A media center with no volume?
I am kinda of late to this party, but have been building my loss less music and high quality artwork for a number of years, waiting for the time I could display and play them on my home theater system. I do not have a flat screen, and no remote for XMBC, but I see the potential.

My question, one is there is no global volume. It seems intuitive (like VLC) a easily accessed volume should be up front and center. There must be a trick I don't know about, I have only know about XBMC for two weeks and I am already thinking of the future, I am not a coder, but I worked in home theater installs in the 90's and dreamed of something like this back then.

Kudos guys for all the hard work.
Like a Bluray player or cable box, the TV or AVR is the likely place for volume control. With HDMI or digital out, it makes little sense to control from HTPC.

But it can be done from the PC if you are using analog out. Google XBMC Volume and you'll find what you need. The + and - keys control volume when your setup allows.
I believe code has been added (or is going to be added) for a GUI volume slider. Various skins will need to choose to use it or not, though.

Most people control the volume from a remote control, though.
I believe that code is intended primarily for touch devices.

If you use XBMC on a normal PC you can use the + / - buttons to control main volume.
XBMC was really designed to be used in a way similar to a settopbox, with a remote controlling it, and attached to a nice AV-receiver.

This is where the application really shows most of its power.
touch support will create mouse support, so it still works.
Thanks guys, I did search and I saw that without a remote it was tough going. I am heading for a remote soon. I see much potential, soon it will be like Neo plugged into the Matrix. (Look Ma' no hands!) Keep up the good work. Thinking of fading in album art or rotating into place. Best remote for PC?
Cheap and easy to set up http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sapphire_Remote
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The ability for skins to adjust the volume via the mouse has been in for quite some time (well over a year). Only touch based skins have taken advantage of this to my knowledge, but the ability is there. I suggest encouraging the author of your favourite skin to add the feature.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I am a fan of the MCE remotes which are by default supported with a nice keymap under XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A media center with no volume?0