DVBviewer - changing channels / deinterlacing
Hello community,

I've been using DVBviewer for a couple of years now and I'm thinking about migrating to XMBC using the DVBviewer PVR plugin.
The basic setup works fine... I can select channels from the menu and watch everything from my favourites.xml list. Unfortunately I can't zapp (channel +/-) or jump to a channel by selecting the number, i.e. "7". Everytime I try to change channels it just hooks up and a couple of seconds later I end up in the TV channels list.

I can however change channels using the list, at any time. Hence I assume it must be a minor configuration issue.

Another issue that's bugging me is DXVA deinterlacing. How can I set deinterlacing to "auto" for all TV channels? Atm it's set to "disabled" and I have to enable it for every single channel using the OSD. That's quite annoying for 50+ channels. Is there a better way?

EDIT:
I'm on Windows 7, XMBC 12.2 (installed yesterday) and DVBrecording Service v1.25 and the DVBviewer PVR addon bundled with xbmc (can't recall the exact version no)
Hi there,

there is another thread related to the channel switching problem (number, up/down keys and from picking channel from OSD list - not the epg one). You can find it here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163469

A ticket has been created on track as it affects linux/window and from what you can read other pvr addons as well. I hope they fix it very soon, as this makes the pvr unusable atm.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14307

I have the same setup as you + latest nightlies (same problem there). I already checked the xbmc git - seems they introduced the bug somewhere round the 7th of April as I have found some commit that might affect the channel full screen video routine.

Cheers,

h3ll
Although I don't really like what I'm reading, thank your very much for detailed answer Smile

I'm really excited to see it working properly... I've never tried xbmc before, but I'm starting to like it. Wink
Regarding the deinterlacer - what kind of graphic card do you have - I remember I had similar problems, espacially on some hd channels and somehow resolved them (without adjusting every single channel).

Will check - maybe can give you an answer ...
When you turn the interlacer to auto go down to the bottom of the dialog box and click "set as default for all movies" (or words to that effect).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yepp - that what I did - besides I changed the settings of my card to "prefer video playback" somewhere in advanced settings in windows for the driver.

h3ll
Thank you guys, I totally overlooked the "set as default" option at the bottom of the settings screen. Now a fix for the channel change issue and I'm happy! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBviewer - changing channels / deinterlacing0