question regarding security of xbmc downloads
Question 
where can i find the (maybe digitaly signed) sha256 checksums of the xbmc downloads from mainpage?

i try to verify all my downloads to avoid malware on my computers.

thx in advance
cu
There are none.
If it comes from our mirrors.xbmc.org it's an official build.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
would be very nice and helpful if you can provide checksums on the mainpage/downloadpage

thats another (little) step closer to a more secure internet world Wink

thx
cu
if you are unsure dont download it - thousands of peeps have downloaded from these mirrors with no probs
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
We can do that, but if someone is able to modify the files on the mirrors, then they can probably modify whatever web page that has the checksum. I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but I don't have that kind of access to those pages. Not an unreasonable request, but it is at the mercy of whoever feels like it or not.
@leepenny
disagree

@ned
right...sometimes

at the end its often harder to crack two instead of only one server. what im doing at the moment is to download the binaries from at least two different servers and compare their checksum myself. the prefered way to secure downloads is to create checksum files and sign the checksum files with your pgp/gpg key...(thats the same way fedoraproject protect their downloads).

its fast...its very easy...and very effective. 2 additional minutes that can safe you time, money and your privacy...

i would appreciate it very much
cu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
question regarding security of xbmc downloads0