Android Android Hisense H7 55" TV Volume Issue
Hi all,

I have an issue with a Hisense H7 55" TV running VIDAA. It's a jelly bean(4.2) based android OS TV. http://www.hisense-usa.com/tvs/H7/55/51

I have Kodi 14.1 installed on it.

Whenever I start Kodi, the volume automatically starts at 100. Is there a way for it to not start so high. If I lower it, it also sometimes reverts back to 100 which is very loud for the TV.

A solution to this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Kodi does indeed turn up the Android-OS volume level when it launches. This is because on most hardware the volume control only does Kodi volume or Android volume, so if both are turned down then you can never turn the volume fully up. There probably wasn't any Android TVs around when this was done. I bet an option could be added for users such as yourself, if we ask nicely of the devs :)
Yeah, the use case definitely deserves a fix. Will look into that
Could you test http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk (Helix) and report whether it solves your issue, please.
I have this problem with a different model.
when I installed this alpha verstion th TV lost it abbility to play any sound.

tried uninstalling it and still there was no sound
Please be clearer. Do you mean you TV does'nt produce any sound anymore even outside Kodi?
What happens when you try to increase volume on your remote?
That exactly what happened.
When I tried to increase the volume, even outside kodi it stayed mute.
The icon mute was off icon but the volume level (number from 1-99) was missing.
Playing with volume keys or mute key didn't matter.
I think kodi removed something from the os.
Removing kodi didn't work, only restore to factory settings.
The posted test version fixed the volume issue on the Hisense TV. Thanks so much for taking the time to fix the issue.
hello, I was wondering if someone kind enough could help me. I also have the same problem going on the same tv ( Hisense H7) volume goes all the way up to 100% . I have clicked on the above link provided by Koying but nothing happened. Am I doing anything wrong or the link is not longer valid? I will really appreciate any help, thanks.
The fix has now been incorporated. You can use Kodi 15 beta1 to get it.
Thanks so much it worked like a charm!
I'm having the same problem with the same TV, I have kodi 15.2. I have no idea how to fix this from these answers what should I do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Hisense H7 55" TV Volume Issue0