• 20(current)
Release WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state
Hi,

I'm kinda overhauling my Kodi setup right now. However:

1. I did hack 1.2.5 locally to remove the two instances of " * 1000" and tested this extensively over the past few days and it worked great!

2. Today I quickly installed 1.2.6 from github and tested that quickly with no problems.

I think we're good!

malch
Quick question with SQL Database.....

When setting watched/unwatched....it updates the episode_watched table by adding (watched) and deleting (unwatched) correct?
or does it just leave the entries in the table?

Urlryn
This seems like a great addon, but I have a couple of basic questions that I hope you could help me with.

Right now I'm using a MariaDB-container as my Kodi database on a unRAID-server, do I point this to the same database or do I set up a new database?
Can you install this script in Headless-kodi? That way I should'nt need to install it on any of the clients, correct?
(2019-03-19, 03:21)Urlryn Wrote: When setting watched/unwatched....it updates the episode_watched table by adding (watched) and deleting (unwatched) correct?
it does not delete the unwatched episode. It sets the playCount to 0 and sets the lastChange timestamp to the current time. By this, the unwatched state can be synchronized with other clients via Dopbox/SQL/fileshare. Otherwise, the non-zero playCount from another client would mark the entry as "newly watched" again after synchronization.
(2019-03-20, 01:43)XenapZ Wrote: Right now I'm using a MariaDB-container as my Kodi database on a unRAID-server, do I point this to the same database or do I set up a new database?
Can you install this script in Headless-kodi? That way I should'nt need to install it on any of the clients, correct?
You should set up a new database (e.g. "WatchedList"), because the Kodi database ("MyVideosxx") gets renamed with every new version.
I am not sure, what you mean with "Headless-kodi". From my understanding, the addon only works on the clients in the Kodi GUI (where you navigate through your media database). If you use a central MariaDB database for all clients, then in principle you only need one client to have the WatchedList addon installed.
(2019-03-24, 10:13)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-03-19, 03:21)Urlryn Wrote: When setting watched/unwatched....it updates the episode_watched table by adding (watched) and deleting (unwatched) correct?
it does not delete the unwatched episode. It sets the playCount to 0 and sets the lastChange timestamp to the current time. By this, the unwatched state can be synchronized with other clients via Dopbox/SQL/fileshare. Otherwise, the non-zero playCount from another client would mark the entry as "newly watched" again after synchronization. 
Ahhh that make sense.  Should there be a reason where playCount is greater than 1?  I had a few that were set to 2 and 3.  I'm assuming that it should be safe to set them back to 1?

Thanks again
Urlryn
(2019-03-25, 00:29)Urlryn Wrote: Should there be a reason where playCount is greater than 1?  I had a few that were set to 2 and 3.  I'm assuming that it should be safe to set them back to 1?
The playCount comes from the Kodi media database and is increased if you watch something multiple times. Only "0" and ">0" can be distinguished in Kodi, so it is safe to set it to 1.
(2019-03-25, 07:25)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 00:29)Urlryn Wrote: Should there be a reason where playCount is greater than 1?  I had a few that were set to 2 and 3.  I'm assuming that it should be safe to set them back to 1?
The playCount comes from the Kodi media database and is increased if you watch something multiple times. Only "0" and ">0" can be distinguished in Kodi, so it is safe to set it to 1. 
Guess that brings up one last question! Does WL try and set the playCount to "0" no matter what number is listed there?

Thanks again for a great addon!
Urlryn
(2019-03-25, 15:27)Urlryn Wrote: Guess that brings up one last question! Does WL try and set the playCount to "0" no matter what number is listed there?
Yes. If you unwatch a video, the playCount gets set to 0 again. The zero comes from the Kodi media library and is written into the WatchedList database with the logic explained before.
Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I am new to this add-on and it is a bit confusing to me, especially since I was using script.watched.states which still works but may be causing strange issues. Anyway, my questions are:

1 - If I do a new install of Kodi, how do I go about importing the watchedlist back into my new Kodi installation?
2 - How come I have 2 files at the moment: 20190412_203228-watchedlist.db.zip and watchedlist.db in my saved folder?
3- What is the best configuration? I just want to make sure that my watched states are always up to date.

Thanks in advance

Shedrock
(2019-04-13, 03:48)shedrock Wrote: 1 - If I do a new install of Kodi, how do I go about importing the watchedlist back into my new Kodi installation?
2 - How come I have 2 files at the moment: 20190412_203228-watchedlist.db.zip and watchedlist.db in my saved folder?
3- What is the best configuration? I just want to make sure that my watched states are always up to date.

1. Option a: Set up the WatchedList addon to synchronize to an external database (Dropbox or network share). Option b: Copy the file watchedlist.db into the directory userdata/addon_data/service.watchedlist
  2. The file with the timestamp is a backup file that is created before some actions. The backup was implemented as a safety mechanism, but so far the addon did not crash any database files.
  3. I tried to set up the default settings so that they would fit best for most users and not annoy with too much activity and notifications. You should set the addon to periodic updates and detect changes you make directly, to be sure that you are always up to date. The options are described in detail in the wiki.
(2019-04-13, 17:36)schapplm Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 03:48)shedrock Wrote: 1 - If I do a new install of Kodi, how do I go about importing the watchedlist back into my new Kodi installation?

1. Option a: Set up the WatchedList addon to synchronize to an external database (Dropbox or network share). Option b: Copy the file watchedlist.db into the directory userdata/addon_data/service.watchedlist
  2. The file with the timestamp is a backup file that is created before some actions. The backup was implemented as a safety mechanism, but so far the addon did not crash any database files.
  3. I tried to set up the default settings so that they would fit best for most users and not annoy with too much activity and notifications. You should set the addon to periodic updates and detect changes you make directly, to be sure that you are always up to date. The options are described in detail in the wiki.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I understand now, and appreciate it very much.

Shedrock
Hey Everyone,

Wondering if I can get a hand investigating a problem I'm having on my firestick...

I observe that the imdbnumber for a show changes depending on the system. For my laptop (ubuntu) and my mi box (android), for example, "The Good Fight" has an ID of 69158.  However, on my firestick, the same show has an imdbnumber of 320766.

I don't think this is actually a bug with the addon, although maybe there is something I don't understand. To get this information, I'm just POSTing the following (pulled right out of the addon source) to the different boxes:

json:
{
  "jsonrpc": "2.0",
  "method": "VideoLibrary.GetTVShows",
  "params": {
    "properties": ["title", "imdbnumber"],
    "sort": {"order": "ascending", "method": "title"}
  },
  "id": 1
}

2/3 are consistent, and one -- the firestick -- is off in its own world. This is repeatable too, if I clear out the firestick, the same thing happens (though, I haven't checked to see if the id changes).

The only difference is that the firestick is on 18.0, whereas the other systems are either 18.2 (compiled from source) or 18.1.

Thoughts?
I know this is probably a way out and possibly not doable request.  Any chance of getting the watched state written to the nfo?  Really helps those of us who use media managers (ex. Media Companion).  Thanks for maybe considering this.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2019-04-17, 17:51)bobrap Wrote: I know this is probably a way out and possibly not doable request.  Any chance of getting the watched state written to the nfo?  Really helps those of us who use media managers (ex. Media Companion).
I think you might already achieve this with the wiki article "Backup the video library".
Quote:This will make sure that your watched history, [...] gets saved
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList - service to automatically save/restore watched state3