Airplay from iPhone comes out mono only!?
I am having the strangest issue! XBMC plays everything form my mac normally, in stereo/Dolby, but when I airplay to XBMC, it comes out from one speaker only. I'm playing from an iPhone5. Does anyone have a similar issue? This is so weird!
I just noticed that when I put it through headphones, it works in stereo when I airplay. But not through the receiver. I would think there is something wrong with my receiver, but it plays stereo when I play music from the mac. It's only when I use Airplay and output HDMI it comes out of one speaker only. Is this some HDMI issue with XBMC?
What are your audio settings in XBMC and in Audio-Midi-Setup in OSX?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
In XBMC, I have 5.1 selected. Output is to HDMI None of the options change the symptom when I put them on / off.

In the Audio-midi setup, HDMI is set to 8-24 bit channel integer. 44100Hz. The volume knobs are greyed out. Clock source is set to default. Not much I can touch in this setup.
Please set audio-midi setup to 2.0 and in XBMC set speaker config to 2.0 or 2.1 - just for testing if this gives you proper stereo sound from airplay sources.

If you are only using AC3 and DTS with an external receiver (e.x. no AAC 5.1) you can even leave the setting at 2.0 as it is passed through to the amp which will result in 5.1 sound anyways (independend of the speakerconfig...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks Memphiz! That worked! I'll see how other sounds are affected. I tried a DTS movie, and it worked with DTS, so you are correct on that front as well!

So now we know how to fix it. But would you know why it is doing this? I'm merely curious as to why it is doing this. I've never had this issue streaming music or movies to this receiver in over a year that I've had it. This is the first time it has done that. Any idea what is going on in the back-end that is causing this?
We have issues with channel mapping since frodo 12.1 and are not able to fix it yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay from iPhone comes out mono only!?1