save the file

you can upload the file to our server in case you do not have any web space.

the xbmc upload site is here:

http://www.nightfalltech.com/upload/login.asp

ts

i have three nas devices on my network:

1) linksys nslu2
2) bytecc landisk me-850
3) rj tech landrive (also branded as hotway landrive or usbex landrive)

the hdd's connected to the linksys nslu2 works flawlessly with xbmc (it's an early november xbmc build). i can read every folder (i have some folders that are 20 deep) and file.

the bytecc me-850 gives me the "error success" message.

the rj tech landrive also gives me the "error success" message.

my share from the xml is:
<bookmark>
<name>nslu2</name>
<path>smb://192.168.2.200/</path>
</bookmark>

<bookmark>
<name>landisk me-850</name>
<path>smb://192.168.2.201/</path>
</bookmark

<bookmark>
<name>rj tech landrive</name>
<path>smb://192.168.2.202/</path>
</bookmark

would it be useful/helpful if i sent you my xbmc logfiles (debug level 0 / samba debug level 10) and ethereal file for all three devices?

this may give you a good base for comparison between a successful nas device (nslu2) and two nas devices that are not.

i'd love to see this issue get resolved ... i'll even send the xbmc developer team my bytecc landisk me-850 if it would help get them to fix it sooner.

let me know if i should proceed and if this could help your cause.

yes, providing all those details (log and ethereal) for each would certainly help!

please do so!

ts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Errors: GetDirectory (smb:...) failed0