Win Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool
Hello baijuxavior,

Thank you for all your hard work! I have an Intel NUC with Windows 7 64bit on it that has the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver". I purchased a Dell RC6 MCE remote here. I have used your software to change various buttons with success. However, I cannot seem to get the Windows button remapped. If I remap the Windows button with your software the button doesn't function. When I restore the backup it launches Windows Media Center. I tried using Showkey but nothing registers when pressing the Windows button on the remote as if it doesn't exist, but other buttons register just fine.

That being said...am I doing something wrong?

What I am trying to do is remap the Windows button on the remote to launch Plex. The way I am going to accomplish this is to put a Plex shortcut on the desktop and give it a shortcut command. Then match the shortcut command with the Windows button on the remote. I have successfully been able to accomplish this using the color buttons, red/blue/green/yellow, and I am sure other keys will work for this setup but for the life of me I wanted to make the Windows button the button to press to launch Plex and it just won't remap for some reason. If by chance the Windows button CANNOT be remapped for whatever reason, my other idea would be to find the Windows Media Center executable it is launching when pressing the Windows button on the remote, delete it and put a plex shortcut there with the same name as the Windows Media Center executable. So in a way kind of tricking it into thinking it is launching Windows Media Center but instead launching Plex. Do you think this is plausible?

I look forward to your reply!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - by o007 - 2013-10-22, 19:28
RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - by o007 - 2014-01-19, 02:07
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - by Kpitn - 2013-06-11, 18:07
RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - by o007 - 2013-10-22, 00:03
RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - by o007 - 2013-10-22, 18:52
RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - by Theroz - 2015-05-15, 00:24
RE: Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool - by mtrr - 2017-04-09, 07:48
Netflix challenge - by Jutzi - 2019-06-06, 14:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool3