• 12(current)
Win Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool
Hi baijuxavior,
Thanks for quick respond.
Since I'm not English native speaker, I'm not sure what do you mean by this sentence:
Quote:Please refer the remote control manual.
There was no manual (instruction) if it is what you meant.
As well as there is no extra drivers provided by HP.

Few days ago Ihave asked on their (HP) support forum for help, but since then no one contacted me.
Hi again,

Problem is solved. I have contacted a seller and he informed me that he probably sent a non-rc6 remote controller.
And indeed it was a problem. I received today a new item and it works great with a receiver.

Cheers
I'm having an issue with one button on this remote. It's a Rosewill, cheapo model from Newegg.

I don't see any mapping for the Radio button. There are no Unknown buttons listed in the mapping tool. It launchs WMC and goes straight to the Radio section, but I'd like to change it.

Thanks

(2015-11-14, 11:22)gobuchul74 Wrote: I'm having an issue with one button on this remote. It's a Rosewill, cheapo model from Newegg.
If using Kodi, what you could try to solve this is manually assign a function to the 'radio' button using the keymap editor addon. It's there in the kodi repo and it's what i used to make some buttons usable that are not listed in this tool.
In keymap editor you can just pick an action and press the key you want to assign it to.
HI, I am having problems with the application. When I open the .exe I do not see any of the buttons on the right hand side to save to registry, etc. I am using windows 10 64bit.

-Thank you for your help.
Haha, I am posting this minutes after I posted my question.

It literally took me 45 seconds to fix the problem after an hours worth of trying.

Right click the .exe and run the compatibility troubleshooter.

A dialogue box will come back saying that it is going to try to run it like Windows 8.

You will hit ok and try, but it won't work, so on the next dialogue box, manually select the boxes for it not displaying correctly, and that it needs permissions.

That should make it work!
Hi there,

Since Win 10 Anniversary Update broke MCE Remote registry settings, I had a try at this tool, but no luck.

Did I get it right ? Purpose of this tool is to associate remote control action on the left to keypress actions in the "key" column right ?

I had a try with two of them, but no effect on Kodi.

Thanks,

Mambobuzzz
Hi Mambobuzzz,

Not an expert here ... but I'll tell you what worked for me ...

Went to this site: http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html

Look for "2.0 Registry Config:"

Downloaded the registry file for Windows 8 and ....most of the keys now work.

Not the green key though. Hope it helps!

Vulcanoid
Mambobuzzz,
I can se you have found a Work around on another thread.
1. Roll back before the update.
2. Back Up the reg using this tool.
3. Now update and load the reg with the tool into Win reg?.

I Did it today. Fixed All and the green button Works fine.
Kind of lucky I found this thread, but yeah, Windows 10 1607 anniversary update jacked my RC6 remote up on my INTEL NUC.... tried a few of the fixes didn't work for me. My remote doesn't work at all, swapped batteries a few times to make sure as well.

I tried this:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=85839

no luck.

Any ideas?
I just tried this today using windows 10. It appears to work, but the remote is not changing what any of the functions do so I'm guessing this won't work anymore?
any ideas how to fix?
(2016-10-18, 05:35)vivithemage Wrote: any ideas how to fix?

Nope. Ive posted a few mce remote questions on here about mapping and dont seem to get any response either. Very surprising seeing as its surely one of the bigger hardware customisations you can usually do with media centre setups.
(2016-10-19, 14:58)eetaylog Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 05:35)vivithemage Wrote: any ideas how to fix?

Nope. Ive posted a few mce remote questions on here about mapping and dont seem to get any response either. Very surprising seeing as its surely one of the bigger hardware customisations you can usually do with media centre setups.

crap, I might have to try for openelec or something then... or just keep using the kodi remote app, at least that works.
Hey guys, so I'm running two systems with two MCE remotes. (Windows 10 and Windows 7).
The windows 10 system was worked fine having the Windows Button on the remote acting as a shortcut until a few days ago and now does nothing. I think someone above said it was a registry issue. I'll have to play with that shortly.

The Windows 7 laptop is the problem. I open the program in Admin mode, set the shortcut to CTRL ALT P (and then set my "Plex Home Theater" to open via that shortcut, testing it out with the keyboard as well).
I save the only one change to the registry, then I restart the system as the Mapper tells me to.
WMC opens instead of the acting like the shortcut the mapper was supposed to set the green button to.
Any ideas what I might be missing? Is there a specific registry value I could potentially edit manually (would anyone be willing to post copies of the keys/values in that case)?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool3