• 11(current)
Win Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool
(2015-04-30, 11:16)YaPaY Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 15:04)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 21:42)eikum Wrote: This app is the best!

Only thing I can't find is the menu button in MCE Remote Mapper Tool!

Thanks.

I could not find a menu button entry in the mce code description. Can you post an image of your remote and the menu button?

+1

I can't assign any command to menu button. Could you please help us.

Here is the picture of remote.

Sorry, I don't have this remote. I cannot update the program without knowing the button code for the 'menu' button.

This may be useful http://www.tenniswood.co.uk/windows/how-...ia-center/

As per this guide the button code for 'menu' is '24' which is 'DVD Menu' in the mapper tool. Try changing the DVD Menu button.
Thanks @baijuxavior,

I will look it. Another question. Some users saying that with this remote any user can type text with the help of numeric keys. Is that possible and how? (I think thi s method similar like it is a kind of old school sms typing 1x1=A 1x2=B etc..) but I am not sure
(2015-04-30, 14:12)YaPaY Wrote: Thanks @baijuxavior,

I will look it. Another question. Some users saying that with this remote any user can type text with the help of numeric keys. Is that possible and how? (I think thi s method similar like it is a kind of old school sms typing 1x1=A 1x2=B etc..) but I am not sure

My mce remote does that in xbmc/kodi. Not sure about your model of remote.
Hello baijuxavior

I have used your software successfully with several different remotes. I have recently purchased a Lenovo Remote Model:RC2604319/01BG and no mater what I do I can not remap any buttons.I have tried to map the red button to oempipe, and several other buttons. But no joy it just wont take. Do you know if the Lenovo remote I have is incompatible? I have scoured the internet and can't find any answers regarding this situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. And awesome software sir.
(2015-05-13, 02:26)cjhurd78 Wrote: Hello baijuxavior

I have used your software successfully with several different remotes. I have recently purchased a Lenovo Remote Model:RC2604319/01BG and no mater what I do I can not remap any buttons.I have tried to map the red button to oempipe, and several other buttons. But no joy it just wont take. Do you know if the Lenovo remote I have is incompatible? I have scoured the internet and can't find any answers regarding this situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. And awesome software sir.

First ensure that it is a proper rc6 remote from the device manager. Also run the tool with administrator rights and reboot. If it doesn't work then I think the remote is not rc6.
Hello baijuxavior,

Thank you for all your hard work! I have an Intel NUC with Windows 7 64bit on it that has the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver". I purchased a Dell RC6 MCE remote here. I have used your software to change various buttons with success. However, I cannot seem to get the Windows button remapped. If I remap the Windows button with your software the button doesn't function. When I restore the backup it launches Windows Media Center. I tried using Showkey but nothing registers when pressing the Windows button on the remote as if it doesn't exist, but other buttons register just fine.

That being said...am I doing something wrong?

What I am trying to do is remap the Windows button on the remote to launch Plex. The way I am going to accomplish this is to put a Plex shortcut on the desktop and give it a shortcut command. Then match the shortcut command with the Windows button on the remote. I have successfully been able to accomplish this using the color buttons, red/blue/green/yellow, and I am sure other keys will work for this setup but for the life of me I wanted to make the Windows button the button to press to launch Plex and it just won't remap for some reason. If by chance the Windows button CANNOT be remapped for whatever reason, my other idea would be to find the Windows Media Center executable it is launching when pressing the Windows button on the remote, delete it and put a plex shortcut there with the same name as the Windows Media Center executable. So in a way kind of tricking it into thinking it is launching Windows Media Center but instead launching Plex. Do you think this is plausible?

I look forward to your reply!
(2015-05-15, 00:24)Theroz Wrote: Hello baijuxavior,

Thank you for all your hard work! I have an Intel NUC with Windows 7 64bit on it that has the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver". I purchased a Dell RC6 MCE remote here. I have used your software to change various buttons with success. However, I cannot seem to get the Windows button remapped. If I remap the Windows button with your software the button doesn't function. When I restore the backup it launches Windows Media Center. I tried using Showkey but nothing registers when pressing the Windows button on the remote as if it doesn't exist, but other buttons register just fine.

That being said...am I doing something wrong?

What I am trying to do is remap the Windows button on the remote to launch Plex. The way I am going to accomplish this is to put a Plex shortcut on the desktop and give it a shortcut command. Then match the shortcut command with the Windows button on the remote. I have successfully been able to accomplish this using the color buttons, red/blue/green/yellow, and I am sure other keys will work for this setup but for the life of me I wanted to make the Windows button the button to press to launch Plex and it just won't remap for some reason. If by chance the Windows button CANNOT be remapped for whatever reason, my other idea would be to find the Windows Media Center executable it is launching when pressing the Windows button on the remote, delete it and put a plex shortcut there with the same name as the Windows Media Center executable. So in a way kind of tricking it into thinking it is launching Windows Media Center but instead launching Plex. Do you think this is plausible?

I look forward to your reply!

I have no idea why the windows button cannot be remapped. By default, this button sends 'Win+Alt+Enter'. What is the code shown in mce mapper tool? Run the tool with admin privileges zand reboot.

Even if you can't remap the windows button, you can launch Plex using autohotkey scripts. It is very easy. Install autohotkey, rightclick desktop > New autohotkey script. Open this file in notepad (right click the file > Edit) and add the following lines:

Code:
#!Enter:: ; Win+Alt+Enter shortcut key
run, c:\program files\plex\plex.exe ; replace with correct file path.
return

Save the file, right click and select compile to get exe file. Drop this exe file in your autostart folder so that it starts everytime you starts Windows. You can also put the script file instead of exe. But autohotkey should be installed in the system. Exe will work in any system without autohotkey.
Thanks for your reply.

In your software it shows a blank menu bar as if nothing is assigned to the button. But when I select the blank menu bar I get a whole list of options to choose from which I have tried to assign to the button but it doesn't work.

I also tried your autokey advice and still when I press the Windows button on the remote I get Windows Media Center instead of Plex. It is as if the Windows Media Center button is not mapped to anything and hard coded to launch Windows Media Center. But the Windows button has to be sending some kind of code but the ShowKey program does not display anything when pressing the Windows button. Instead Windows Media Center pops up. But when I press any other button on the remote, ShowKey works and shows the appropriate mapped key. Any Ideas?

After further testing, I pressed WIN + ALT + ENTER while the autokey script was loaded and Plex came up just fine. So this indicates that the script is working. But when I press the Windows button on the remote, Windows Media Center pops up. This must mean that the Windows button on the remote launches Windows Media Center a different way. Either a different button combination or an unreadable or unknown IR code. Is there another button combination that launches Windows Media Center other then WIN + ALT + ENTER?
(2015-05-15, 19:02)Theroz Wrote: After further testing, I pressed WIN + ALT + ENTER while the autokey script was loaded and Plex came up just fine. So this indicates that the script is working. But when I press the Windows button on the remote, Windows Media Center pops up. This must mean that the Windows button on the remote launches Windows Media Center a different way. Either a different button combination or an unreadable or unknown IR code. Is there another button combination that launches Windows Media Center other then WIN + ALT + ENTER?

Is there any 'unknown' keys listed in the mapper tool? Probably your ir receiver uses a different set of key combination for green button. You can try eventghost with mce plugin if nothing works.
Quote:Is there any 'unknown' keys listed in the mapper tool? Probably your ir receiver uses a different set of key combination for green button. You can try eventghost with mce plugin if nothing works.

There does not seem to be any "unknown" key listed in the mapper tool. I started with the Eventghost and mce plugin option. To my understanding this is supposed to allow me to understand what IR code the Windows remote button is using or to bypass that and just remap it to launch Plex?

So I have installed Eventghost, installed the Mce Plugin Vist/Win7 from within Eventghost, I installed the AlternateMceIrInstaller_x64.msi and the AlternateMceIrService_x64.exe files stated in this forum http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopi...f=2&t=1789 and rebooted. Now none of the buttons on the remote seem to register with the computer. I launch Eventghost and Eventghost doesn't see anything happening from the remote either.

The one thing that the forum explains is that I have to create a service to elevate the MCE driver and then it will work but doesn't explain how to do that. Here it is word for word.

"The current MceRemote plugin relies on a dll that won't work on Vista/Win7 unless it is called with elevated privileges. This is a known problem, and it arises from the fact that Windows installs the IR receiver's driver with restricted access controls. For more detail, you can reference this thread or this one.

In order to solve this problem, I've followed the path MediaPortal took, which is to create a windows service that attaches to the driver. The service is installed and runs at elevated rights, so it can connect to the IR driver. Any received messages are then pushed out on a NamedPipe, which is created at "normal" privilege. A new EG plugin can then connect to this pipe to handle IR events."

That being said is the AlternateMceIrService_x64.exe I installed supposed to install elevated? When I go into services I can see that AlternateMceIrService is running but it states "non-elevated". Maybe this is why Eventghost is not seeing the buttons pressed on the remote.

Any advise on this baijuxavior?
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for this great tool. Saves the hassle of editing the registry manually! So yeah, thanks!
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
I just wanted to chime in as well.
Great tool and sure saves a lot of time mapping my MCE remotes.

Thank You baijuxavior
Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind if I will ask you for some small help here. I asked already in other topic but didn't get any answer.

I bought the HP MCE remote controller + IR receiver (HP OVU400102/71). I have model no.3 from picture

Since few days I'm trying to get it work, but without any positive results.
My system (windows 7 Ultimate x64) recognize it in Device Manager as:
(In HID): Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver
(In Universal Serial Bus Controllers): eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)

In controller are two new batteries installed and I can see red led light on it when I press any of the buttons.
I see on back side of the cover a small instruction with pressing "i" and "#" but not sure if I have to press and hold them for 5 second simultaneously or one by one. I assume I should press them simultaneously but after 5sec I receive 4 led blinks so I must repeat this step. I did it many times already.
Is it some kind of activation for this controller?

And apart of this, does this IR receiver have some led light that should blink (like on controller when I press any button)?

I have tried few different approaches to get it work, including uninstalling drives so system can recognize it again.
I tried to run autohotkey with GBS script, also installed later Xbmccustomregis v2.80.01.
I ran Showkey but it shows me nothing when I press any of the keys on controller.

I checked if I have in registry "745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da" entry like it was mentioned (I guess also in this topic) and yes, I do have it with "RC6 based MCE remote" RemoteName.
EnableDebounce: 1

I have found somewhere (on this or other forum) that it maybe a good idea to turn off "EnableDebounce" for other Remotes like:
745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57db
745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57dc
...and for more two of them. Still no luck.

Maybe I missed something, maybe not. I have no idea why it doesn't work.
That's why I would like to ask you for your help/ideas what else I can do.

Regards,
Markos
@Markos: Sorry, I dont have this remote control. I think your remote has learning capacity to copy ir codes from other remotes. Please refer the remote control manual. There should be an option to use it as mce remote.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool3