• 9(current)
Win Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool
(2014-12-21, 14:02)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 08:45)olsonbri Wrote: This tool is worth more than gold. Thank you baijuxavior for your magic!

Thank you.

Great to see that you are still around Smile

It is indeed a most excellent tool and thanks ever so much for sharing it with us.
Just popped in to say thanks! I now have Kodi launching with the green button, I can use context properly ans as a bonus I've mapped the Windows key to a button so I can switch between start screen and apps.

You sir, are a genius!
(2015-01-07, 15:53)Bullsboy Wrote: Just popped in to say thanks! I now have Kodi launching with the green button, I can use context properly ans as a bonus I've mapped the Windows key to a button so I can switch between start screen and apps.

You sir, are a genius!

You are welcome. Thanks.
baijuxavior:
I was unable to connect to https://www.box.com/s/6zab0xg9k3n3wl09wtm7
The file is not the latest version on the http://mce-remote-mapper.googlecode.com/...Mapper.exe
There is no executable binary file on GitHub.

The Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool seems so great.
But I cannot get it from www.box.com.
Please mirror the latest binary file on the GitHub.
Thank You.
Here is a video on how to remap with this tool.

(2015-01-31, 15:44)jack6th Wrote: baijuxavior:
The file is not the latest version on the http://mce-remote-mapper.googlecode.com/...Mapper.exe

Thank You.

Are you not able to download from box.com? I will upload the exe to the git source and let you know.

(2015-02-02, 07:38)vitalyg149 Wrote: Here is a video on how to remap with this tool.

Great tutorial! I have pasted a link in the main post. Thanks.
(2015-01-31, 15:44)jack6th Wrote: baijuxavior:

Thank You.

I have updated the git source to include the exe also. Try it.
Smile 
I have downloaded it from GItHub.
Thank you very much.
First off, great application. I've been able to use this app to map and old 360 mce remote I had lying around as well as my harmony remote to work with my windows 8.1 based gotham install.

At any rate, everything works fine except for one minor issue. Sometimes it appears my IR remote stops controlling kodi and instead starts controlling my actual desktop (ex. highlighting icons on the desktop while I'm navigating around in kodi, etc).If I exit kodi and re-enter everything is fine again. Not sure if this is happening because of the remapping I've done or some other reason.

To sum it up, kodi is still fullscreen in the foreground however none of my remote commands are interpreted by kodi/xbmc. However, the navigation commands are still being received by the desktop as I can see it hightlighting icons on my desktop which momentarily shows a little textbox in kodi

Please let me know if I've posted this in the wrong forum and I can move it.

Thanks
(2015-02-06, 21:05)ikecomp Wrote: First off, great application. I've been able to use this app to map and old 360 mce remote I had lying around as well as my harmony remote to work with my windows 8.1 based gotham install.

At any rate, everything works fine except for one minor issue. Sometimes it appears my IR remote stops controlling kodi and instead starts controlling my actual desktop (ex. highlighting icons on the desktop while I'm navigating around in kodi, etc).If I exit kodi and re-enter everything is fine again. Not sure if this is happening because of the remapping I've done or some other reason.

To sum it up, kodi is still fullscreen in the foreground however none of my remote commands are interpreted by kodi/xbmc. However, the navigation commands are still being received by the desktop as I can see it hightlighting icons on my desktop which momentarily shows a little textbox in kodi

Please let me know if I've posted this in the wrong forum and I can move it.

Thanks

Next time this happens, mouse click kodi window and try the remote. If it works then the problem is with kodi losing focus.
This app is the best!

Only thing I can't find is the menu button in MCE Remote Mapper Tool!
(2015-02-23, 21:42)eikum Wrote: This app is the best!

Only thing I can't find is the menu button in MCE Remote Mapper Tool!

Thanks.

I could not find a menu button entry in the mce code description. Can you post an image of your remote and the menu button?
I've used this for a while now but I would like to roll back the changes I made with it and instead work on customizing the keyboard.xml file?

Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool has worked great for me, but now that I have a Chromebox in another room I need to be able to have both machines using the same mapped buttons. I don't want to have to maintain windows registry entries in Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool for my Windows PC, and then have to maintain an equivalent keyboard.xml file for my Chromebox. I want to be able to make changes, and then drag and drop them onto the other machine and have them be the same.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
(2015-03-04, 02:13)the block Wrote: I've used this for a while now but I would like to roll back the changes I made with it and instead work on customizing the keyboard.xml file?

Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool has worked great for me, but now that I have a Chromebox in another room I need to be able to have both machines using the same mapped buttons. I don't want to have to maintain windows registry entries in Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool for my Windows PC, and then have to maintain an equivalent keyboard.xml file for my Chromebox. I want to be able to make changes, and then drag and drop them onto the other machine and have them be the same.

The tool will not change the ir codes, it just modifies the registry settings of the pc to which it is connected. The remote will work in default key settings when you connect it to a new pc. You can rollback to your old settings from the tool.
(2015-03-04, 04:30)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-03-04, 02:13)the block Wrote: I've used this for a while now but I would like to roll back the changes I made with it and instead work on customizing the keyboard.xml file?

The tool will not change the ir codes, it just modifies the registry settings of the pc to which it is connected. The remote will work in default key settings when you connect it to a new pc. You can rollback to your old settings from the tool.

I guess I would just roll back with "Load Original MCE" and apply that to the registry? That will bring me back to Vanilla? Thank you
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool3